What's new

Mortal Kombat 12 vs SF6

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's nice how supportive everyone seems to be of other fighters. Aside from this kind of stuff from Ed, Harada has also said he doesn't want Tekken 8 to release around the same time as SF6 because he doesn't want fighting games cannibalizing each other.

SF6 is going for broke here, embracing their essence and taking a big risk with a completely new system as well as the realistic graphics. They got the world tour that actually means traveling to different parts of the world and walking around (not just in Metro City) - confirmed in an interview with IGN Japan - on top of all the other goodies. They also said it feels like they are making 3 separate games into 1, so the only concern might be t hat they cannot make them all work well, at least not at first. Given SF5 launch that is a legitimate concern, but so far, it all looks really. good and apparently plays like it's mixing different elements from past games. Hope NRS can learn from Capcom like they have learned from NRS.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
SF6 is going for broke here, embracing their essence and taking a big risk with a completely new system as well as the realistic graphics. They got the world tour that actually means traveling to different parts of the world and walking around (not just in Metro City) - confirmed in an interview with IGN Japan - on top of all the other goodies. They also said it feels like they are making 3 separate games into 1, so the only concern might be t hat they cannot make them all work well, at least not at first. Given SF5 launch that is a legitimate concern, but so far, it all looks really. good and apparently plays like it's mixing different elements from past games. Hope NRS can learn from Capcom like they have learned from NRS.
I’d much rather have them swing for the fences and have some failures than play it safe and…also fail.

I’d much rather have them swing for the fences and have some failures than play it safe and…also fail.
Ow definitely, though with MK neither has worked out in the end. NRS and WB know whatever they do, fans will come, they are not worried and can afford the luxury to be critiqued since they really do not care as long as $$$ come in. Capcom must take fan feedback into consideration as a smaller company, less budget, and they seem passionate enough to really deliver and make up for SF5's release through updates within the game, adding and tweaking, but especially with SF6 are shooting for the stars.

It might be due to WB or Boon not having the passion anymore, but I don't feel NRS is invested to create a positive work environment and deliver a game that speaks to the essence of MK that fans who've been there since the beginning. If only they were forced to and felt they had not been satisfactory in last 2 games, so trying to outdo themselves. Time will tell, but I think SF6 might truly win out and put SF back on the map as the #1 fighter. Right now that seems to be Super Smash Bros and neither MK11 nor SF5 are considered top-tier.

The only hope I have is that Tobias was brought on to right the ship and help with the lore, the story and perhaps involved in even the game itself.