What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Director ED BOON Reveals Three DLC Guest Characters He Wanted in the Game

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Mortal Kombat 11 Director Reveals Three DLC Guest Characters He Wanted in the Game

Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch has already revealed six DLC characters. Three of them -- Shang Tsung, Night Wolf, and Terminator -- have already been added to the game. Meanwhile, next month Sindel will release, and then in January Joker will release, and lastly Spawn will hit in March.
And then all eyes will turn to Kombat Pack #2 and what DLC characters it will have.
Upon the completion of Kombat Pack #1 in March, three guest characters will have been added to the game, with possibly more to come in Kombat Pack #2.
As you may know, while some purists don't like guest characters, they are often the most popular DLC characters. That said, there are so many options that it must be difficult to choose who to add to the game. And then there's the larger issue of licensing. As a result, many wanted guest characters may never come to the game. Heck, even series creative director Ed Boom had guest DLC characters he wanted, but couldn't get into the fighting game.

Speaking with Brazilian outlet Meu PS4, Ed Boon revealed some of the guest DLC characters he wanted to see in the game, but, for whatever reason, didn't make the cut.
Boon begins by mentioning Street Fighter. And that's all Boon says. He never divulges what character specifically, but presumably he has one or two in mind.

And this isn't very surprising, after all, the Capom fighter was one of the big inspirations for the first Mortal Kombat.

The second DLC character Boon mentions is
John Wick
, and given how in vogue
Keanu Reeves
is, this also makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why he isn't in the game. There's already established history of him crossovers in games, so you'd think that would be easy to make happen. But, alas, who knows.

The final guest DLC character Boon mentions is
Neo from Matrix
, which would certainly be an interesting addition, though I'm not sure he fits into the game as well as the other choice.
source-

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Hmmm. Or is there a better actor? What actor, if you took all of their roles, would make for the best fighting game?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Street Fighter characters will never be in a same game with MK, the idea, in theory is fun, but will never ever take place ..... the japaneses creators of the franchise already stated they don't want it

John Wick ? wow, that's a great idea, I support that for MK12 ! ;)

Neo .... I think he fits better in Injustice game, he was almost in Injustice 2, so, if WB and NRS make another Injustice game, I vote for Neo to be there, not in MK universe

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Capcom will never agree to vs MK because they don't want to see Ken or Chun-Li's head getting ripped off. And NRS and WB won't ok compromising with Capcom on a watered down MK, we already saw that with MK vs DC. The game sold well for what it was, but from a MK perspective the hardcore fans of what makes MK well MK hated it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
new matrix film is well underway. They just announced Doogie Howser as being in it a few days ago Neo won't be in a NRS game until around its release.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
John Wick would be badass, but I think Neo is going to be in Injustice 3. Ed has been talking about him being in an NRS game since, what, MK9?

Ehh idk about John Wick. It'd be cool no doubt but what's the difference between him Stryker? I could see the intros with him and Johnny Cage being fun tho

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Ed Boon likes Ken, but there are so many great characters that would fit in greatly. Akuma is a perfect, but he is already in Tekken , to me Sagat would be the 2nd that would fit perfectly.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
John Wick or Neo would be amazing. I could see the senergy of Neo and Terminator or a zoning version of John Wick.

Imagine Neo having a special that slows down your opponent for 7 seconds making Neo easily able to wiff punish moves and avoid attacks.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why don't they just make a fighting game with all the different characters Keanu Reeves has played throughout his career.
Ted Logan - S+ tier

Also, I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't give a shit about John Wick or Neo. I like Keanu and all, but I don't care about these characters. I'd much rather see what a character like Bane would be like in an MK game.