What's new

Question Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Online Problem?

coolwhip

Noob
Hey guys,

First of all, apologies if this isn't the place to post this. But anyway, I managed to get a really cheap copy of MK Komplete Edition and figured I'd try it out. Anyway, for whatever reason, when I played online, I couldn't play with friends that I used to play on my previous copy of MK, and I got a message telling me to "insert Mortal Kombat CD" which was quite weird, given that I was under the impression that you can play online with owners of the original version of MK.

Any help?

AssassiN

Noob
Hey guys,

First of all, apologies if this isn't the place to post this. But anyway, I managed to get a really cheap copy of MK Komplete Edition and figured I'd try it out. Anyway, for whatever reason, when I played online, I couldn't play with friends that I used to play on my previous copy of MK, and I got a message telling me to "insert Mortal Kombat CD" which was quite weird, given that I was under the impression that you can play online with owners of the original version of MK.

Any help?
You got a DVD from a different region.
PS3 version is region locked, you need a NTSC copy to play with American players and PAL copy to play with EU players.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ouch.. Sounds like the wrong region. It was probably cheap because it's from another area.

coolwhip

Noob
Wait, if this is actually true, then it's the best peace of business I've unintentionally done, as I would be able to play with my American friends! I hope you guys haven't given me false hopes, lol.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Wait, if this is actually true, then it's the best peace of business I've unintentionally done, as I would be able to play with my American friends! I hope you guys haven't given me false hopes, lol.
Yes, you will play with your friends in Lag Kombat!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I just want you to know that if I see you online, I'm beating you up. Mostly because of Bird Lao :p

coolwhip

Noob
I just want you to know that if I see you online, I'm beating you up. Mostly because of Bird Lao :p
LOL, who do you play? If it does end up being an American version of the game we're surely playing. Although I'll have you know I live in the Middle East, so good luck not raging at our connection... Bird Lao + Lag = OP!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Problem is, since the PS3 version's netcode is region locked and wasn't designed with intercontinental matchmaking in mind, I assume it'd be borderline unplayable. Remember Madzin in that pre-MLG tourney? lol

coolwhip

Noob
Problem is, since the PS3 version's netcode is region locked and wasn't designed with intercontinental matchmaking in mind, I assume it'd be borderline unplayable. Remember Madzin in that pre-MLG tourney? lol
I know not what you speak of. I'm sure Madzin would have owned Marvaz...erm...REO just as hard offline. #Kappa