What's new

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition - TV Spot

Garasky

Noob
Whats actually in it?

I really thought this would be there time to put more DLC in the game as NRS said "we will keep making DLC if enough people want it", and that hasn't been the case.

Also, for the vita, it gets 16 skins, and even though there will be a "brand new" komplete edition, it will not feature these skins, they most likely be purchasable through the online stores.

So, sorry to be a kill joy, but I don't quite understand what NRS are really doing here with the new release. Some people have said, it will encourage new players to pick it up...how? How does this version inspire someone new to pick the game up that the current copy doesnt inspire?

I don't understand this new release at all, there is nothing new except the DLC on disk. They had time to decide on a new "komplete edition" but not actually have a new fix out in time to go with it, which brings me to another point, if komplete the edition comes out without Paulo's new patch, then you will need to download a patch for a "komplete edition"...Huh?!?!?
I agree with you 100% ... this is nothing more than a re-release of the same thing. Throw in a c-rated movie doesn't help either.

Garasky

Noob
I'm thinking of getting this, purely so i can give my old copy away. Then i'll actually have someone to play it with.

But what do we all think is gonna happen with the trophies/achievments? Will i have to get them all again? If so, fuck that. I still can't get the Turtle or the I'm Not Dead yet ones
Interesting point ... I have SF4 and SF:AE and they have diff sets of achievements I believe.

Garasky

Noob
This is NRS's way to make some quick bucks i guess ... hoping ppl who haven't purchase the game yet will because they see Freddy Kruger on the box cover and go wheeeeee I need to have dat!

But if this release does bring more players online then a lot of us can benefit from that.

The only thing that sucks is that this almost certainly means there won't be any type of "UMK9" down the road...I really don't see them releasing 3 retail versions of MK9.

anyone managed to get the game yet? Id like to know if the selection screen is the same or not, and wich dlc contents exactly are in the game