What's new

Mortal Kombat X Arcade Machine Concept Art

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
So I'm going to be building an MKX arcade machine, just like I did for MK9 and Injustice. I spent some time working on some concept art, throwing some ideas around for artwork. I thought about doing an homage or paying tribute to MK2's artwork and just re-imagined it a bit for MKX. Here is a preliminary draft. No control panel overlay yet. Just the sides, control panel front and marquee. Thoughts? Opionions?...

promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I started a hobby project like this a couple summer's ago. I had all of my panels cut. Unfortunately I used press wood, and I just didn't feel it would be sturdy enough.

As someone who is interested in making my own cab as well, can I ask what you are using for your wood?

YourMKArcadeSource

Thanks everyone. TakeAChance...I actually don't make these cabinets from scratch. I use existing machines and just strip them down and convert them to the new games. For MKX, I'll be using an empty War:Final Assault cabinet. To answer your question though, they are all made out of 3/4" MDF/particle board.

YourMKArcadeSource

Continuing the work on the MKX arcade art. Worked on the Control Panel Overlay and re-did the control panel sides to contrast/clash less than the originals. So here is the CPO and CPO Sides...

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
How well do the assets upscale to that size, and what are you using for a printing solution? That's typically not a DYI print job for something that size.

YourMKArcadeSource

They turned out great. I had a local shop print them for me. They went on easily and I was very pleased with the result.