What's new

Mortal Kombat X Editions Announced

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Because my favorite MK character might not make the roster now because their roster spots and dev time are being used on guest characters instead
That wouldn't be the reason why they don't make it in this game. (who is it out of curiosity?)

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Judging from the premium edition being $90 we can assume the Kombat Pack will be sold separately for at least $35 outside the bundles.

I think I'll skip this season pass and grab the komplete edition a year or so from now. I see no reason to pay double what the MK9/Injustice season passes cost for the same amount of characters. Especially when the wording indicates there may be multiple guests taking up those 4 slots.

I wish NetherRealm would go more in line with Tekken as opposed to Street Fighter when it comes to DLC. Then again, the Tekken and Witcher devs are really the odd men out when it comes to their dlc practices.

Judging from the premium edition being $90 we can assume the Kombat Pack will be sold separately for at least $35 outside the bundles.

I think I'll skip this season pass and grab the komplete edition a year or so from now. I see no reason to pay double what the MK9/Injustice season passes cost for the same amount of characters. Especially when the wording indicates there may be multiple guests taking up those 4 slots.

I wish NetherRealm would go more in line with Tekken as opposed to Street Fighter when it comes to DLC. Then again, the Tekken and Witcher devs are really the odd men out when it comes to their dlc practices.
Who Said there were only 4 slots?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That wouldn't be the reason why they don't make it in this game. (who is it out of curiosity?)
Noob. I dont think he is going to make the initial roster, and I was assuming that all the dlc characters besides 1 would be returning favorites that dont make the cut, but if they do multiple guest characters theres just less opportunities for returning favorites to get in at all. Any time/money spent on animating and creating guest characters is time and money that would have been used on returning fighters if guests characters werent a thing.

I kinda agree w/the complaint about multiple guest characters...One is fine and I don't see the point any more. There are so many characters that are already established and have a fanbase, why jeopardize a potential spot for a returning fav? (And Yes it IS jeopardy since season pass typically comes in 4s not 3s).

But whatever it is what it is, money from people outside the usual fanbase always comes into play at some point....all I know is they better Really nail this roster.

The good part about that advertisement however is *letting us know ahead of time* that they plan on including guests in season pass so I don't waste my money this time.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This makes me glad I'm getting this on PC, I love statues and all but I was hoping for a fight stick edition. Roll on April!

gosoxtim

Noob
this doesnt say there four dlc spots?The 'Kombat Pack' available in the Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition by Coarse and Premium Edition will include:

- Iconic Guest Characters
- Classic MK Kombatants
- Themed Skin Packs

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

You pay $90 for a digital copy, all DLC characters and some skins. Or pay $60 for standard, and then $60 again for Komplete Edition? I dont understand the logic.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The big question I have is this. If I get the Kombat Pack, is it going to cover the extra 2 DLC characters that come out in a year that break the game? I was pretty pissed off that I bought the Season Pass for IGAU and then I still have to pay for MMH and Magic Bitch.

Maybe that's why it's not called a Season Pass this time...loophole.

khrome

Master of The Universe
LOL @ people bothered that it's Scorpion.

Scorpion is better than everyone else. It's a fact.

GET OVER IT!!
LOL @ people bothered that it's Scorpion.

Scorpion is more iconic than everyone else. It's a fact.

GET OVER IT!!
Fixed*. You're welcome.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
You pay $90 for a digital copy, all DLC characters and some skins. Or pay $60 for standard, and then $60 again for Komplete Edition? I dont understand the logic.
I highly doubt the Kombat pass is going to cover everything. Injustice currently has almost $50 worth of DLC that was not included in the season pass. So, more like pay 90 for the digital edition and get four dlc characters and some costumes like it says. Then add 50 extra for other dlc. Or just get the Komplete Edition when it is cheaper.

For example I got the ultimate edition of Injustice for $7. So I payed $81 total. Bought the standard + season pass originally.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Maybe there is a chance Baraka will make the cut...

I purchased every edition for MK9 and I'm afraid I'm going to do it again. I'm starting to get ridiculously hype over this game now.