What's new

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay trailer from E3

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
My hype for MKX is at an all time low. Previously: 432/10. Currently: 4.4/10. Allow me to break down how 432 went to 4.4:

1) Movement

The biggest difference in terms of fluidity of movement between MK9 and Injustice was the dashing. Specifically, the block dashing. Injustice had predetermined times for how long a character's dash was and you could do nothing while dashing. In MK9, you can interrupt a dash with a block, normal, special, or throw. This allowed for faster paced, fluid movement in battle. Whether you enjoy Injustice, MK9, or both, it's objectively fair to say Injustice moves more like chess - deliberate and obvious, while MK9 moves more like a DOA5. In my opinion, fluid combat generates hype.

While we can't be 100% certain at this point how fluid the combat actually is, if it lends itself to Injustice's style then my 100% certainty of buying an XBox1 + MKX has disappeared. Hype factor: -300.

2) Interactables

Even if we can turn off interactables, the community will have to debate whether or not they are allowed in tournament. This all depends on how powerful they are. If NRS follows the Injustice model, then interactables will be extremely powerful. So strong in fact that characters were balanced around them. This inherently takes focus off of the development of the balance between characters themselves as the game is created with interactables in mind.

I have very little faith in our community to enforce a tournament ruleset that doesn't allow for interactables. Therefore, hype factor: -127.6.

Yes, the character design, visuals, stages, fatalities all look incredible. But if the game itself isn't enjoyable to play...then what's the point? 10 minutes to YouTube all the fatalities and on my way.

Here's hoping I eat my words. Anyone who knows me on here knows how hype I am for Mortal Kombat and knows that these words above were difficult to type...but they're the truth.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @AK Pig Of The Hut @Skkra @RedRaptor10 @Eddy Wang your thoughts?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I see a lot of people hating on the new characters....

Lets not forget that the last time we saw a TRUE new character to the series was back in 2006 with Taven and daegon(skarlet and CSZ dont count). So i know from my own experience its hard for me to wrap my head around a new character in the series. But im embracing and hella stoked. I CANT WAIT GIVE IT TO ME NOWWWWW

It's just placeholder. But definitely an EX going on of some sort.
I wouldn't say the sound is a placeholder. Remember the sound made from the Breakers in MK9 originally came from MK vs DC so they may actually use the sound in the final game. I'm just saying don't rule it out!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I was seriously disgusted by those fatalities! Never have I ever been grossed out(being crept out yes) by fatalities until now! When Sub Zero's face started melting, I literally felt grossed out! NRS, you really shocked me! I just hope that with these gory fatalities it will still be a rated "M" cause DAAAAAAMN!!!
The fatalities were brutal and gory! Just the way fatalities should be! I love them

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The bitching is just too hilarious. First how are you gonna talk about graphics on a compressed (let alone not true 1080p) video? And interactables are block able so the crying can stop. The new characters look like straight up MK characters unless you guys want mavado, jarek, or another generic placeholder.

Decay

King of the Bill
Okay here's some more things ive noticed, we got no confirmation on back to block or block button because no one decided to block that whole demo pretty much. One of my friends said that ed boon was asked if you can block the interactables and he said YES so maybe they wont be as broken as IGAU and perhaps they just do enhanced chip. Also, I LOVE the atmosphere, super gritty and dark, just the way think MK should be

SonicFox5000

The Best.
WHOA GUYS I THINK THIS IS WHERE THE MULTIPLE VARIATIONS COME INTO PLAY.
If you look closely, scorpion in one scene has SWORDS on his back and he is fighting with them. In another scene, HE DOESNT have them on and is punching the shit outta sub.
STANCES/VARIATIONS ARE CONFIRMED GET FUCKING HYPE.
Oh and bug lady was already claimed by me