What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Early Pre-Order Info

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think Micheal Myers would end up being like Jason which I felt wasn't very good, but if Pennywise happens he could be the best guest an MK game has had. He actually talks so he could toy around with his opponents, but he can also transform into pretty much anything so we could see a very creative moveset. Imagine a fighter that could transform into different horrors while also having an illusion-based moveset. NRS would have to be messing up big time if Pennywise would end up being boring.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
So according to that Italian Gamestop leak, we do have some variant of IJ2's gear system returning. Can't say I didn't see it coming, and I did like how it looked aesthetically, but as long as I have the option to uninstall someone's game if they don't opt into Tournament Mode, then it's all good.

Aramonde

Noob
Sounds like each character could come with a Battle Pass. It could be anything, but I'm assuming it's like other games' Battle Passes: a collection of challenges and each one you beat gives you a reward. I'm assuming that you will be able to customize your character's cosmetics in this game, so it would make since that the BP collections are for new gear (or whatever it's called in this game).

Example: Let's say they release Li Mei as a DLC character (just hypothetical), when you buy her you also get the "Deadly Alliance Battle Pass" which comes with a bunch of new challenges to beat so you can unlock even more gear for her AND maybe also select characters in the base roster -- like maybe a Deadly Alliance gear set for Raiden and another character. There could be other rewards in between the bigger stuff, like XP boosters, Easy Fatalities, Koins, and maybe Shaders if they are in this game too.

This is just a big guess, though.
Do you get to pick the reward in the games that do this?

Espio

Kokomo
Correct me if am wrong, but as far as i remember they gave the option to buy characters from the kombat pack individually. I remember that from the "press X to Jason" meme and later on i remember some ppl who only bought triborg and such. I don't remember how much each character costed on it's own tho. But i agree with you, I've always been an advocate to not throw money at WB/NRS via preorder cuz that been proven to be not so optimal decision times and times again.
Yeah, they do. You just have to usually wait a week or so before you can purchase them. They're not gonna stop or rework it unless people demand to know the pack beforehand in droves.

I don't know why people don't demand to know anyway. If the pack was good/something people want, what's the harm in sharing it?

Like if Fighter pack 1 for MKX had Tanya, Tremor, Triborg and Bo Rai Cho even if people might not like every character, you have two majorly requested, a cool rumor character and a post MK3 character and people would get behind that. The cloak and dagger is just played out.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Do you get to pick the reward in the games that do this?
No, it's set rewards for everyone. Usually it goes something like:

Skin > Spray > Emote > Accessory > Spray > Emote > Accessory > Repeat (so Skin again then so on)

Sometimes it's more bloated with sprays and stuff because they want like 100 items on their Battle Pass or whatever, but you get the point. The quality/rarity of said items get better and better as you progress, by the way. So in MK11 I would imagine it would be something like:

Gear > Easy Fatality Tokens > Koins > Shader > Easy Fatality Tokens > Koins > Shader > Repeat

The Gear and Shader drops could be exclusive to the Battle Pass to make them more special, and the rarity of the items will get better as you progress. So maybe it's Rare, then Epic, then ends of with a Legendary set.

We will apparently be getting details on what exactly is in the Kombat Pack on the Reveal stream, so I will just have to wait and see what direction they take this exactly.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I think Micheal Myers would end up being like Jason which I felt wasn't very good, but if Pennywise happens he could be the best guest an MK game has had. He actually talks so he could toy around with his opponents, but he can also transform into pretty much anything so we could see a very creative moveset. Imagine a fighter that could transform into different horrors while also having an illusion-based moveset. NRS would have to be messing up big time if Pennywise would end up being boring.
I agree he'd be better, but my issue with Pennywise as a fighting game character is that what makes IT scary is she's this unknowable eldritch creature, and having her like... punch ninjas in the face feels really stupid, even if she's doing it as that clown avatar.

I never feel like those characters fit into the world of Mortal Kombat, at all.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Doesn’t that also describe Jason? They made it work.

I think NRS can make anyone work.
More like, NRS is allowed to get away with anything :p
Props to community and its love for MK games, I guess.

I also didn't really think Jason worked, lol. I like Mortal Kombat because the characters are charismatic and fun.
Then there was a rather clumsy (because of the original design as well as some questionable ideas by NRS) Leatherface.

That's purely a matter of taste I guess, but I feel LF wasn't even a good guest in Dead by Daylight, a game specifically about slasher-esque killers and their victims. Mostly because it had a cooler (IMO) semi-original character clearly inspired by Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so it was weird to see a prototype and a knock-off characters side-by-side, but still.

...but he can also transform into pretty much anything so we could see a very creative moveset. Imagine a fighter that could transform into different horrors while also having an illusion-based moveset...
Eh... I think there's a problem with characters like that in FGs. The latter are fast, animation lengths can be as shots as single-digit number of frames. Morphing animations like that... are decently tiresome to watch. We've seen characters like that already and without watching them frame by frame they could as well be an abstract dusty ball of violence.

...as long as I have the option to uninstall someone's game if they don't opt into Tournament Mode, then it's all good.
Well, I do know some games where alternating parts of moveset before the match was the tournament mode.

MKX variations system was basically that, but slightly more rigid.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
My serious question is will BETA have single player and local Vs or just online vs. i wanna play beta but I suck too hard for online to be worthwhile or even fun.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
My serious question is will BETA have single player and local Vs or just online vs. i wanna play beta but I suck too hard for online to be worthwhile or even fun.
Doubtful... Injustice 2 beta was online versus only. It’s mostly to check the servers and make sure everything is working.

Though I do wish they’d release the demo from the reveal. Even if it’s only for a weekend. I just want to touch it!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Doubtful... Injustice 2 beta was online versus only. It’s mostly to check the servers and make sure everything is working.

Though I do wish they’d release the demo from the reveal. Even if it’s only for a weekend. I just want to touch it!
Yeah basically what I was hoping for (although with whatever tweaks they are making between now and beta) but with online enabled for those who want it in order to test all those things as all input is super important here.