What's new

Mortal Kombat 2 Arcade Restoration (LOTS of Pics)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Picked up this cabinet for $200. It was painted black and the previous owner stripped most of it away. I still have a lot of work to do but the side art is so good that it'd be a shape to dump the cab.

So, here we go. I already installed a marquee and bezel instruction card.

Here we go with the before pics...

YourMKArcadeSource

The monitor that came with the cab is a Hantarex/Polo with SIGNIFICANT screen burn and in complete vertical collapse...

Luckily, I have a fully working, capped, flowed, and flybacked replacement K7000...

First things first. Went ahead and restored the control panel...

YourMKArcadeSource

Well, after 8 hours of hard elbow grease effort, one side is done complete with new t-molding. Turned out great. I didn't really worry too much about removing the black paint from the dark areas for obvious reasons. I just concentrated on the actual artwork areas. What do you think?...

I'll work on the other side tomorrow...

YourMKArcadeSource

Other side de-painted and all exterior clean-up complete. Next step is cleaning up and stripping the inside of all the non-midway crap. Then the re-wiring, monitor, and PCB installation can begin. Stay Tuned!...

YourMKArcadeSource

Ok. Monitor installed, controls adjusted, looks great.

Old 80's Iso Transformer and hacked up MK1 Jamma harness removed...

All original MK2 factory Midway Jamma harness and wiring installed. New power supply, PCB and everything else installed. I still need to tie everything up and extend the CGA cable. I also need to install a power switch (it was removed along with the wiring for some reason). The marquee wiring was GONE as well as the speaker wires. I had to run new wiring up to the marquee and to the speakers. The speaker has been replaced and there is a ton of light bleed coming through the grille that I need to get blacked out somehow, but I'll do all that later. I need to find some switches for the test menu, volume, and service credits that go behind the coin door. Need new locks also. All the wiring for the coin door including the lights was missing so I have to wire those up too.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
amazing post man, great work aswell

my friend has a mk2 cab in his house, what i wouldnt give to have my own home, best mk apart from mk9 imo