What's new

Mortal Kombat X Digital Comics announced by DC Comics - will serve as prequel to game

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I knew it would happen and I'm hyped as fuck. I have no idea who the writer is(I dont read comics anymore) but I'm hopeful.
INB4 all the MK4 guys are in the comic but are not playable. #NoFujin

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Still hope he is playable, looks more interesting then the other Red Dragon guys.
It's a simple Red Dragon thug. They are the same guys Taven fights in MKA. All that pic tells me is that the Red Dragon play a part in the up coming story, which means Deagon and Movado may make the cut in the game ;Movado more than Deagon.

FYI: Boon said Movado was one of his favorite character in an interview years ago, and in the pic he tweeted of all the boots, one of the characters was wearing a cape/trench coat like Movado does.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's a simple Red Dragon thug. They are the same guys Taven fights in MKA. All that pic tells me is that the Red Dragon play a part in the up coming story, which means Deagon and Movado may make the cut in the game ;Movado more than Deagon.

FYI: Boon said Movado was one of his favorite character in an interview years ago, and in the pic he tweeted of all the boots, one of the characters was wearing a cape/trench coat like Movado does.

I never really cared for him but Movado definitely has potential.

Well, all MK characters have a fuck-ton of potential, which is one of the series' biggest problems because it has a terrible track record of not using characters to the best of their abilities or making them compelling, past the MK1-3 cast and a small few stragglers from the 3D era.

Kabal is dead, so they can introduce him a way that's less stupid than his original and he can believably still get Kabal's hookswords, him dying and all.

Would be hilarious if he ends up the +S tier in this game like Kabal is in MK9.

This was posted with the other pictures.

Is it a mistake? I don't recognize him from anything else.
Aw fuck them, they designed that goon too good.

I hate it when creators make throwaway/minion characters look badass, because it feels like wasted character concept.

Last edited:

SiThG0D

These eyes will deceive you.
damn so sweet, I will be buying all of these comics for sure, can't wait to read them, and yeah thats just a random red dragon merc, sad thing is he looks cooler than every new character announced so far imo. not trying to hate on the newbies but I like the red dragon merc design better than all the new ones so far.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Aw fuck them, they designed that goon too good.

I hate it when creators make throwaway/minion characters look badass, because it feels like wasted character concept.
Seriously, I want to play as that dude.
He looks like a cross between Gray Fox and Kenshi.

Him and Mavado would make a good pair to fight against Kano and Tremor.
The other Black and Red Dragon dudes don't interest me too much to be honest.

Awesome news, very excited for this.used to watch the Mortal Kombat animated series every saturday morning on USA channel, too bad it got cancelled after a season:c.
LORE<3<3<3

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Looks like Kano will play a bigger role in Mkx's story unlike mk9.

It also means that it may be true that they're getting all the most important returning characters it of the way for reveals first.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 I'm so freaking happy right now...and I feel so vindicated too! I knew a comic series would be announced, I was just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up. Lol.
Hell yeah man!! so excited for this lol. Another comic has been added to my weekly pull lists ;) once they have them in paper trades(which I HOPE they do)

I just hope this lasts as long as Injustice! And apparently WILL be canon so those chodes at comicvine can STFU now with MK debates lol.

I just posted this on there btw ;) They had to do this and I made a topic about this months ago remember? Maybe they read people's posts like mine! Would be so cool if WB/DC/NRS did a contest where MK fan can win a chance to write an issue, how sick would that be? I know it won't happen but can you imagine how many MK story buffs would go orgasmic over that?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/since-wb-owns-both-dc-and-mk-would-that-mean-dc-or-vertigo-would-do-mk-comic-if-they-come-back.44450/

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Has this guy written any other comics? He good?
This is the first comic he is doing as far as I know...he doesn't have any other credits I can find either...

The artist is great though...hes not some bum they threw at it...
Really looking forward to all the art and lore coming from this..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Animated would work really well, and they wouldn't have to bullshit up so non-canon plot to make it work either.

WB has some damn good animators at their disposal too.
Plus especially since the fact that WB has a great rep with DC animated films which are awesome. WB has the power and NRS has MK, Injustice etc to not want more would be stupid. I agree.