What's new

Mortal Kombat X Coming to Mobile Devices (free-to-play)

trufenix

bye felicia
Precisely. The game would be far more fun if it wasn't used as a way to force us to unlock things for the console.

I said it before, stuff like this makes a Komplete Edition much more desirable.
If it wasn't for the game you'd just be paying for the dlc. Which is an option in the game anyway.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I was wondering if they were going to do an injustice/wwe mobile reskin for MKX. Wasnt really a fan of those games but ill def play it for the unlockables. Hoping the gameplay is somewhat different.

Funny that considering the cost to make a AAA console game like MKX, this mobile version will prob be more profitable for them.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Yeah its a real cock punch that people who like these games get rewarded for playing them.
Less a cockpunch and more of a decision I disagree with. You shouldn't have to play one game to unlock stuff in another.

It is a cockpunch to people who don't own an iOs or Android device. (RIP windows phone users) Back when Injustice came out my Android phone couldn't really handle the Injustice app. Compound that with the fact that I just don't care for that style of game... I just wasn't going to get the Arkham Harley skin I really wanted. Luckily there were some really awesome folks who recognized some people are in those situations and unlocked everything on several accounts and passed them around on forums.

Now I have a way better phone that can run all this stuff, but I still don't care for mobile games outside of a select few. I will only play this if I absolutely have to. I don't see why you care if myself and others find other ways to get the skins. That shouldn't lessen your enjoyment of the mobile game. If you enjoy it and want to play it, that's great. I just don't. /shrug

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Precisely. The game would be far more fun if it wasn't used as a way to force us to unlock things for the console.
Definitely not. I would have never wasted space on it without incentives for the console version but I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was. In saying that, even though Injustice Mobile had a longer shelf life for me compared to the console version, I still haven't touched it in months.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I think the ninja fighting Subzero is Scorpion with the black costume. Yes he has only 1 sword, but maybe that's Scorpion in his inferno variation. For the ninjutsu variation he could have 2 swords on his back, they only have 1 for cosmetics. That could be either his alt or Feudal Japan skin.

They showed the alts for the classic ninjas: Reptile, Ermac, Subzero.... why would this one not be Scorpion? that's my opinion anyway, not saying I'm right.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think the ninja fighting Subzero is Scorpion with the black costume. Yes he has only 1 sword, but maybe that's Scorpion in his inferno variation. For the ninjutsu variation he could have 2 swords on his back, they only have 1 for cosmetics. That could be either his alt or Feudal Japan skin.

They showed the alts for the classic ninjas: Reptile, Ermac, Subzero.... why would this one not be Scorpion? that's my opinion anyway, not saying I'm right.
Look at the arms. Kunai on the forearms in the same place Takeda has his. It's definitely Takeda.

Also, there are distinct aesthetic differences between the variations, having two swords instead on one wouldn't be distinct enough to tell the difference between Ninjitsu and the others at a first glance.

It's Takeda.

trufenix

bye felicia
Less a cockpunch and more of a decision I disagree with. You shouldn't have to play one game to unlock stuff in another.
It's weird that you think just because content exists you are entitled to it for free. The game is an opportunity for people who want to participate, not a punishment for people who don't.

If you really want the costumes or banners or whatever the hell the game unlocks, just pay five bucks and unlock it instantly. You wouldn't even bat an eyelash if it was on the PSN / MS store.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
It's weird that you think just because content exists you are entitled to it for free. The game is an opportunity for people who want to participate, not a punishment for people who don't.

If you really want the costumes or banners or whatever the hell the game unlocks, just pay five bucks and unlock it instantly. You wouldn't even bat an eyelash if it was on the PSN / MS store.
You seem to think I'm way more up in arms about this than I am. My apologies if I came across that way. I never said just because something exists I should get it for free, but when it is something that you can get for free 100% legally... Why not get it for free?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

I said it before, stuff like this makes a Komplete Edition much more desirable.
You know there will be some sort of exclusive shit you can only unlock through the app, though. Oh well...here's to hoping I can get a hack to work again so I can just blow through it and unlock stuff.

I'd gladly just pay for the unlocks instead of having to play some shitty mobile game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah that's definitely a takeda alt. Knew he'd have a sword variation. He looks cool as hell there too
That generic ninja has no whips.

His X-ray uses the the whips.

The kunai on that generic ninja's arms aren't connected to anything, and even if they were they still aren't metal whips.

This is probably just a generic enemy in some sort of challenge mode on the app.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
That generic ninja has no whips.

His X-ray uses the the whips.

The kunai on that generic ninja's arms aren't connected to anything, and even if they were they still aren't metal whips.

This is probably just a generic enemy in some sort of challenge mode on the app.
I think the lack of detail is due to this being from the mobile app.
The kunai could easily be attached to ropes under his arm guard. And why would they have to be whips? The same effect can be achieved with ropes.
It might be, but I think it's more likely to be Takeda.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I seriously refuse to believe that anyone enjoyed the injustice mobile app. Like really it was so bad and stupid and pointless and not fun. If you claim to enjoy it, you're lying. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Even more bizarre was the fact that it had IAP! IAP in a game that's so boring that no one even cares if you have to pay to win! Who bought the IAP? Did you buy it, @CrimsonShadow ? You better come clean or Jesus won't let you into heaven.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
My phone couldn't handle the injustice app and it won't be able to handle this. Damn.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Hurry up and get inside me/my tablet. Anything so I can see more characters/potential costumes.

Also, I dunno about you guys, but I think that Ermac alt is pretty sick.

The unlocks for Injustice weren't that much of a big deal. I mean, there were a couple of costumes, but nothing groundbreaking and nothing you wouldn't have been fine without.

I mainly played the game on its own merit, just to see how long it'd take me to beat. I had a good time and took it at my own pace. But if anyone decides to skip out, I doubt they'll be missing much from the MK
X experience.

Now if DLC characters or game modes were only unlocked this way, that'd be a different story altogether.
UM excuse me, Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) Skin?!?

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder if that could be an be an NPC from Scorpion's Shirai Ryu clan. Which looks somewhat similar to the Lin Kuei ninjas shown in the story trailer.

The character doesn't look all that fleshed out either in terms of design, compared to others. Who knows though.
whats real interesting is that none of the mobile games have had npcs before. well, the arkham origins game did but it was fucking boring. I wonder if this is actually going to have a narrative or if its just more mindless grinding.

Last edited:

Hehateme

Noob
whats real interesting is that none of the mobile games have had npcs before. well, the arkham origins game did. I wonder if this is actually going to have a narrative or if its just more mindless grinding.
Yeah Injustice and Immortals didn't have npcs. They made the roster bigger by having costumes.