What's new

Mortal Kombat Mythologies

I was just curious how many of us have played these before. I've played the Sub-Zero one for PSX, but I haven't played Special Forces (w/ Jax and Sonya, I believe). I gotta say, and lame as it might be, I still love the SZ one.

krsx

Noob
I love MKM:SZ, my fave MK game.

As for Special Forces, I've never played it, but from the looks of it, that's probably a good thing.

The only Spin off I ever played Was Shoalin Monks(which was fun). I think when I was younger I remember my cousin having The Sub Zero One but I never played it.

i wanted mythologies since i heared of it existing about a year ago (bit late i no) and its supposed to be the same sprites and moves from umk3
does any one no were i can find it for ps1

i have to hurry up thow bcoz its lucky to find x box stuff now but its a little easier to find ps1

if you can please explain this aswell

i cant buy things off the internet (no card)
and i still have to find the old ps 1 from the cupboard at my nannas
other than that im fine
might find it at cash converters or game / station

Kaiba

Noob
As far as not having a card you can always do Money order or something. The game itself was quite fun to play. Special Forces kinda sucked bad.

I played sub zero a little when a long time ago, from what I remember it wasn't that great. Although I'd love to play it again to refresh my memory.

Raditz

Noob
I played through MKSF to the bitter end, and whilst I can safely say the ending was awesome, it didn't make up for the hours spent finishing it. It's nowhere near as horrible as the anti-MK gaming media would have you believe. It's just a bog-standard no frills adventure game with vaguely MK style kombos. It's kind of fun to dick around with if you can find it on the cheap (or the DownLow hint hint). Sonya isn't in it, btw, but Kano is. It isn't particularly hard to finish either, but there's just one scrotum-tearing part that took ages.

I actually enjoyed Mortal Kombat: Mythologies, but that could be due to that I am fascinated with SubZero to begin with and the challenge that it provided. I never played Special Forces though.

I really enjoyed Shaolin Monks a lot too. I hope they make a sequel for that as it was alot of fun especially if you play with a friend in coop.

Boostjunkie said:
I really enjoyed Shaolin Monks a lot too. I hope they make a sequel for that as it was alot of fun especially if you play with a friend in coop.
I Agree. I played through it with my Cousin, and it was a blast.

I played through the Subzero 64 game and i thought it was pretty fun. Shaolin Monks had awesome coop but if they make a sequel, it needs online coop.

T

TempesT

Shaolin Monk was VERY fun... the first time through... there wasnt too much incentive to try beat it again (besides the option as playing as Scorpion and Sub-Zero)

T

TempesT

Scheisse said:
I liked mythologies and I loved Shaolin Monks. I beat that game like 6 times.
But you are right, I would love to see an online co-op option for it. Not to mention different storyline for sub and scorp or whoever is next if they decide to make another one.

I thought that was the corniest damn thing ever playing as sub zero and having all of the other characters call you liu kang during the cinemas.
And it would've been nice if they had a few more fatalities for us to mess around with. :roll:

T

TempesT

More fatalities as in more for Sub-Zero and Scorpion.... its no fun going through the entire game with only 2 or 3 fatalities... :p

TempesT said:
More fatalities as in more for Sub-Zero and Scorpion.... its no fun going through the entire game with only 2 or 3 fatalities... :p
It really wasn't fair how scorpion only had two fatalities, but overall, you are right it wasn't fun doing the same fatalities, but their fighting moves were more fun to combo with. also the same could go for baraka, kitana, reptile, and cage.

I enjoyed Shaolin Monks everytime I played it, I also get a real kick out of versus mode too. To me it was more entertaining than the current 3D games. It had more enviromental hazards than the death traps in the 3D MK games which made it more of a challenge. It's fun!