What's new

Mortal Kombat X comes to the World Stage at Evolution 2015!

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
This going to be freakin epic. Getting to meet everyone and familiar faces. Pittsburgh will be reppin out there! im ready to get bodied!

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Indeed, but Tekken 7 got confirmed before a release date was even announced. Definitely can't wait for this EVO.
Yea but it's unlikely any US player will beat any overseas player in it since they will have access to it for months starting in Feb and we don't. We get to play it a few times at events here but no US release until console means no real practice. Plus a lot of our guys use pad. Though I already know I'll still be the first dude up there trying to win anyway. At least we get to play it outright :)

Now I know some are bummed out about injustice not returning, but if we want our games to stay around at evo, we have to bring in the entrants. If our entrants decrease every yr, then it is a foregone conclusion that it will get the boot as a main game eventually. So if we really want MKX to stick around, we going to have to keep consistent tourney numbers and increase our evo numbers by the year.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I've wanted to go to Evo for a couple of years now...I might be able to make it happen this time around. About how much is the trip in all? $1000?

What if I just want to spectate and play casuals? How much then?

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
Now I know some are bummed out about injustice not returning, but if we want our games to stay around at evo, we have to bring in the entrants. If our entrants decrease every yr, then it is a foregone conclusion that it will get the boot as a main game eventually. So if we really want MKX to stick around, we going to have to keep consistent tourney numbers and increase our evo numbers by the year.
Preach!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Yea but it's unlikely any US player will beat any overseas player in it since they will have access to it for months starting in Feb and we don't. We get to play it a few times at events here but no US release until console means no real practice. Plus a lot of our guys use pad. Though I already know I'll still be the first dude up there trying to win anyway. At least we get to play it outright :)
Oh yeah, we're going to get absolutely molested by our Korean overlords at EVO, but it'll be fun to watch. Mr. Naps has had time to play T7, so we'll probably have to count on him to be our champion. Also, I believe they're trying to get pad support on the arcade machines for people in the West, so there's hope for that. Time to watch as many streams as possible in order to soak up some information before EVO!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Maybe it's time for me to show my tekken skills :p

Maybe not top 8 material but there was a point where I could keep up with Ryan Hart. So maybe I could make it outta pools?

Also KI, I'm not great, but not terrible, doubt id make it outta pools on that though since I lack a lot of character knowledge.

Honestly not surprised that injustice didn't make it, but we should use that to our advantage and really push ourselves in all aspects MKX.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Oh yeah, we're going to get absolutely molested by our Korean overlords at EVO, but it'll be fun to watch. Mr. Naps has had time to play T7, so we'll probably have to count on him to be our champion. Also, I believe they're trying to get pad support on the arcade machines for people in the West, so there's hope for that. Time to watch as many streams as possible in order to soak up some information before EVO!
Yea I just heard about the ports. I don't plan on watching any stream though since I plan to finally be there this time heh :)
MKX and T7!

as someone who knows relatively little about evo do people just hang out and play the various games or is it all competition?

trufenix

bye felicia
I would agree, except that with the exception of EVO 2014 (where tons of players were multi regged anyway), Injustice has been bigger than KI at every tournament for its entire life. KI just gets a bye because its new and has a bunch of big names playing it. You could also argue that nobody wants to piss in Jebailey's cornflakes since he's such a big guy in the scene now.

Edit: Which is not to say we as a scene can't do better, but still. Lets call this what it is.

I would agree, except that with the exception of EVO 2014 (where tons of players were multi regged anyway), Injustice has been bigger than KI at every tournament for its entire life. KI just gets a bye because its new and has a bunch of big names playing it. You could also argue that nobody wants to piss in Jebailey's cornflakes since he's such a big guy in the scene now.

Edit: Which is not to say we as a scene can't do better, but still. Lets call this what it is.
Maybe so, hopefully we as a community change things up.