What's new

Mortal Kombat Project Fan made Trilogy Re-imagination by MKP team this current build by Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Didn't know this was a thing, have to say it looks very cool. I've been craving something with the older style MK combo system but more modern design. I'll have to take a look at this when I get some more time.

Really great job though. This is shit ton of work.
Don't forget that it's super buggy, mugen has a lot of issues running inputs and animations at times, and there are things i'm still unable to fix, but i do a system revision everytime i can in order to refine the general gameplay, and improve the experience, i think this one it's already outdated and i want to fix it further due to some things i keep finding annoying, but never the less, still fun.

out of curiosity how is this different from the other MK mugan games, like Komplete Edition or Chaotic's New Era or something like that?
I like my characters to behave more like NRS era system, where everyone has it's own uniqueness instead of having a bunch of pallete swaps doing the exact same thing.

For example, i have Mk1 Sub, MK2 Sub, MK3 Sub, Classic Sub, and Mythologies Sub and i still have frost, this is pretty much a all sub archetype, but each one plays different from each other.

Mk2 Jax for example focus more of his gameplan on charging up ground pound, and find oportunities to use it and force opponents to either move away from him or come at him, and he can mix this up by either not charging and take them off the air or super charge another one and launch them.
Which is widely different from how UMK3/Trilogy Jax plays

So to every character in the roster that it's not a boss character. they have something to offer, from easy to learn to technical characters with a much wide variety of skills or fleshed out mechanics.

I'm also constantly balancing them, specially when a character seems to go far beyond what i initially scopped for, or when they're under performing i tend to give them new moves, new ways to do damage or more, and there are some i still have no idea how to flesh them out, but these often come up with the more it plays.

Like, every sub archtype (frost included) when they have aggressor active their ice special moves can exist for a short period of time as their ice clones on screen, so you can clone and use other specials other than slides
Super Sub gets juiced like MK mythologies Sub when he enters netherrealm and gains new specials
Teleport Ninjas can teleport without cooldowns

not every character have aggressor changes yet, some i have 0 idea to what to do at the moment, but a good majority of them already has something interesting to help juice them up with aggressor.