What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Returns for EVO 2023

Comments

I love this. For purely spiteful petty reasons.

It's no secret that many fans have a distaste for Mortal Kombat 11 because of one reason or another, Some say that MK9 was superior, some say that MKX was more fun to watch and hey that's fair, that's their view, I respect that.

...But guess what? Mortal Kombat 11 has 4 EVO appearances (5 if you count the initial plans for EVO2020 Online) and that's the most an MK game has ever had.

MK12, if that's what we get, could be amazing. It could be all the things the community wanted and more. Incredible depth, Gigantic roster, superb balance and mechanics, combos that are creative, beautiful animations, Hot women in skimpy outfits.

But chances are good that it won't appear at EVO as long or as often as this one did.

So I suppose what I'm saying is... Suck it.

Cool. Although I’m not sure what the competitive state of MK11 is going to look like in August.
I also wonder what this says about MK12. Would this indicate a late Q3 2023 release for MK12 at the earliest?

Switching it to top 6 is to reduce the time it takes to get through EVO finals day. They'll probably shave about 45 minutes off each game's runtime and that's huge. Shit went long as hell last year.

Happy for anyone who enjoys MK11 but the thought of watching a game that released 4 years ago that bored me a month into its lifespan isn't very exciting. I will probably tune in just in case NRS shows something, though.

Not sure what people have against Smash. The games are exciting to watch, they always bring the hype, and those guys supported their own game when both EVO and Nintendo have always been waffling on whether or not to support them.

EVO used them when it was convenient, because they bring lots of signups and views, and previously dropped them when it wasn't, even before Nintendo pulled the plug.

They kept their scene alive and even grew it massively when things were dark, completely on their own. Imo that's worthy of respect

Not sure what people have against Smash. The games are exciting to watch, they always bring the hype, and those guys supported their own game when both EVO and Nintendo have always been waffling on whether or not to support them.
I couldn't disagree more. The games are not hype.. they are terminally boring. I get people like it and get hyped, but I am talking about myself. I would rather watch grass grow than a Melee match. I personally think Melee is the worst thing to happen to the FGC in a long time.

That's precisely why. Nintendo has been terrible to work with, and EVO shouldn't be dealing with them when they can fill seats with other games. Especially after the SWT controversy.

The dedication of the community to Smash was admirable but at this point its just sad. It's someone in an abusive relationship that keeps saying "he only hits me because he loves me"

There are too many developers that actually want their game to be there.