What's new

Mortal Kombat Project Fan made Trilogy Re-imagination by MKP team this current build by Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mortal Kombat Project Trilogy Re-imagination is an MK game made with the Open ended engine in M.U.G.E.N, this version however is been edited by me. This mortal Kombat is just a fan made thing, its not made for sale and it will be given free to whoever wants to try it out and have some fun.

There is several MK from Mugen out there, but when i got my hands in the one where i based this one, i found it to be the closest one to the Original MKP with the physics being really natural and everything loyal to the characters so i started to play it more from time to time and exploring the characters and etc.

Ever since my people Enjoys Trilogy a lot they still play it to this very day, so i decided to pick the original MKP by borg117 and shape his engine into something which favors my people more to play it so maybe it can replace Trilogy in a near future with a game which plays just as they always want it to play but without all the issues trilogy currently has, and of course new features, characters and mechanics to make the game even more fresh, this is not the end result and the game is still in development but there is a lot that you can find in there.

What's different?
The name:
I call my version MKP Competitive Build, that's because its designed to play against another person a mortal kombat 2 people or more can play and try to exploit the game without getting bored, still deciding in that name, sometimes i call it tournament edition.

The physics
This version has unlimited Run as a default feature, characters can run freely at any given point in the game, that's because Angolans always played Trilogy the same way to make it more dynamic, this is an integral part of the game in this build because the entire game, pressure and juggle system are based around it, though there were infinites in the original trilogy here you won't find any so far, so characters behave very differently from any other MKP out there, some specials can be accessed more or less and the combo system is also different from that matter.

The Snake Jab Rule system
In this build, you can use aaHP or aaLP to extend your combos, just like the original ones, these same punches are now named Snake Jabs, another thing we called back then to it to shorten the name, here the entire game has a rule, you can only do 2 snake jabs per juggle, limiting the possibility of jabbing opponents across the screen infinitely, there is however certain specials which reset this rule and then you can re-use snake jabs again by the exact same number as before, but its impossible endlessly loop through both creating infinite combos so far.

You can see the combo possibilities the physics special and snakejab rule in this very video

Aggressor System
The aggressor has its own juice, character become much faster, their jump arc becomes much lower, and their damage output gets buffed while aggressor is active but that is not the only thing it gives, it also triggers characters passive abilities

Aggressor Passive Abilities
Its a new mechanic which i'm developing in game, it works like enhanced special moves for some, or completely new to others, in sum, it can alter proprieties of characters specials by doing things it wasn't possible before, others gain access to new special moves while aggressor is active and can turn pretty much a special into a mechanic.

In the below example Scorpion gain access to mutiple teleports without cooldown whenever his aggressor actives just so you guys can have an idea.

In this below example Rain Gains a new power named Super Lightning, which temporarily fries people with a very powerfull lightning imobilizing them for a free round house hit, but its not the only thing it does, as his snake jab extender its his round house, it allows him to re-use the Super Round House more than once in one combo if done in correct order reseting his snake jab counter in the process.

The aggressor triggers whenever is full and after a few seconds its gets disabled again, while not full if the character is not attacking it will start depleting on its own slowly.

Balancing
The game as balance, meaning i have defined a set of rules in order to make the game far more enjoyable, even the hitbox application is different from many standard MKP games, meaning Jump attacks are faster but the hurtbox surrounded even the attacking part of the move, but uppercuts, round houses and standing HP jabs have priority against air attacks on their active frames since in this particular stance it lowers their hitbox, that is to prevent one direction type of offense.

The pressure game and huge amount of blockstuns have been heavily reduced, though is possible to cancel LP pressure on block with run to re-apply this same jab its only +1 on block at best, looping though can be easily escapable by using counter poking such as d+LP or d+LK, you can though mix with knee or elbow starters to beat people trying to poke out of pressure.
This was made to maintain the pressure game but not being totally polaziring to the side which is attacking.

Fatalities, brutalities, stage fatalities new stages made by great artists in

The music system plays out most of the Original Songs of Mortal Kombat, specially the greatest hits from MK1, to MKX, classics from Sega Genesis version of UMK3 and MK2, fan made music and fan made stages as well.

Roster
Chamaleon
Johnny Cage
Noob Saibot
Baraka
Cyrax
Li Mei
Super Sub-Zero (N64 version of classic Sub-Zero for MKT, has all regular and masked sub special moves, still in developement)
Sonya Blade
Raiden
Rain
Shang Tsung
Khameleon (Female version)
Sareena
Kitana
Kano
Scorpion
Sub-Zero (Unmasked)
Human Smoke
Human Cyrax
Liu Kang (MK1)
Reptile
Jax
Mileena
Skarlet
Sektor
Liu Kang
Jade
Kung Lao (MK2)
Sheeva
Tremor
Reiko
Kung Lao
Smoke
Triborg (Pretty much a Cyber Chameleon)
Nightwolf
Sindel
Ermac
Fujin
Tanya
Sub-Zero (Bi-han with all MK Mythologies abilities, including polar blast, power slide and freeze on contact)
Striker
Kabal
Drahmin
Hotaru
Quan Chi
Frost
Johnny Cage (MK2)
Jax (MK2)

Bosses
Goro
Kintaro
Motaro
Shao Kahn

Characters planned which may be in the final version of the game.
Jataaka (Currently in development)
Kia
Firegod
Shinnok

If you would like to see some early build playtest here it goes

Remember that this build had no snake jab rule enforcement yet neither it did aggressor system rules and juices, but it does now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jataaka is a character we started developing last year, she is a demon from netherrealm such as Sareena and Kia, but unfortunately Jataaka doesn't have much quality sprites available to be compatible with this mortal Kombat, so i met a friend who has skills with 3D programing and we modeled a 3D Jataaka based on her original MKMSZ costume, faced her to ressemble Erica Grace the original portrayer, and currently we're giving her all UMK3 and MKP animations while programing the character inside the game, Jataaka is being fully projected by me and is one of the fewers characters you won't see around the entire Mugen community before the CP build itself

Here is a test of compatibility in her alpha state

The mileena roll is just a place holder special for juggle testing, will be removed in the final version of the character, we have a lot of things planned for her moveset, since she will pretty much be the first counter hit based character inside an UMK3 engine, meaning Jataaka will have stances which is called mitsurugi (yeah that's intentional) with 3 different slashes, and 3 different counters, one for air normals, one for lows and one for mids normals, she can reflect projectiles and she can clone herself like noob saibot when applying some counters, proper introduction and playtest will be given to her on due time.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Nice.
Jataaka looks really good so far! It's cool to see the community bringing some of the more obscure characters to life.

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
yeah, sometimes is super tedious as well, coming up with ideas to implement and then to actual codding it in the game can be very annoying at times.

The Snake Jab system took a while to complete.
Yeah i bet. I haven't played a Mugen game for a long time, is there any chance for online play?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah i bet. I haven't played a Mugen game for a long time, is there any chance for online play?
Well there is Ikemen, but Ikemen is a new challenge and its fairly new to me as well, it has online support, so a netcode can be written for online gaming, and Ikemen itself is open source different from mugen which is not, so Ikemen has potential to be great one day since is written in Lua, there is a lot to learn about it, making a port there and lots of things, so far i feel like all these stuff are so far away.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Looks solid for a MUGEN project but not liking how low the damage is
Its not that they have low damage output, the health is a bit bigger than usual, the combos are huge and with aggressor you can get a lot of damage, so this way the matches last a little bit more in neutral rather than dying from 3 or 2 combos Ermac can put it on you.

So 20 to 25% damage is regular, 35 is beyond average.
Characters with 25% damage get to 35% with aggressor on, and characters with 30% can get to 45%

There is also the fact that some of these characters can start a combo from a throw like Cyrax, so i would be really unfair if he did 35% from a regular throw.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Well there is Ikemen, but Ikemen is a new challenge and its fairly new to me as well, it has online support, so a netcode can be written for online gaming, and Ikemen itself is open source different from mugen which is not, so Ikemen has potential to be great one day since is written in Lua, there is a lot to learn about it, making a port there and lots of things, so far i feel like all these stuff are so far away.
Just looked it up, this is AMAZING! We have to get people into this.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just looked it up, this is AMAZING! We have to get people into this.
Definitely, Ikemen is basically mugen with an open source development, i dunno in which version it currently goes and the things it does, so i'm learning mugen first before going into anything else, might switch to a new engine in the future.

Mugen itself is very limited and the way people built it will define a lot of things to be possible and not possible withing the engine.