What's new

Mortal Kombat X Story Mode Discussion & Speculation Thread

Gamer68

Fujin!
Mortal Kombat X is basically one month away from being out. With the game getting it's first true Story Mode teaser today, the Story trailer that was posted in February, with a good bit of the comics out, and the fact that it's so close to release, I thought it would be great to make a thread for Story Mode discussion and speculation!

Kinda like the thread @Youphemism made for the comics, which can be found here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-comic-plot-discussion-speculation-thread.47698/

I think having a go-to-thread for talking about MKX's story mode would be great... so I made one!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
So far the story looks great, after watching today's stream I was excited to know more, my brother was like <'(ºOº)'> OMG!! during the helicopter scene, really it was that good.
About the story, from what we know from the comics and the trailers, it seems Havik wants Shinnok's amulet to whatever purposes, Mileena currently has it and plan to use it to defeat Kotal. Now my guess is in the process Shinnok gets free from the amulet but he isn't the main boss. Along with the main story there is another sub story (and this is pure speculation from my part) that involves Quan Chi trying to resurrect Shaoh Kahn, he makes an alliance with Liu Kang, now a Fire God, to defeat Raiden and take control of Earthrealm, obviously both plan to betray each other afterwards.

D

Deleted member 35141

Fighting games have come really far since back in the days especially MK.
The story looks amazing so far, and the qtes are done very well unlike a lot of games nowadays

Gamer68

Fujin!
I figured I would post some of the more recent trailers and stuff:

Mortal Kombat X - Chapter 1 Preview

Mortal Kombat X - Cage Family Trailer

Mortal Kombat X - Story Trailer