What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Takeda Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Other characters in a reveal trailer are only there to be jobbers to the DLC and get beat up, lol. So there's not much to show unless the buff involves being hit by a combo or special move.
Quan's new portal was in the Peacemaker trailer, no? Same with Reptile's special cancel and acid projectile in the Ermac trailer? It's not unprecedented for them to show new characters moves, but in the their defense keeping it focused on all of the shit Takeda can do was probably a good idea for the casual audience.

Other characters in a reveal trailer are only there to be jobbers to the DLC and get beat up, lol. So there's not much to show unless the buff involves being hit by a combo or special move.
Yeah, I remember how we all learned about the new moves Reptile got from the Reptile New Moves trailer.

Why do you just consistently say such bullshit?

I also wonder which characters it would appeal to. Would it be more to try and stop someone from doing runaway zoning, so more of a Kameo to counter pick an opponents main character? Or would it be more to assist your own character by giving more access to corner combos? Are there character's whose damage is so much higher in the corner that would make Frost Wall worth it?
Yeah i'm assuming the main use case would be someone with gross corner pressure. You get slightly less on your combo damage but you get to corner them asap.

One of the weirder outcomes of aganos walls was that you could make a little thunderdome in the corner by putting a wall behind yourself, or behind the opponent if you were fighting out of the corner. I do wonder if that'll have any use case.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember how we all learned about the new moves Reptile got from the Reptile New Moves trailer.

Why do you just consistently say such bullshit?
Yes, of the 35 buffs and nerfs in that patch, we saw two of them with no information in the Ermac trailer.

Not the best way to showcase patch changes.. Much better to send the build to EVO this week and let actual players mess with it, where there will be plenty of footage and explanations.

Captain Cold could use his ice wall to setup stuff with his overhead icicle.. I imagine some characters will be able to do something similar.

I wasn't a Takeda guy in MKX nor will I be in MK1 but damn he looks cool. He looks like he will be equally as annoying to deal with as he was in X, and I can't tell if that kunai was held forever or proximity based etc. Hope he's fun for those looking at maining him!

Frost can now set up an ice wall, meaning you can do corner combos midscreen - I' skeptical of how this might make her better, so Imma wait until the full patch notes. Sektor's homing missile now fires 2 missiles and Cyrax drops his bomb if he gets hit while setting it up. These aren't exactly game changing buffs they were hypeing, if I'm being honest.
How would you buff kameos like Cyrax and Sektor?

Top tier kameos tend to have a short cooldown on a move so that the move can be used over and over again (i.e., helicopter, low hat, grenades, etc.), which is precisely what many players and spectators despise about this game.

Visually, Khameleon is performing different moves. Functionally, she follows the same meta as the previous top tier kameos did.

Tweedy has suggested to decrease the power level of all kameos while increasing the power level of all characters. This suggestion would require an overhaul to lots of characters, which would consequently lead to a shift in the meta. In other words, I am more likely to win the lottery than NRS is to pursue this suggestion.

I hope that I am mistaken, but we will get more of the same for another year after which point NRS finally puts the kameo system in the recycling bin, where it always belonged.

How would you buff kameos like Cyrax and Sektor?
I'd probably adjust the net to have faster startup (thus being able to combo from strings) with the drawback of not draining meter. Maybe have something like "hold back+K for slower net that drains meter or tap for fast startup with no drain".

Give Bombs a faster startup OR make them unblockable.

Give sektor straight missile with a fast cooldown - something like lao's hat after you hold meter.

Just brainstorming here, maybe this would break them, but I dunno.

I'll never understand how impatient some gamers are.. WTF dose it matter if it is this week or next week? It's coming. You have no idea why it is late.. Maybe they found a bug, maybe they wanted to add a new feature off feedback. Who knows? Who cares? It is not like there are all these new pressures on them that stop "crunch time".. Oh wait there is. The modern generation thinks working late is a civil rights violation! lol..

Look the patch will be out when it's out. Which btw was how it always was going to be. I'll never understand why some gamers are so crazy and entitled.

I'll never understand how impatient some gamers are.. WTF dose it matter if it is this week or next week? It's coming. You have no idea why it is late.. Maybe they found a bug, maybe they wanted to add a new feature off feedback. Who knows? Who cares? It is not like there are all these new pressures on them that stop "crunch time".. Oh wait there is. The modern generation thinks working late is a civil rights violation! lol..

Look the patch will be out when it's out. Which btw was how it always was going to be. I'll never understand why some gamers are so crazy and entitled.
We aren't upset about the patch. We're asking for the patch notes, which were promised to come before Takeda's release. Its a txt document thats been sitting on somebody's computer for weeks. All they needed to do was post it to their page. But, lolnrs

In addition to everything Missile said, stop and think for a moment, how stupid this whole situation is : some intern of theirs began writing the notes but then gave up midway through and said "F it, let them figure it out themselves". We expect NRS to communicate with us but it seems like the relationship within the company isn't exactly ideal.

In general, i don't take jabs at game devs every chance i get because i think it's rather petty, but this is quite ridiculous and worth pointing out. Especially considering that a lot of players' fate is riding on this patch.