What's new

Mortal Kombat Needs to Stop Dumbing down for sales.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Rant Thread...

Millions of people will buy it anyway because it's Mortal Kombat.

Whilst the Enhanced Move system is okay, it really annoys me that Pro Moves were scrapped because people could not do them because they were too hard to execute..... Called Pro Moves for a reason.

Meter Bar...... Should stop the build up of meter by repeating special moves. Spamming/Zoning/repeating special to build up meter teaches bad habits. Keep it so that you build up meter when you get hit. Doesn't have to mean from a full kombo, Block damage could build meter instead.

What I want is a more thought out way to have deep strategy. It should be that you are thinking about what your opponents options are. Far too many people lose because they only do one or two high damage kombos and repeat, INSTEAD of using Basics, quick thinking and good reflexes. Or Player X's bad habits were done to them Online, so they think that is the way it should be played and repeat. FAR too many people JIP to start EVERY KOMBO! BAD HABIT! Do they think about damage scaling? No. They want to be the first to get the kombo in, thus turning it into a race to see who JIP's first.

I want TAO FENG limb damage to be the next progression from MK costume damage.
Imagine Scorpion's arms get damaged from fighting so he cannot throw spears or teleport punch until he either uses his meter for X-Ray or to heal himself. It's called Strategy.

I agree with you , mostly about the pro moves I was sad when they removed them , But the limb damage part would be garbage.
It would completely eliminate comeback attempts making the game unfair

Matix218

Get over here!
I don't think the game is as dumbed down as you are making it seem. Mk9 reached a very high level of play by the end of its tournament life. While I agree about super high damage combos being a problem I am not concerned with "pro moves". If you want 1 frame links and dragon punch motions play a different game. The strategy and footsies/spacing were still very strong in mk9 imo.

I like the meter system in mk. If they had fixed kabal so he couldn't do iagb so rapidly to build meter it would have been fine. That was the only meter building issue imo.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
It's the video game industry. It's a business. They wouldn't release a product if they were certain it wouldn't sell. Are they supposed to make a game that only you and 5% of people would buy? lol. Casuals bring in the money. MK9 sold something close to 4 million right? How many of those were tournament players?

Rant Thread...

Millions of people will buy it anyway because it's Mortal Kombat.

Whilst the Enhanced Move system is okay, it really annoys me that Pro Moves were scrapped because people could not do them because they were too hard to execute..... Called Pro Moves for a reason.

Meter Bar...... Should stop the build up of meter by repeating special moves. Spamming/Zoning/repeating special to build up meter teaches bad habits. Keep it so that you build up meter when you get hit. Doesn't have to mean from a full kombo, Block damage could build meter instead.

What I want is a more thought out way to have deep strategy. It should be that you are thinking about what your opponents options are. Far too many people lose because they only do one or two high damage kombos and repeat, INSTEAD of using Basics, quick thinking and good reflexes. Or Player X's bad habits were done to them Online, so they think that is the way it should be played and repeat. FAR too many people JIP to start EVERY KOMBO! BAD HABIT! Do they think about damage scaling? No. They want to be the first to get the kombo in, thus turning it into a race to see who JIP's first.

I want TAO FENG limb damage to be the next progression from MK costume damage.
Imagine Scorpion's arms get damaged from fighting so he cannot throw spears or teleport punch until he either uses his meter for X-Ray or to heal himself. It's called Strategy.
ummm....nooooooooooooooooooooooo.......stay free

IIWade3II

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Lmao.my next door neighbour just stepped in a huge pile of dogshit and now I'm hiding behind the fence with my hand over my mouth trying not to burst out laughing.
Here's me thinking today was going to be bad.merry Christmas and happy new year u fat bastard,hope u enjoyed your Yuletide log.

Matix218

Get over here!
Pro Moves? What were those supposed to be? I never heard of 'em. :confused:
I assume they were going to be street fighter-like inputs for more difficult to execute special moves? (Like forward, down, diagonal df for a dragon punch etc)

Basically all this would really do in mk is make it so less people would use a pad and more would use a stick imo. This would have little to no affect on high level play because once the motions for the moves are learned they would not be difficult to execute (just like in sf)