What's new

Mortal Kombat Demo is LIVE for PSN+ Members!

Available to PS+ members on Tuesday the 8th of March. It will be available to everyone else 1 week later, 15th of March.

There will be an XBL demo although awaiting date confirmation.

"Battle your way through this fighting adventure and experience the joy of the once-controversial, uber-gorey fatalities. The Mortal Kombat demo will also be offered as an Auto Download, so PlayStation Plus subscribers should have their automatic download feature turned on.
The demo includes four playable characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena, along with their Fatalities and X-Ray Attacks; two environments: The Pit and The Living Forest; single player and one-on-one versus modes; and stereoscopic 3D support."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/03/coming-to-playstation-plus-exclusive-mortal-kombat-demo-psn-gamers-choice-award-winners-and-prince-of-persia-full-game-trial/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Mortal Kombat Demo - Tuesday 8th of March 2011

IceyTruth said:
Available to PS+ members on Tuesday the 8th of March. It will be available to everyone else 1 week later, 15th of March.

There will be an XBL demo although awaiting date confirmation.

"Battle your way through this fighting adventure and experience the joy of the once-controversial, uber-gorey fatalities. The Mortal Kombat demo will also be offered as an Auto Download, so PlayStation Plus subscribers should have their automatic download feature turned on.
The demo includes four playable characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena, along with their Fatalities and X-Ray Attacks; two environments: The Pit and The Living Forest; single player and one-on-one versus modes; and stereoscopic 3D support."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/03/coming-to-playstation-plus-exclusive-mortal-kombat-demo-psn-gamers-choice-award-winners-and-prince-of-persia-full-game-trial/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Fuckin' A. Great way to start my day. Fingers crossed 1 v 1 is online enabled.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

looks like i have to break out the old ps3 and dust it off for this one

btbb99

Noob

this would be a great way for sony to swindle me into becoming a psn plus member but i dont play enough games to spend 50 to be a plus member

btbb99 said:
this would be a great way for sony to swindle me into becoming a psn plus member but i dont play enough games to spend 50 to be a plus member
You can get a three month plan for 15 or so USD via a physical card at Gamestop/WalMart/Target/etc...not sure if that changes your mind. For one week less of a wait, still seems steep.

Warrior

Rain.Dog505 said:
You can get a three month plan for 15 or so USD via a physical card at Gamestop/WalMart/Target/etc...not sure if that changes your mind. For one week less of a wait, still seems steep.
Don't care... gonna get the PSN+ acct for this one... just the 3 months... nothing more... I'll get a few free games with it too... so I don't mind.

9.95 said:
Don't care... gonna get the PSN+ acct for this one... just the 3 months... nothing more... I'll get a few free games with it too... so I don't mind.
I've been considering doing the same. There are some pretty sweet games that you can get for free with PS+, which would make the initial money spent a bit more justifiable!

dubson

Dojo Trainee

IceyTruth said:
I've been considering doing the same. There are some pretty sweet games that you can get for free with PS+, which would make the initial money spent a bit more justifiable!
which good games do u get for free?

i just wanna know if its worth it, im usually pretty patient but i havent been this excited for a game in a long time

dubson said:
which good games do u get for free?

i just wanna know if its worth it, im usually pretty patient but i havent been this excited for a game in a long time
I haven't been on recently and I know that the Euro and US PSN stores have different contents. I know they released loads of classic PS1 games in recent times. They don't just give u random games, they release lots onto the PSN store and you can just pick the ones you would like. You also get discount on most stuff on the store.

I suggest going on the store and seeing what they have. If they have nothing you want then it probs isn't worth doing.

IceyTruth said:
I haven't been on recently and I know that the Euro and US PSN stores have different contents. I know they released loads of classic PS1 games in recent times. They don't just give u random games, they release lots onto the PSN store and you can just pick the ones you would like. You also get discount on most stuff on the store.

I suggest going on the store and seeing what they have. If they have nothing you want then it probs isn't worth doing.
The availably of the "free" games also changes every PSN store update (weekly...I think). Sadly, if you join now you do NOT get all the previous free titles from months ago.

btbb99

Noob

Rain.Dog505 said:
thanks for the info man, yeah 15 dollars is much better then 50. i will most likely do it now. although i hope to get something else i like out of the deal other then the early demo. come to think of it as long as i dont hate the game so much that i cancel the preorder will make me happy lol

I don't think I could hack all you fuckers getting PS+ and talking about the game on here a week before me! I'd have to get PS+ in that case!

btbb99

Noob

IceyTruth said:
I don't think I could hack all you fuckers getting PS+ and talking about the game on here a week before me! I'd have to get PS+ in that case!

lol i was thinking the same thing

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

someone should get ps+ then give me ur email and pass so i can dl the demo......not happening but its worth askin

Im ready. taking tomorrow and wed off of work to play. cant fucking wait

golden, maybe i can assist you in getting the demo.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator

im not sure if you can game share w/ PSN+. can anyone confirm either way?

Tim Static said:
im not sure if you can game share w/ PSN+. can anyone confirm either way?
I am aware that you need to have an active PSN+ membership in order to play whatever games you download for "free". Meaning, the second you stop paying Sony for the premium membership, you loss all your member-free downloads. So i doubt gameshare will work...unless you plan on splitting a membership which would only allow one person to be signed on at a time.

I'll be attempting game share for this (my mate has PS+). UK players though don't get the demo till wednesday so I can't test it until then!

He Is Close

The Puppet Master

Got my 3month psn+ for tomorrow. DO YOU? 8)

PSN: He_is_Close

He Is Close said:
Got my 3month psn+ for tomorrow. DO YOU? 8)

PSN: He_is_Close
im getting mine today, how much was it?

wow, this is crazy, because of the psn+ bullshit it doesnt look like too many of us will be playing tomorrow.

heisclose, send me a friend request "dookiebrain" so we can play/practice/whatever, btbb will be joining us.

i got 2 days off for this crap,lol

Gematria

Noob

dookiebrain said:
im getting mine today, how much was it?

wow, this is crazy, because of the psn+ bullshit it doesnt look like too many of us will be playing tomorrow.

heisclose, send me a friend request "dookiebrain" so we can play/practice/whatever, btbb will be joining us.

i got 2 days off for this crap,lol
PSN plus is $17.99 I looked last night. I really dont see wasting damn near $20 to play this demo a weak early when i could put that money towards the actual game, but we'll see if I can hold out lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator

there is no online for this demo that im aware of...

tick tock tick tock.

here we fucking go, no demo yet, good god i swear.

dookiebrain said:
tick tock tick tock.

here we fucking go, no demo yet, good god i swear.
PSN usually updates around 1700-1800 CST. Still have an hour or two. Not sure if the updates are nationwide or roll out in individual time zones at 1700.