What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Beta on Steam (PC) ?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
When the game first came up on Steam I was weighing whether I want to preorder the game or not.
The listed Beta Access was one of the main reasons I did so.
Now that option is gone and quite clearly PC is excluded from the upcoming beta.

Are we getting one later?
Has the idea been scrapped?

Any information would be welcome.

I'm not trying to act offended or anything, I don't mind waiting four weeks for a full game, it just feels odd and I'd like to know what's going on, why it was removed.

@16 Bit @STORMS @tylerlansdown

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I didn't even know we were supposed to get it in the first place, now I'm definately interested.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My one guess as I told @SaSSolino during an earlier conversation is that they directly copied the beta notes over to Steam from consoles and they never actually planned to have a Beta on Steam or that the criteria for running a beta test over at Steam would have been somehow problematic for them, maybe not enough people preordered for it to be worth doing, idk

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
When the game first came up on Steam I was weighing whether I want to preorder the game or not.
The listed Beta Access was one of the main reasons I did so.
Now that option is gone and quite clearly PC is excluded from the upcoming beta.

Are we getting one later?
Has the idea been scrapped?

Any information would be welcome.

I'm not trying to act offended or anything, I don't mind waiting four weeks for a full game, it just feels odd and I'd like to know what's going on, why it was removed.

@16 Bit @STORMS @tylerlansdown
No info at this time. Hang in there.

The official site indicates that the beta is only on PS4 and Xbox One.

Edit: from the FAQ on mortalkombat.com

"Will the beta be available on all platforms?
No, the beta will only available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X."

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
ima tell you why we wont get any pc beta..

pirates.. people would hack the beta giving them a part of the game forever without paying thats why.
and dataminers .... rsrsrs remember when all MK9 story script just leaked from a simple PS3 demo ? now you can imagine what they can do using a PC version demo/beta of MK11 ..... :p

To be honest, i'm glad we pc players are getting the game same time as consoles. (Remember the MKXL situation?)
The beta, it'd be cool yeah but not something i care that much about.

As previously stated by other people in the thread, the answer is dataminers. The leaks have been bad enough for NRS as it is, the last thing they need is to have even more.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I mean, they probably fear data miners cuz of story and features.

Because the base roster should be known by now. It's just characters.

I mean, they probably fear data miners cuz of story and features.

Because the base roster should be known by now. It's just characters.
And yet, the base roster isn't known. We're still unsure who the secret characters are and I'm certain NRS prefers it that way.