What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Roster Prediction

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
The post that I had before probably got lost to time, so I will post my list now. It should read similarly to the one I had before.
Mortal Kombat X ended with three characters being taken out of commission: Mileena, killed by D'Vorah, Quan Chi, killed by Scorpion, and Shinnok, effectively dead (with his head being separated from his body), "killed" by Raiden. And with a few endings mixed in, I shall propose my list of characters that will be in the game.
My list will have a combinations of characters that I want and will be in from sources available to everyone else. I will have the base roster end at 32, to keep things tidy. The roster has increased with every entry since MKX.
1. Scorpion(He was confirmed in the trailer) To what extent of who he is or what role he plays, I do not know.
2. Raiden(He was confirmed in the trailer) He can be the big bad, or he could not, I do not know.
3. Mysterious Time Lady/Goddess(She was confirmed in the trailer) We can speculate her role, but she can be any number of things to the plot.
4. Shao Khan(He was confirmed to be day one DLC in the trailer) More than likely will have a small role to play in the story, if any at all.
Now, the rest is unknown, but I can rank them according to how likely they are to being in the game.
5. Sub-Zero. 99%. The yin Scorpion's yang. If he's not in, then expect Hsu Hao to be the main character of the story.
6. Liu Kang &
7. Kitana: At the end of the story, it seems like they will fulfill a vital role to Raiden. 99%.
A couple on ladder endings for the following three characters: Raiden, Kotal Khan, and Bo' Rai Cho, share one thing in common, Raiden leading Earthrealm against Outworld, to finally end the invasions. The Elder Gods intervene and institute a Mortal Kombat tournament in Outworld, the inverse of what was the norm for the past how many ever years. Also, there are two endings that have Jax being hurt or killed, so I will take those endings, assuming them to be divining his end. I will also assume that some of the characters introduced in MKX can be left out as well.
8. Kotal Khan: With how much Raiden had went through, Raiden will want some retribution from all of the years of Outworld's crap. Someone has to rule and Outworld with Raiden leading Earthrealm. 90%
9. D'Vorah: She betrayed Kotal Khan for personal gain, and it blew up in her face. She has no ally in both Earthrealm and Outworld. She must have a reason for doing so. 80%
10. Cassie Cage. She was the character that was most pronounced out of the four relatives. Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade are left to some...unsavory endings at the end of MKX. 80%
11. Takeda: He was another character that was shown off during the story of MKX. 80%
12. Reptile: He's an iconic character. 60%
13. Bo' Rai Cho: I believe he can have a major role in the story. It can be an interesting opposition to Raiden's steadfast hatred of Outworld. 50%
14. Kung Jin: 50%
15. Jacqui Briggs: If Jax is in, then she is out. If she is in, then Jax is out. 50%
16. Erron Black: 50%.
The rest will be who I think should be in.
17. Shang Tsung/Ermac
18. Tanya
19. Rain
20. Frost
21. Havik
22. Hotaru
23. Li Mei
24. Smoke
25. Kenshi
26. Sareena
27. Jade
28. Noob
29. Sektor/Cyrax
30. New Character
31. New Character
32. New Character
Sonya and Kenshi got kidnapped by the Shirai Ryu if I remember correctly. This is my list

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Can someone explain wtf is up with the complaints about guest characters? They are usually way cooler than most MK characters and I'd rather all the dlc be guests as far as I'm concerned.

Give me Spawn, Ash, Pennywise and Michael Myers!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Can someone explain wtf is up with the complaints about guest characters? They are usually way cooler than most MK characters and I'd rather all the dlc be guests as far as I'm concerned.
Would you like Mortal Kombat if it had no guest characters in it at all?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I figured I would try to make a prediction. There are a couple characters I put in that are mainly just wishes, but I tried to keep it closer to being a prediction that I could see happening.

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Kitana
  6. Mileena
  7. Kung Lao
  8. Reptile
  9. Cassie Cage
  10. Jacqui Briggs
  11. Takeda
  12. Kung Jin
  13. Kotal Kahn
  14. D'Vorah
  15. Erron Black
  16. Fujin
  17. Kai
  18. Reiko
  19. Li Mei
  20. Jade
  21. Smoke
  22. Kabal
  23. Sindel
  24. Shang Tsung
  25. Onaga (Unlockable)
  26. Bald Lady
  27. New
  28. New
  29. New
  30. Shao Kahn (Pre-Order)
  31. Noob Saibot (DLC)
  32. Sareena (DLC)
  33. Havik (DLC)
  34. Doomguy (DLC)
  35. Pennywise (DLC)
  36. Spawn (DLC)
Characters 1-15 are characters who were in MKX and are coming back. Characters 16-25 are characters who were in past games (MK9 or later) and will finally be returning. Characters 26-29 are new. Characters 30-36 are DLC related.

The characters on this list that I feel are kinda missing are the cyborgs (Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Smoke and Sub-Zero) and Bo' Rai Cho. The characters that I added that I feel are kinda unlikely are Kai and the specific guests that I chose, but I felt that I would do something to make it kinda interesting.

Gamer68

Fujin!
So considering recent leaks, Sonya Blade may be back. If she's back, then other parent characters like Johnny Cage, Jax, and Kenshi now have a good chance at being back as well. Before I speculated that parent characters could be out because MK9 was about old characters, MKX was described by devs as a game about "passing the torch" from old characters to new ones, so I figured that MK11 would give parent characters a break. But again, Sonya is potentially back.

Lets take a look at characters that will apparently be in the game, taking into account the voice actor leak, Best Buy leak, and now the Email leak:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Kung Lao
  6. Sonya Blade
  7. Reptile
  8. Kronika (Bald Lady seen in trailers)
  9. Geras (new)
  10. Shao Kahn (pre-order/DLC)
...Then these characters who have a really good chance considering the story, leaks, and just general likelihood
  1. Kitana
  2. Cassie Cage
  3. Kotal Kahn
  4. D'Vorah
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Jax
  7. Kenshi
  8. Probably one more "Kombat Kid" (Takeda, Jacqui, Jin) if not all of them
That's 17-20 characters depending on how you look at it, and only 3 of those were ones NOT in MKX. Keep in-mind that these lists doesn't even include the possibility of even more newcomers which is likely considering I doubt we are only getting 2. I'm also not counting characters like Erron Black, Mileena, etc, who could be returning from MKX as well -- just furthering the amount of MKX returnees. With the exception of Shao Kahn (who is technically DLC), there isn't a single non-MKX returnee so far (meaning no characters from MK9 or later who were cut from MKX are on this list).

Here's what I'm trying to get at:
Assuming my lists are right and we are really getting those 20 characters, then I highly doubt we are getting a 24 character roster again. Yes, we have been speculating on this, but the leaks seem to make it more likely. Out of these 20 characters, 17 of them are from MKX -- making the lineup look completely lacking. What is the point of introducing timelines if you aren't going to bring back more than 4 old characters (4 more characters would make the roster 24, keep that in-mind)? And that's assuming you use those final 4 slots for returning MK9-or-later characters, again, I'm sure we will be getting even more new characters and even more MKX returnees.

To be fair, this is assuming ALL of the parents and Kombat Kids will be back, if not, then of course it would be a smaller roster and maybe this whole theory is thrown out the window. But what is the point of bringing Sonya back if you aren't going to bring Johnny too? And if you are putting Johnny in, why not Jax? And if Jax is in, why not Kenshi -- who I believe Ed already stated as being his favorite 3D character?

I'm going to say it: we are getting at least 30 characters. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, who cares? Lol. But if I'm right, well, let's just say that I really hope that I'm right.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Frost
Kai
Jade
Reiko

All im checking for. Sub zero too i guess. Smh

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As far as returning MK characters go, I'd love for

Skarlet: Such a unique character should not be thrown away. She's been gone for a game, I think that's long enough to keep her fresh. If Nitra ends up coming back, you can still come up with a different playstyle for the two blood drinkers, as they have shown with their ice characters.

Motaro: I know, he is a NIGHTMARE to get to work in 3D, but if you can pull it off, you will have one of the most memorable sub-boss fights in 2.5D fighters. I was let down we could not fight him in MK9, let's not go for strike 2 in MK11 should he be here.

Onagi: I honestly don't care if he's not a boss or playable, just a cameo is enough for me.
Skarlet its not a vampire, she is a construct being which absorbs blood through any part of her body. Besides her playstyles are way different
Skarlet is essentially a definition to what a real Kunoichi should be with a twist that she can bend blood,has accelerated healing seeing that she is not afrait to inflict self damage, and in MK9 she had an insane durability which was displayed through her armor.

While both characters are blood based, Skarlet was a character that gets stronger the more you block her moves because she is a meter hungry character, she gets blockstrings loops and an even faster overhead and an insane armor durability when she gets one bar and she can build meter fast if you stand block her.

Nitara its just a vampire with a blood ball, pretty sure if NRS brings Nitara back she will be very different from Skarlet.

I don't really have much of my hopes up but this is what i would think a roster would look like.

1.Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Kitana
5. Kung Lao
6. Liu Kang
7. Cassie
8. Takeda
9. Sareena
10. D'Vorah
11. Kotal Kahn
12. Erron Black
13. Ermac
15. Reptile
16. Tanya
17. Skarlet
18. Tremor
19. Kabal
20. Enenra (Not smoke)
21. Fujin
22. Bo' Rai Cho
23. Li Mei
24. Nightwolf
25. Kung Jin
26. Jacqui Briggs
28 . Havik
29. Hotaru
30. Darrius
31. Dairou

DLC
32. Shao Kahn
33. Mileena
34. Sonya
35. Cage
36. Frost
37. Noob Saibot

Skarlet its not a vampire, she is a construct being which absorbs blood through any part of her body. Besides her playstyles are way different
Skarlet is essentially a definition to what a real Kunoichi should be with a twist that she can bend blood,has accelerated healing seeing that she is not afrait to inflict self damage, and in MK9 she had an insane durability which was displayed through her armor.

While both characters are blood based, Skarlet was a character that gets stronger the more you block her moves because she is a meter hungry character, she gets blockstrings loops and an even faster overhead and an insane armor durability when she gets one bar and she can build meter fast if you stand block her.

Nitara its just a vampire with a blood ball, pretty sure if NRS brings Nitara back she will be very different from Skarlet.
I know.

aj1701

Noob
I really wish they’d get rid of the Kombat kids too but we all know this won’t happen.
99% agree; I wouldn't mind if they kept Cassie TBH, but the others were just crap. Jacque was almost the same as Jax, and i'd rather have jax than her.

Also, no one else wants Buffy as DLC?

Last edited:
1.Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Kitana
5. Kung Lao
6. Liu Kang
7. Cassie
8. Takeda
9. Sareena
10. D'Vorah
11. Kotal Kahn
12. Erron Black
13. Ermac
15. Reptile
16. Tanya
17. Skarlet
18. Tremor
19. Kabal
20. Enenra (Not smoke)
21. Fujin
22. Bo' Rai Cho
23. Li Mei
24. Nightwolf
25. Kung Jin
26. Jacqui Briggs
28 . Havik
29. Hotaru
30. Darrius
31. Dairou

DLC
32. Shao Kahn
33. Mileena
34. Sonya
35. Cage
36. Frost
37. Noob Saibot
What's up with these people lately totally forgetting that we're getting some brand new characters as well? It still blows my mind to see rosters without new characters slots along with the potential returning ones. Did people forget that we got like 8 new characters in vanilla MKX?
I could say the same about the DLC part without guest characters, by the way.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What's up with these people lately totally forgetting that we're getting some brand new characters as well? It still blows my mind to see rosters without new characters slots along with the potential returning ones. Did people forget that we got like 8 new characters in vanilla MKX?
I could say the same about the DLC part without guest characters, by the way.
New characters are always auto-include, i don't need to add them because then i have to guess how many they are, and how many are going to be in the game, so take as you will but its really simple, you can add as much slots with new character you want in that list, those were just a guess on what character might return.

I am new poster and really surprised at how many people "expect" 30+ base rosters, even go as high as 38 in the OP. No disrespect, but are you even serious @phantomthief99? I think that expecting more than 30 is just getting your hopes up and I really think people are posting what they want in combination with what they expect. I will make a clear distinction therefore between expect and wanted:

Expected:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Reptile
  4. Raiden
  5. Liu Kang
  6. Kung Lao
  7. Kenshi
  8. Kitana
  9. Johnny Cage
  10. Sonya
  11. Cassie
  12. Jacqui
  13. Kung Jin
  14. Takeda
  15. D'Vorah
  16. Kotal Kahn
  17. Erron Black
  18. Sindel
  19. Shang Tsung
  20. Cyrax
  21. Bo Rai Cho
  22. Frost
  23. Li Mei
  24. Fujin
  25. NEW Oracle
  26. NEW Kano's son
  27. NEW another Kotal ally
  28. NEW earthrealm / netherrealm warrior
Shao Kahn
DLC: Noob Saibot, Sareena, Jade, Michael Myers, Pennywise & some horror freak

Wanted:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Reptile (the kobra look from MKX concept)
  4. Raiden
  5. Liu Kang (actually Asian looking, not that half-assed whitewashed look)
  6. Kung Lao (actually Asian looking, hopefully the Great Kung Lao, not just warrior w/ a hat)
  7. Kitana
  8. Kung Jin
  9. Takeda
  10. D'Vorah
  11. Kotal Kahn
  12. Shang Tsung (MK movie attire, MK2 look mixed with MK1)
  13. Cyrax
  14. Nightwolf (more creative design, not just the typical native american look)
  15. Baraka (MKX face and arms, blades actually pointy and not an arrow at the end as well as more of a leader garment)
  16. Noob Saibot (MK9 look, using his shadows)
  17. Kabal
  18. Kai (MK4 design was fine, body tattoo and regal look)
  19. Bo Rai Cho
  20. Ashrah
  21. Fujin (as the protector of earth realm, give him control of all elements)
  22. Li Mei
  23. Havik (army of the dead 'Lord of the Rings' look)
  24. Hotaru
  25. Onaga (in Goro's body like the leak would be cool, though hope he resembles the MK dragon)
  26. Shujinko (wise elder)
  27. NEW Oni / demon / monster (Moloch type)
  28. NEW Animal inspired like D'Vorah
  29. NEW Oracle
  30. NEW female necromancer / witch
Shao Kahn
DLC: Quan Chi, Jade, Sareena, Smoke, Spawn & Pennywise

Last edited:
Perhaps my hopes are a little high but I’m sure nobody here will be 100% accurate. Then again I don’t want a roster that anyone can predict. I do think I’m on to something though and will bet the farm on at least more than half of my guesses being correct. Especially DLC. You watch. Pennywise, Spawn and Myers will probably end up in it as guests. I hope ash from evil dead too

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Cool. I don't have to make a thread for this lol

So, with another reveal around the corner, I feel like a little speculation on the roster could be a fun way to pass the time.

Who we have confirmed so far:

1. Sonya
2. Sub-Zero
3. Scorpion
4. Raiden
5. Geras
6. Baraka
7. Skarlet
8. Kano
Pre-Order: Shao Kahn

Based on what we have so far, I'm pretty happy. Just about everyone looks incredible, and I'd be happy playing any of them.

Now, who's soft-confirmed and almost certainly in the game:

9. Kabal
10. Liu Kang
11. Kung Lao
12. Kitana
13. Johnny Cage
14. Cassie Cage

Assuming all these characters make it, again, I'm not really disappointed so far. Kitana and Liu Kang are definitely favorites of mine, and the others I'm okay with.

Now the fun part; Who do you think will claim the last 11 slots:
For me, I feel the following are most likely:

15. Shang Tsung (fan favorite/sat out MKX)
16. Jade (fan favorite; sat out MKX; personal bias lol)
17. Rain (Possibly on one mode-select screen; sat out MKX)
18. Sektor or Cyrax (Not both; give the customization system, not having at least one cyborg doesn't make sense).

19. Takeda (Kombat Kid; Probably most popular Kombat Kid)
20. Noob Saibot (Fan favorite; sat out MKX)
21. Smoke (Fan favorite; sat out MKX)
22. Sheeva (Maybe not a fan favorite, but she did sit out MKX and we've had Goro representing the Shokan in MKX, so I feel like Sheeva has a decent shot at the roster)

23. Jax (Even though Jax was in MKX, I feel like he lends himself well to the customization system)
24. New character
25. New character

The above seems like a decent guess without too much special overlap, and would seemingly satisfy Boon's declaration that a lot of MK fan favorites will be MK 11.

My reasoning for two additional new characters is that Boon mentioned MK 11 would introduce far fewer new cast members than MKX. Given that MKX introduced around 7-8 newbies, I feel like 3 for MK 11 is a reasonable guess.

Now, comes the fun part for me and wishful thinking; Who would I like to see fill the remaining 11 slots:

15. Shang Tsung
16. Jade
17. Mileena (She's dead in the story, but when has that ever stopped an MK character?)

18. Noob Saibot
19. Triborg (I feel like Triborg lends himself well to the customization system, and could be a good way to satisfy all cyborg players)
20. Smoke
21. Frost (I feel like this is unlikely, given the heavy overlap with Sub-Zero)

22. Sindel
23. Ermac (Big fan favorite, but he did have a spot in MKX)
24. Reptile
25. Nightwolf (I felt like Nightwolf was a better leader than Raiden in MK9, and I think NRS could do some cool stuff with him in MK 11).

I'd really love to see the above characters, and if they all made it in, MK 11 would be 1000% my favorite MK game. Again, though, this is largely wishful thinking and I'd be content just getting two off my wish list given that I feel the roster is pretty solid at the moment.

Anyway, this is my prediction for MK 11 and I'll likely be revisiting this as more reveals come our way, just to see how close I was (largely for fun).

If you'd like to play around too, feel free to copy and paste the below! :)

1. Sonya
2. Sub-Zero
3. Scorpion
4. Raiden
5. Geras
6. Baraka
7. Skarlet
8. Kano

Pre-Order: Shao Kahn

9. Kabal
10. Liu Kang
11. Kung Lao