What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" What we know.

gosoxtim

Noob
we may not get kung lao or other old characters due the fact mortal komabt x is a orginal story and we going to get new characters along with sub and scorps

Last edited:

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Boons Twitter is lighting with information right now!

RT @timbo869 @noobde will the story in mortal kombat X Kontinue from mk9 or be a new original story EB: Sort of BOTH.. hard 2 explain.

RT @Y21__ @noobde are we going to see new fighters in the MK X? EB: YES! Two of my new favoriates will be at E3 !!

RT @topherous86 @noobde so the 'X' has multiple meanings, right? #MKX EB: Yea. X can be used in a number of ways. That worked out nicely.

RT @darkgio6 @noobde are you showing gameplay of MKX at E3? EB: YES! You might also see gameplay in a "surprise" game injustry event ! #MKX

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Let it be known.

I'm calling it right now.

The multiple versions and multiple stories things is because this game will be both a sequel and a prequel, going back to tell the story of shinnok and heroes past to kind of explain a way of defeating the fallen god, while at the same time the heroes face Shinnok in the present(while or before he takes control of the realms) or the future(if the game takes place after Shinnok took over the worlds, since Liu Kang got fried and the rest of the Kombat Krew got wrecked by Sindel) while trying to find a way to defeat him. Maybe Raiden goes back in time to find the answer, or he sends someone(probably Cage or Sonya), or he just has flashbacks, or maybe the stories are to be played separately but are still connected.

The past probably giving us versions of characters stemming from people like The Great Kung-Lao for Kung-Lao, a former holder of the Sub-Zero mantle, Bo Rai Cho maybe, a past version of Goro(who didn't die in MK9, I don't think), maybe Reptile from the past or one of his people before they got fucked up, maybe king Jerrod before he got fucked up and became Ermac, one of Cage's ancestors since MK9 revealed that he was the descendant of warriors bred to fight for the gods, and basically anyone that is immortal or old enough to have been around in the past.

I have the feeling i'm either 90-100% right, or 90-100% wrong.

Alternate universes seems a little too unlikely, since they literally just did that with Injustice, and even before that they made an entirely new timeline with MK9 in the first place.

If i'm wrong then NRS really missed out on a cool story that allows both new characters and post MK4 characters :/

Last edited:
Let it be known.

I'm calling it right now.

The multiple versions and multiple stories things is because this game will be both a sequel and a prequel, going back to tell the story of shinnok and heroes past to kind of explain a way of defeating the fallen god, while at the same time the heroes face Shinnok in the present(while or before he takes control of the realms) or the future(if the game takes place after Shinnok took over the worlds, since Liu Kang got fried and the rest of the Kombat Krew got wrecked by Sindel) while trying to find a way to defeat him. Maybe Raiden goes back in time to find the answer, or he sends someone(probably Cage or Sonya), or he just has flashbacks, or maybe the stories are to be played separately but are still connected.

The past probably giving his versions of characters stemming from people like The Great Kung-Lao for Kung-Lao, a former holder of the Sub-Zero mantle, Bo Rai Cho maybe, a past version of Goro(who didn't die in MK9, I don't think), maybe Reptile from the past or one of his people before they got fucked up, maybe king Jerrod before he got fucked up and became Ermac, one of Cage's ancestors since MK9 revealed that he was the descendant of warriors bred to fight for the gods, and basically anyone that is immortal or old enough to have been around in the past.

I have the feeling i'm either 90-100% right, or 90-100% wrong.

Alternate universes seems a little too unlikely, since they literally just did that with Injustice, and even before that they made an entirely new timeline with MK9 in the first place.

This theory sounds like possible indeed

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking, with alternate/parallel universes and timelines going on. There was a lot of crazy time fuckery that went on with the realms due to Raiden's time-travelling mental note shenanigans.

ryublaze

Noob
Confirmed characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, bug lady character, big/little characters, aztek god character (don't know their names)
- Interactables (can be blocked, outlined so they can been seen easier) https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/476208734570430465
- Block button
- "Background use mainly for propelling characters" https://twitter.com/noobde/status/476215129378275328
- Character specific intros
- X-Rays (could be 2 separate bars of meter?)
- Run button?
- Multiple variations of each character

Scorpion:
- Has a fireball
- Sets himself on fire move (like his trait in Injustice)
- Hellfire that grabs the opponent
- Spear
- Different variations (one allows him to use swords)

Sub-Zero:
- Ice ball
- Has a backwards slide and forward slide
- Ice clone (can be thrown)
- Ice puddle?
- Ice parry?

Bug lady:
- Fast advancing projectile?
- Air grab

Big/little:
- Can throw the little one as a projectile
- Has as Bane like charge

Might've missed some stuff.

@STORMS :D

Last edited:
Confirmed characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, bug lady character, big/little characters, aztek god character (don't know their names)
- Interactables (can be blocked, outlined so they can been seen easier) https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/476208734570430465
- Block button
- "Background use mainly for propelling characters" https://twitter.com/noobde/status/476215129378275328
- Character specific intros
- X-Rays (could be 2 separate bars of meter?)
- Run button?
- Different stances?

Scorpion:
- Has a fireball
- Sets himself on fire move (like his trait in Injustice)
- Hellfire that grabs the opponent
- Spear

Sub-Zero:
- Ice ball
- Has a backwards slide and forward slide
- Ice clone (can be thrown)
- Ice puddle?
- Ice parry?

Bug lady:
- Fast advancing projectile?
- Air grab

Big/little:
- Can throw the little one as a projectile
- Has as Bane like charge

Might've missed some stuff.

@STORMS :D
Scorpion doesn't, and then does, have swords, and that's on the model itself(you can see them on his back in one scene, and no where at all in another).

This may relate to the "pre game" decisions. I'm getting SSIV flashbacks.

Anybody notice the weird random greenish grey ninja? Looks like a new version of Chameleon.
People seem to be saying it's tremor, and supposedly tanya's in the video? Personally I wouldn't know.

Edit- after more reading it's likely bug lady and sub's alt costumes?

Last edited:
Wait who is this "bug lady"? and "Big/little" man? Is it something that one would see in a comic book or something?

Yeah I watched the videos and now know who they are. But I must say that D'vorah reminds me of that spider lady from KI3.

Yeah I watched the videos and now know who they are. But I must say that D'vorah reminds me of that spider lady from KI3.

Boon stated in all of his interviews that MKX introduces the biggest amount of new characters ever presented in a mk game.

I'm not so familiar with the post umk3 era, so does anyone know what was the max number of new fighters who appeared in previous mk games.

Also, anybody knows anything about tag mode in MK X? Thx

From this video-

Just mentioning that at one point boon says all characters will acknowledge each other before a fight, which given what we've seen so far seems to imply unique prefight conversations for the entire cast.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
From this video-

Just mentioning that at one point boon says all characters will acknowledge each other before a fight, which given what we've seen so far seems to imply unique prefight conversations for the entire cast.
Not only that, but Boon also said on Twitter that characters also aknowledge twins, like if you both pick Scorpion.

d3v

SRK
I hope there's an option to adjust the HUD and move the health bars down a bit. That positioning is not going to work with most stream overlays that folks use.

EDIT: Sample mock up of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

gamesun

Noob
Not only that, but Boon also said on Twitter that characters also aknowledge twins, like if you both pick Scorpion.
If twins acknowledge themselves, could the story mode revolve around two different dimensions, thus having two separate characters of the same one? Explaining why they acknowledge themselves, that would be something lol, I'm probably over thinking here hehe.