What's new

Mortal Kombat Trilogy Online - Help Needed!

See this Street Fighter Online game?

www.streetfighteronline.com

I and a few friends would like to make a similar game, only with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. The game will have single-player and online multiplayer with chat rooms, customizable options, and more. Everything will be ripped from the PC version, with a little bit from the N64 version (like the 3-on-3 Kombat, the 24 treasures, and the boss fatalities).

Now what I need to make this game is:
-A good flash game maker
-A utility that lets me hack into the sprites and sounds from the PC version
-If the PC version won't work out, a utility that lets me hack into the DAT files for the PSX version
-A N64 ROM hacker

If you can help me out with this stuff, I might even let you join the development and/or moderating team.

I am developing a forum for the game, but I'll need a website for the game. A free one, so I could use help on that as well.

I really would like this game to become a reality, so if you could help me and my friends out, it would be appreciated.

WARNING: I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE A WAR BETWEEN THIS GAME AND SFO! I RESPECT ALL THE WORK THEY'RE DOING OVER THERE, SO I DON'T WANT ANYONE STARTING A FIGHT ON EITHER SIDE AND STARTING A WAR!

dreemernj

Ambassador
Gashouse Gorilla said:
See this Street Fighter Online game?

www.streetfighteronline.com

I and a few friends would like to make a similar game, only with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. The game will have single-player and online multiplayer with chat rooms, customizable options, and more. Everything will be ripped from the PC version, with a little bit from the N64 version (like the 3-on-3 Kombat, the 24 treasures, and the boss fatalities).

Now what I need to make this game is:
-A good flash game maker
-A utility that lets me hack into the sprites and sounds from the PC version
-If the PC version won't work out, a utility that lets me hack into the DAT files for the PSX version
-A N64 ROM hacker

If you can help me out with this stuff, I might even let you join the development and/or moderating team.

I am developing a forum for the game, but I'll need a website for the game. A free one, so I could use help on that as well.

I really would like this game to become a reality, so if you could help me and my friends out, it would be appreciated.

WARNING: I DO NOT WANT TO CREATE A WAR BETWEEN THIS GAME AND SFO! I RESPECT ALL THE WORK THEY'RE DOING OVER THERE, SO I DON'T WANT ANYONE STARTING A FIGHT ON EITHER SIDE AND STARTING A WAR!
Good stuff.

A few details:

As far as making Flash, the best tool is Flash MX from Adobe. Any flash program designed to make games, isn't designed to make the game you are talking about. Flash games typically do not require the level of input handling or even the framerate that a fighting game needs. SFO uses Shockwave which I would argue is a lot more capable than Flash is for making games. But it's still laggy, choppy, and lossy. There are less expensive alternatives to Flash MX, like Swish Max, which are quite capable, but this sort of thing will probably push the limits of what Flash can do and so Flash MX is your best bet. But it is very expensive.

DAT files for PSX and PC are identical. If there is a program to get the graphics from the dat files, it will work the same on both. That said, I've never seen something for ripping the graphics out of the game.

I think all or almost all the sound effects have been ripped. I forget what the link is to get to zips that Shock made a long time ago that have a LOT of the sounds in them.

I don't have any experience with the N64 ROMs. I have opened some in hex editor and figured out some stuff that way, but I have no idea how they store graphics or sounds in them or how to access that stuff.