What's new

'Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge' animated movie announced

From the article:

"A new group of Kombatants are assembling. Warner Bros. Animation is plotting an animated movie based on the fighting video game Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge. Community alum Joel McHale will voice Johnny Cage, while Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter will voice star as Sonya Blade in Scorpion’s Revenge, which will debut in the first half of this year.

Scorpion’s Revenge is directed by Ethan Spaulding (Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans) based on the video game by Ed Boon and John Tobias.

The voice cast also includes Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang; Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi; Steve Blum as Sub-Zero; Artt Butler as Shang Tsung; Darin De Paul as Quan Chi; Robin Atkin Downes as Kano; David B. Mitchell as Raiden; Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs; Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro; Grey Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi; and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer.

Rick Morales (Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Batman vs. Two-Face) is producer and Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is co-producer. The executive producer is Sam Register. NetherRealms' Ed Boon is creative consultant.

Here's the first logo for the animated movie:"

'Scorpion's Revenge' will debut in the first half of 2020!

Last edited:

Comments

Ehh I am not sure about an MK anime, if it's too Japanese looking wouldn't feel like MK. The fact that DC Animation people are working on it means it'll be good regardless of style but I prefer Red Hood or Crisis on Two Earth's looking style. Can't wait to see how bloody and brutal it'll be yes!!!

Also, fun fact guys since nobody else caught it. Michael Richardson also voiced Goro in the first MK movie so that's pretty dope that he's voicing him again.

View attachment 16460

It doesn't matter how good the costumes look ingame or in concept. This shit looks goofy irl. Big ass masks that jiggle when they fight
I've never seen anything jiggle other than chicks boobies during certain fighting sequences. I have seen those cheesy weapons in PR that are supposed to be metal weapons bend in some scenes since they're just rubber foam.

Sorry, but This looks way cooler than ...

THIS cheesy crap lol....not even remotely comparable.

What the hell is that last one supposed to be? lol and those weapons literally look like giant nerf toys you see in Target or Toys R' US.... :D

Last edited:
To match the realistic style of the game...maybe they should just go for 3D animation? They already have the 3D characters assets available. It could look like that game awards reveal trailer quality.

Hey now, don't you go and trash Power Rangers, that shit was amazing when I was a kid.
No worries lol I did too, but it had it's cheesy moments but I used to watch the first few series. Besides, I watched TMNT live show which was also incredibly cheesy lol

Scorpion became an amazing character through the years. A true mk Icon.

I just hope this new story won't mess the plot further.
Not just an MK icon a video game and pop culture icon. I think everyone knows who Scorpion is by now, you know? Whenever I mention MK to someone who doesn't play it but has heard of it always goes "ohh yeah MK GET OVER HERE!!! and the dude who freezes people"! lol

Last edited:
Not just an MK icon a video game and pop culture icon. I think everyone knows who Scorpion is by now, you know? Whenever I mention MK to someone who doesn't play it but has heard of it always goes "ohh yeah MK GET OVER HERE!!! and the dude who freezes people"! lol
Aside from these 2, mk has at least 10 more equally great characters. I wish the devs put more of their talent and energy in the actual identity of Mk.

Aside from these 2, mk has at least 10 more equally great characters. I wish the devs put more of their talent and energy in the actual identity of Mk.
Oh I agree like Raiden everyone knows as well and most of the ninjas. But yeah I definitely agree more people need to get showcased.

Oh I agree like Raiden everyone knows as well and most of the ninjas. But yeah I definitely agree more people need to get showcased.
Not necessarily showcased, just amplify and focus on what makes these characters special.
Mk11 elevated some people but distorted the identity of others.

I’ve been wishing they’d go this route for the art style in an MK game for years now, ever since the comics started, so I’m on board af since this seems like a step closer.

I'm surprised Ed said "I think they went too far" what? You're the director of MK dude you on something? lol Ed getting soft in his older years. Couldn't be happier with the violence. :D

I did a frame by frame analysis of the Red Band Trailer. Let me know what you think, i also talk about that apparent Liu Kang death in the trailer and how it is pretty much a misdirection.