What's new

Video/Tutorial Mortal Kombat 2014. The God of Thunder.

Thunderless

THUNDERONE
You mean 19... I literally wrote it there... and the ex version is -1, b3 is 15 frames so pretty much everything would beat it.
it strange because i saw his framedata and it was -13 now it 19 lol and about ex version, i mean when somebody try to punish tp, you do ex version and punish his whiffs except throws..

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You mean 19... I literally wrote it there... and the ex version is -1, b3 is 15 frames so pretty much everything would beat it.
There's a thing that either is misunderstood by me or is often forgotten by people:
Switching Sides/Turning Around
It takes 5 frames to turn around and attack, except it takes 7 frames if you input your attack on the 1st frame your opponent switches sides or while in the first 6 frames of the process of turning around. It takes 13 frames to turn around normally. If you input your attack on the first frame of recovery after your opponent has switched sides, you will take 5 frames to turn around. Otherwise, you take one frame (the first one that was skipped). Throws, specials, x-rays, and air normals are exempt from this rule and auto correct immediately.
So basically that's probably where ~13 frames comes from. Still punishable by pretty much everyone, and considering Raidens often don't block after teleporting (otherwise why would you teleport in the first place?), it's effectively more.

Thunderless

THUNDERONE
There's a thing that either is misunderstood by me or is often forgotten by people:

So basically that's probably where ~13 frames comes from. Still punishable by pretty much everyone, and considering Raidens often don't block after teleporting (otherwise why would you teleport in the first place?), it's effectively more.
thats what i'm talking about, thx man!

Raiden is only good online lol...
ive always felt it was the other way around :( because his footsies. anti and reactions are very precise and to deal with projectiles and certain moves on reaction you need to be very precise.

rushdown raiden on the other hand (which is a fictional character) :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Raiden's tele is a tool to use for escape only, and only when your opponent attacks with something, on a high level match if you don't match the tele with the opponents attacks you will get blown up.

If you try to counter fast recovering attacks you will get baited into punish.

I used to play raiden, i never really stick with him, but this is something you should recognize after the patch, his tele was nerfed, and becomed a tool that can only be used in one single ocasion, as a prediction tool to react against opponents actions, once that happened, lot of ppl dropped raiden.

He changed to from a rushdown character to a completly turtle character.

That is why you see when PL plays raiden he complete abandons offence and spend most of the game backdashing, wich is the second tool in combination with his tele that help him create some spacing.