What's new

Mortal Kombat @ Evo 2011

AC1984

Kaballin!
I already discussed the vacation plans with my Sister and it looks like I'll be at EVO 2011 if there is UMK3 and MK9.

Tim Static

Adminerator
(taken from TYM via SRK)

So, will MK9 be selected for Evo 2011? Find out this Wednesday morning!!

SRK said:
In what is becoming a yearly tradition, Shoryuken.com's official podcast, Wakeup, Shoryuken, will be going live to host the announcement of the Evo 2011 game list! You won't want to miss this, as not only will it be the first place to hear which games made the cut this year, but you'll also be able to submit live questions to the Evo staff. This is the only place to get all the information you want on the world's greatest fighting game event.

Stay tuned to SRK to find out how to listen. The show starts at 9:30pm EST, or 6:30pm PST, on Wednesday, January 26th. Make your guesses at this year's lineup in the comments!

NoDoubt

nasty
ZAQ said:
(500 * $10) * .7 =
1: 3500 - 70%
2: 1000 - 20%
3: 500 - 10%

There were over 500 players, so more than that actually.

oh nice, cant wait. i bet the trophy is gonna look dope too

btbb99

Noob
perfect legend won 3500? thats a nice paycheck for playing a video game, don't know the guy but good for him. he must be feeling pretty damn good right about now lol

Anybody still watchin? Daigo just got eliminated by Latif which knocks him out of the top three for AE, and Latif is the last USA guy in the tourny.

I used to be a Daigo fan, especially after the whole Third Strike thing happened. But then I noticed that he only picks the most top tier character in every game he plays... I don't know, something about that just seems cheesy to me. Everybody knows AE's top guy is Yun, the top four players are Crimson Viper, Seth, Feilong and Yun. Guess who Daigo was? ::)

Edit- Latif just took at least second place as I was typing this, going up against Food in the grand finals. GO USA!

btbb99

Noob
that is fucking cool as hell, dude doesn't look all that happy for being the champ and winning 3500 lol. i wish i could have just been there to watch, offline tourney are the shit

btbb99

Noob
hey schiess, do you or anyone else know what big name mk9 players will be at summerjam in philly august 27th? i barely play mk9 but i'm looking forward to watching it in person being played at a high level

btbb99

Noob
ZAQ said:
He's always like that lol. You should have seen him when he won, he was fighting back his tears and I can't blame him. He's the first player to win an EVO main MK tourney.

I'm not really sure about who will all be playing MK9 at SummerJam at the moment. I hope it gets a great turnout after this.
it had to be an incredible feeling beating out over 500 players to be the champ, and the 3,500 is a heck of a bonus to go with that, i think i would have been fighting back tears myself. that belt is sick and it's something that can never be takin away. yeah i'm really looking forward to watching mk9 at summerjam, it's going to be interesting