What's new

Mortal Kombat movie - Confirmed in Development

The topic of a new Mortal Kombat movie has been quiet for quite some time now. Between rumors of a Mortal Kombat movie finally being developed after Kevin Tancharoen's successful web-series; the topic of a third official film have been dead in the water until recent rumors.

According to ComingSoon.net, James Wan, director of Furious 7 and The Conjuring, is set to produce the next Mortal Kombat film. Reportedly, James Wan will produce under New Line Cinema and Broken Road's Mortal Kombat. Continue reading the full story here.

jameswan.jpg

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
They are making an Aquaman movie??? Surely a troll... unless WB and the production company suddenly loves losing money!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I actually love the James wan pick

I despise Paul w Anderson (USA's Uwe Boll ) so this is way better

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Paul did good with mk movie, it was the second that sucked.

At any rate would have preferred Snyder to do no for few reasons but this guy isn't bad.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Will pig star as Kenshi? It would be kinda crappy but hilarious if we had the top players of their respective characters starring in an mk movie. Imagine that... Sonic fox as erron black makes me laugh so hard. It would be brilliant if not cheesy.

ErMac333

Noob
Since it's a movie and it's a very short time to fit everything in from a certain title, I wish instead of an adaptation it was like the komics, something transmedia like Matrix, completing the story as a whole between game, komic and movie.

But as @DrFolmer said, I'd be MUCH MUCH happier with an anime, can fit much more information and a proper adaptation to follow exactly like the game, maybe even in more detail.

ErMac333

Noob
Based off of the early synopsis, I wonder if the movie might be about the Great Kung Lao
Yes, would be a lot interesting, but would be impossible to avoid inconsistency. I mean, if they're gonna do an MK movie, it should be granted that Sub Zero and Scorpion would appear, and as we all know, that doesn't quite exist 500 hundred years before MK1, only in MK Conquest.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Yes, would be a lot interesting, but would be impossible to avoid inconsistency. I mean, if they're gonna do an MK movie, it should be granted that Sub Zero and Scorpion would appear, and as we all know, that doesn't quite exist 500 hundred years before MK1, only in MK Conquest.
True. I would have loved for that be made into a movie.
Honestly I always had an idea for an MK TV show that either revolved around the Great Kung Lao or Takeda, as he leaves the Lin Kuei and him creating the Shirai Ryu

Those would make a great series on HBO or Netflix

ErMac333

Noob
True. I would have loved for that be made into a movie.
Honestly I always had an idea for an MK TV show that either revolved around the Great Kung Lao or Takeda, as he leaves the Lin Kuei and him creating the Shirai Ryu

Those would make a great series on HBO or Netflix
Totally! They should try and make the transmedia approach even more broad with series, as long as they value consistency like Kittelsen is trying hard to keep in the komics. There are even some kharacters that could be used in case of a Great Kung Lao or Takeda scenario, like Vorpax, now that Kittelsen made the Kreeya canon in the komics, would be possible... They could also explore the invasion of Osh-Tekk which is not accurately tied to a particular time right now. Many possibilities to approach all of the MK lore including all-new kharacters like Kotal and D'Vorah with their longer lifes. Edenia invasion, Sindel's suicide, lots of possibilities.