What's new

Mortal Kombat X Goes Live at 2:40 PM EST

trufenix

bye felicia
You do know most of these questions can't even be answered right now. They'll be adjusting crap like this up until the day its released.
More importantly, EVO is in a month, and this is definitely going to be there. Even if they show us absolutely nothing between now and then, you know that entire weekend is just going to be full of tweets and cell phone caps and maybe even streams of real actual competent players running it through the rigors.

E

Eldriken

When I saw Ms Cage's hair closeup I lold so hard. She looks awfuly undetailed compared to the rest of the unvealed cast.
Exactly. Did you notice her ear as well? It has almost ZERO detail.

But we obviously cannot look too much into this as this is likely a very, very early build.

All in due time, y'know.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
None of the e3 people know shit about MK lol
Not showing Cassie's X ray or Hollywood stance = fail
Not showing scorpions hyped up crazy flip your shit fatality = fail
But hey at least we saw D'Vorah's X ray

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
These questions asked are so casual and pedestrian ugh.....

I want to know more about the backdashes costing meter. Are they invincible partly like Injustice? Can you cancel them mid dash?

This shit is important guys. I guess I'll ask myself on twitter.
People have already said dashing costs stamina/agility/endurance meter, and is not cancellable.

Btw, shit like meter use/building, damage, frame data will all mostly change. Didnt the first showing of clash in injustice, it cost 2 bars to initiate? Even basic mechanics like that can change easily in development for balance reasons.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
People have already said dashing costs stamina/agility/endurance meter, and is not cancellable.

Btw, shit like meter use/building, damage, frame data will all mostly change. Didnt the first showing of clash in injustice, it cost 2 bars to initiate? Even basic mechanics like that can change easily in development for balance reasons.
Ya, and you could do it over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It was super exciting to watch.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im sure they will fix. ATM she looks like something took a shit on her head and the shit dried up.
Lol. Her hair in the loading screen looks much better. Maybe her model is unfinished.

trufenix

bye felicia

Some one needs to do up a compilation video of those horrible one move Flash mirrors from that one Euro tournament during Injustice's pre-release and some of Check's combos from the MK9 demo and just post that everytime someone asks for concrete damage / frame / meter data pre-release.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I thought only back dashing costed stamina
Maybe only cancelling it costs meter, idk. But i remember specifically seeing backdash costs meter in an interview with john edwards. Just going by what people who played it are posting

E

Eldriken

When was this confirmed? I heard Boon mention that there have been many Sub Zeros (this we know) and that the story mode would explain who *this* Sub Zero is, but heard nothing about Frost's son. For anyone interested, the "which Sub?" thing was mentioned because it was brought up that MK9 finished with Cyber Sub, and this new dude isn't a robot :)

Depending on the session they change how they play based on how the interview is going - when interactables are mentioned something gets thrown or someone leaps, when X-Rays are mentioned one gets done, and so on. Between those talking points there's the odd dropped combo and a lot of not wanting to kill each other so the fighting remains on screen rather than bombarding the viewer with fatalities or the character select screen.
Yeah, I noticed that. But still...even when they weren't displaying interactables or X-Rays, they just sat there dropping everything known to man. Yes, the stage interactions, X-Rays and fatalities are amazing, but we also want to see what the damn combat engine is capable of, you know?

I know it's going to come at a later time, but at least TRY to whet everyone's appetite. :/

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah, I noticed that. But still...even when they weren't displaying interactables or X-Rays, they just sat there dropping everything known to man. Yes, the stage interactions, X-Rays and fatalities are amazing, but we also want to see what the damn combat engine is capable of, you know?

I know it's going to come at a later time, but at least TRY to whet everyone's appetite. :/
There was some good stuff in the day 1 vids with D'vorah using that weird shang down fireball looking trap, and some ferra stuff off the command grabs. Last night someone was trying to do run cancel combos with Cassie, can't remember if its in the twitch or ign vids. It just seems like whenever Scorpion or Sub (ironically) are on screen, nobody can do dick except throw spears, ice balls, and jump off shit. Have we even seen if Scorpion has flip kick in any stance yet? He had it in the cgi trailer.

E

Eldriken

There was some good stuff in the day 1 vids with D'vorah using that weird shang down fireball looking trap, and some ferra stuff off the command grabs. Last night someone was trying to do run cancel combos with Cassie, can't remember if its in the twitch or ign vids. It just seems like whenever Scorpion or Sub (ironically) are on screen, nobody can do dick except throw spears, ice balls, and jump off shit. Have we even seen if Scorpion has flip kick in any stance yet? He had it in the cgi trailer.
The amount of even remotely "good stuff" was severely outweighed by the not so good. The good stuff lasted all of like 10 seconds each go around. Then you had people trying to do Kahn's uppercut 7-8 times in a row and whiffing almost every time when attempting to combo it.

I know I'm being pessimistic, but I really did enjoy what we got to see. It was just a bit of a disappointment since we didn't get to see what the game was capable of. But, I know that will come at a later time. I'm just being impatient.

trufenix

bye felicia
The amount of even remotely "good stuff" was severely outweighed by the not so good. The good stuff lasted all of like 10 seconds each go around. Then you had people trying to do Kahn's uppercut 7-8 times in a row and whiffing almost every time when attempting to combo it.

I know I'm being pessimistic, but I really did enjoy what we got to see. It was just a bit of a disappointment since we didn't get to see what the game was capable of. But, I know that will come at a later time. I'm just being impatient.
You know as well as I do NOTHING we see from now until whenever it comes out is actually going to scratch the itch most of the people on this site are feeling right now. Even EVO is just going to leave you with more questions and hype blue balls than you have now.

Just brace yourself for another round of blockless, jump filled, projectile fests from show floors, trailers full of meter impossible combos, and a so many scorpion / sub zero related videos you will see their x-rays in your sleep.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
I think this was the best stream so far for information and gameplay. Real combos and a lot of character variations