What's new

Video/Tutorial Mortal Kombat 9: Sub Zero in-Depth Beginner's Guide

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter

Hey, guys. I just uploaded this beginner's guide for Sub-Zero. More than likely, you know everything I explain in this video. But, I was just wondering if you were new to Sub-Zero (or MK9), do you think this video would be worth watching? I put a lot of time and effort into this, so if this is all just crap knowledge, I'd rather not waste my/your time with an intermediate and expert guide.

So, long-story-short, whadaya think? =D

Enenra

Go to hell.
It would have helped me out a lot back in the day, good stuff. Looking forward to more advanced guides.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Well Hell YEAH It Would Help!!! I am learning him right now and some of the basics you just showed me is going to really help me out big time!!! The difference between your tutorial and others( no offense) is that you taught right to the basics. Pros and cons mean a lot in what situations online and off. Why go off and say it is a beginners give to so many people and then start of with a long string combo with strict timing and then a vague discretion of how to do it when most of the people on line don't most of what they are talking about.

I really liked your tutorial and a wait in anticipation of more vids and more explanations please don't stop your hard work will pay off while I practice to get better with the ice man.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
Ah, Frick. Thanks for the info. I'm still kinda new to the "Kombat Kode" as I like to call it (I honestly have no idea what it's actually called) . lol I could've sword JIP stood for jump in place. :confused: Welp, I'm going to need to clear that up so I don't confuse everyone who watches it.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
Thanks for the support guys. :D

Great job @ GlacialEternity

With the release of KE I am sure a lot of new comers or people who haven't played him will after seeing your tutorial.
That's definitely one of the reasons I uploaded this video. I thought after the Komplete Edition release would be an optimal time to do a guide. Not mention, soon enough, Mortal Kombat will be released on the Playstation Vita.

Oh, an I upload a video (at least) every week on Wednesday. So, more than likely, the intermediate guide will be uploaded either next week, or the week after on Wednesday. It all just depends on how long the video is and how much time I have available to work on it. I believe the beginner's guide took me anywhere between 20-25 hours. Though if it helps people, as far as I'm concerned, it was time well-spent. ;) Welp, we'll see what happens.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter

And to the OP, you play with the stick?!
Yep. I've always played with the analog sticks. The only thing I use the D-pad for is for Fatalities. (Even though it's rare for me to use them) Though, I will admit it's easier to do some attacks with the D-pad. (Liu Kang's bicycle kick comes to mind.) Is it generally believed that playing with analogs is inferior, or is it more just a preference thing?