What's new

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Trailer

Hype!

Check out this first official trailer for the Scorpion's Revenge animated movie. This is set for a release date of Spring 2020. More details below!

The beloved Mortal Kombat video game franchise is getting the animated treatment with Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, and IGN is exclusively debuting the first trailer for the Mortal Kombat animated movie. The synopsis for Scorpion’s Revenge reads: “Based on the worldwide hit game created by Ed Boon & John Tobias, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge spotlights the once-in-a-generation tournament between the champions of Outworld and Earthrealm - a competition that will ultimately determine the fate of Earth and all its citizens. Lord Raiden, protector of Earthrealm, must gather the greatest fighters of his realm to defend it from the evil Shang Tsung in the battle to end all battles - Mortal Kombat!”

As showcased in the Mortal Kombat animated movie trailer, Scorpion’s Revenge stars Joel McHale as Johnny Cage, Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade, Jordan Rodrigues as Scorpion & Hanzo Hasashi, Steve Blum as Sub-Zero, Artt Butler as Shang Tsung, Darin De Paul as Quan Chi, Robin Atkin Downes as Kano, David B. Mitchell as Raiden, Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs, Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro, Grey Griffin as Kitana & Satoshi Hasashi, and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer. Batman: Assault of Arkham’s Ethan Spaulding is directing Scorpion’s Revenge and Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans’ Jeremy Adams wrote the script. The release date for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge is Spring 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Man some of y'all saying this animation looks cheap? I'm guessing you haven't seen REAL cheap animation, like the rebooted Sailor Moon series lmao. It's a different style and more cartoony, kinda gives a Ninja Turtles vibe, but it looks good.
It doesn’t look cheap but generic, like you couldn’t place what Animation House would be behind this because it looks like every direct to video western production. Theirs nothing that can separate this from say the Dead Space or the last couple super mid DC Animated movies.

MK lore sucks anyways, there are pre established jobbers like reptile and baraka and that's just how it is. Stop thinking logically cause it will hurt your brain, the bad guys in X 11 are just comically incompetent
MK lore is the best of all fighting games and it's a well known fact, because they actually give a proper screen time for every character and they truly respect the characters, and the story can lead to several directions and in such a captivating manner.

And your sole reason for it not being good is so god damn flawed. This logic of "only the things I see in my own eyes at that very moment paint the whole picture" is just bonkers. Of course you won't see the villains win for the majority in the story mode matches, as NRS story modes always put the focus on the protagonists for the most part, and that's why you get to play as the heroes for the majority of the story unless it's someone like Scorpion (when he was evil) or D'Vorah. The quantity of matches that they win or loss at those very specific moments doesn't indicate anything about them, and sure as hell not for the overall lore. And of course, as I've said in the past, Reptile beat Cyrax in the original timeline. So just because you didn't see it in a cutscene in a modern NRS game, that win doesn't count and Reptile must be a jobber? I'm sorry but again, that's just extremely flawed. Oh and the chapter in the MKX comic focuses on the same matches that Reptile had in the MK9 story mode, it doesn't actually add anything up, and the "over and over again" line was just an exaggeration that was made on purpose for story purposes.

And it's not like the IJ series has more playable villains that win matches either. Other then Joker in IJ1 and Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Black Adam and Cyborg (as with the IJ universe) in IJ2, the vast majority of characters that are playable in the story modes, and therefore winning, are the heroes. So any other DC villain on the IJ games rosters like Poison Ivy or Scarecrow, who you don't get to play as and therefore not see them win, is a jobber regardless of their history in comics and other media? I mean, that's what you're saying, basically.

Every single other fighting game has lesser lore in every way. And it's not just because of the story alone, but also because they truly don't appreciate the characters by not giving some of the core roster characters, if not even the majority of them, any time screen at all, as you can see in games like DBFZ or SC5, and when they do try to do so, they're still bad due to the story itself, the quantity of matches that the characters actually participate in (regardless if you play as them or fight against them), the endings that they get etc ; , such as Tekken ans SF.

So again, MK has the best lore of them all from all aspects. FACTS.

Last edited:
I'm excited for this, didn't expect an R rating but am so glad they did. As others have said tho the animation does look cheap, hoping thats not an indicator that they skimped on the writing as well. Also glad they didn't show to much in the trailer, especially the violence.

Would absolutely love it if they made well rounded characters and and didn't turn all bad guys to jobbers like MK9 story mode, but I'm not expecting much. I just hope the bad characters do something cool before they die. And I don't think this will be the start of a series, I predict characters will die and the story will have an ending.

Still more hype for this than the movie.

I love DC's animated movies, but I'm disappointed too by the art style they went with. It looks like a Saturday morning cartoon
Saturday morning cartoons are awesome. Or at least they were in the 80s and 90's to early 2000's. Now days probably not so much but, still looks awesome.

B

ut at the end of MK11 he stormed the place without the amulet AND beat Liu Kang who DOUBLED his powers ON HIS TURF. That’s ridiculous.
That too, I think Raiden just said he had enough lol. That and it was LK he didn't want to fight him because he knew of past timelines what happened so he just beat him but didn't actually kill him, then decided to turn LK into a God of Thunder and Fire by merging with him/passing on his powers within LK. And what Raiden and LK were able to do together was pretty badass.

MK lore is the best of all fighting games and it's a well known fact, because they actually give a proper screen time for every character and they truly respect the characters, and the story can lead to several directions and in such a captivating manner.

And your sole reason for it not being good is so god damn flawed. This logic of "only the things I see in my own eyes at that very moment paint the whole picture" is just bonkers. Of course you won't see the villains win for the majority in the story mode matches, as NRS story modes always put the focus on the protagonists for the most part, and that's why you get to play as the heroes for the majority of the story unless it's someone like Scorpion (when he was evil) or D'Vorah. The quantity of matches that they win or loss at those very specific moments doesn't indicate anything about them, and sure as hell not for the overall lore. And of course, as I've said in the past, Reptile beat Cyrax in the original timeline. So just because you didn't see it in a cutscene in a modern NRS game, that win doesn't count and Reptile must be a jobber? I'm sorry but again, that's just extremely flawed. Oh and the chapter in the MKX comic focuses on the same matches that Reptile had in the MK9 story mode, it doesn't actually add anything up, and the "over and over again" line was just an exaggeration that was made on purpose for story purposes.

And it's not like the IJ series has more playable villains that win matches either. Other then Joker in IJ1 and Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Black Adam and Cyborg (as with the IJ universe) in IJ2, the vast majority of characters that are playable in the story modes, and therefore winning, are the heroes. So any other DC villain on the IJ games rosters like Poison Ivy or Scarecrow, who you don't get to play as and therefore not see them win, is a jobber regardless of their history in comics and other media? I mean, that's what you're saying, basically.

Every single other fighting game has lesser lore in every way. And it's not just because of the story alone, but also because they truly don't appreciate the characters by not giving some of the core roster characters, if not even the majority of them, any time screen at all, as you can see in games like DBFZ or SC5, and when they do try to do so, they're still bad due to the story itself, the quantity of matches that the characters actually participate in (regardless if you play as them or fight against them), the endings that they get etc ; , such as Tekken ans SF.

So again, MK has the best lore of them all from all aspects. FACTS.
Actually that is an opinion. I do like MK. Obviously. I'm on TYM. Sorry I insulted Reptile. The story is still terrible and full of inconsistencies.

Actually that is an opinion. I do like MK. Obviously. I'm on TYM. Sorry I insulted Reptile. The story is still terrible and full of inconsistencies.
Very mature out of you. And just because it is an "opinion" that doesn't mean it's true by the slightest, not regarding the overall lore or any character specifically. MK's story is amazing and the best in the whole genre and is one of the best stories in all of video games overall. And yes there are VERY FEW inconsistencies, but every video game story has that, and they are very far and few between in MK. That is still the best of them all, and that's not an opinion dude, that's a fact.

Very mature out of you. And just because it is an "opinion" that doesn't mean it's true by the slightest, not regarding the overall lore or any character specifically. MK's story is amazing and the best in the whole genre and is one of the best stories in all of video games overall. And yes there are VERY FEW inconsistencies, but every video game story has that, and they are very far and few between in MK. That is still the best of them all, and that's not an opinion dude, that's a fact.
It's still an opinion, I dont think you're getting this. Words like "best" are subjective. I think MK's story and all other fighting game stories has always sucked and made absolutely no sense in terms of the character power levels. But I enjoy the characters and games for many other reasons. While certainly not being a fact, for my tastes, I cannot put MK's story in the level of being one of the best in all video games. The Witcher series, The Last of Us, Bioshock 1 and Infinite, Uncharted series, Arkham series, etc exist. But once again that is just my OPINION so I dont mean to discredit yours.

Do i really need to point out the irony of you calling me immature when you write out your manifesto to anyone who's OPINION happens to be at all critical or MK lore, then cap it off with "FACTS"

It's still an opinion, I dont think you're getting this. Words like "best" are subjective. I think MK's story and all other fighting game stories has always sucked and made absolutely no sense in terms of the character power levels. But I enjoy the characters and games for many other reasons. While certainly not being a fact, for my tastes, I cannot put MK's story in the level of being one of the best in all video games. The Witcher series, The Last of Us, Bioshock 1 and Infinite, Uncharted series, Arkham series, etc exist. But once again that is just my OPINION so I dont mean to discredit yours.

Do i really need to point out the irony of you calling me immature when you write out your manifesto to anyone who's OPINION happens to be at all critical or MK lore, then cap it off with "FACTS"
That's because I don't go by my personal opinions or preferences at every single moment. Unlike some people, I don't mask actual objective facts with the term "opinion" to excuse statements that are just out of reality, especially if they say them for the sake of personal comfort alone. There is a time and place for everything, and so is when I can give my opinion and/or preference on something, and when something is an objective fact that needs to be stated. That's not me disrespecting people, that's me just going by the reality. Just because that's not what you wanna here, that doesn't make it not true.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences, but people also need to acknowledged the facts. And the fact is, while fighting game stories of other franchises are indeed bad unless you wanna talk about specific games in such franchises (SC6 for example actually did there retcon very good. Yes the visuals were mediocre at best but the plot itself was great), Mortal Kombat and Injustice had constantly did the best job of them all across the entire series and it's story is on the same level as the other best stories of other video game genres, and especially MK.

I personally prefer Reptile over all fighting game characters, that's my preference, and I think that all NRS games should include the intractables in their games from now on, that's my opinion. But I also can't deny that MK is the biggest fighting game series of all time, and it's lore is the best in the entire genre and one of the best in all of gaming. That is a fact.

Again, there is a time and place for everything.

That's because I don't go by my personal opinions or preferences at every single moment. Unlike some people, I don't mask actual objective facts with the term "opinion" to excuse statements that are just out of reality, especially if they say them for the sake of personal comfort alone. There is a time and place for everything, and so is when I can give my opinion and/or preference on something, and when something is an objective fact that needs to be stated. That's not me disrespecting people, that's me just going by the reality. Just because that's not what you wanna here, that doesn't make it not true.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences, but people also need to acknowledged the facts. And the fact is, while fighting game stories of other franchises are indeed bad unless you wanna talk about specific games in such franchises (SC6 for example actually did there retcon very good. Yes the visuals were mediocre at best but the plot itself was great), Mortal Kombat and Injustice had constantly did the best job of them all across the entire series and it's story is on the same level as the other best stories of other video game genres, and especially MK.

I personally prefer Reptile over all fighting game characters, that's my preference, and I think that all NRS games should include the intractables in their games from now on, that's my opinion. But I also can't deny that MK is the biggest fighting game series of all time, and it's lore is the best in the entire genre and one of the best in all of gaming. That is a fact.

Again, there is a time and place for everything.
I do agree that MK has the best lore for fighting games, just that I don't take it seriously at all, and don't put it on the same level as the games I mentioned above. And yeah man I totally love a few of the characters! Despite not being engaged in the story at all, I do think the Kuai Liang Sub-Zero is very well developed. I have associated a lot of good feelings and memories to playing and learning the character in these games.

Is that a Journey begins remake ? What have we done to deserve this ?

Meh, the story can only be better than the one we got with MK11.

I do agree that MK has the best lore for fighting games, just that I don't take it seriously at all, and don't put it on the same level as the games I mentioned above. And yeah man I totally love a few of the characters! Despite not being engaged in the story at all, I do think the Kuai Liang Sub-Zero is very well developed. I have associated a lot of good feelings and memories to playing and learning the character in these games.
Well it is something that should be taken seriously and it is on the same level as other amazing video game stories. And yes Kuai Liang Sub-Zero is indeed well developed, had a lot of fun playing him in IJ2 myself.

Last edited:

Don't even try calling this guy on his bullshit, he won't stop.