What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Umgadi Trailer

Just noticed, but at 2:17/18 baraka does some hit throw where he stabs the shit out of them while they're above his head.

Afterwords you can see his spikes still stuck in their body. Looks like they stick around for quite awhile. I wouldn't be shocked if that's part of some mechanic/setup.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Just noticed, but at 2:17/18 baraka does some hit throw where he stabs the shit out of them while they're above his head.

Afterwords you can see his spikes still stuck in their body. Looks like they stick around for quite awhile. I wouldn't be shocked if that's part of some mechanic/setup.
Maybe he's got bleed effects akin to certain MK11 krushing blows. Would be a great unique mechanic for him.

gotta say i like everything they did to the character lore-wise so far. i might even give tanya a shot as main, even though she was never that much down my alley yet.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
They should have stuck with MKX Tanya design wise, but her move set actually looks pretty cool. Li Mei I could take it or leave it, but good for people that are excited, glad they have their character.

Really glad to see Baraka back, he was a blast to play in MK11. I might have actually stuck with MK11 if I just played Baraka.

Would have rather seen more Mileena though, I think the Lin Kuei trailer was much better and Smoke is a much more exciting reveal.

Watched the trailer last night, and Baraka looks fantastic (something I never thought I'd say). The whole concept of the "Tarkat Disease" looks very interesting, and I'm hoping this leads to an Outworld Civil War plot line that's more explored than in the last trilogy. Interesting to see "Goro" soldiers battling the Tarkata and taking blood from Baraka. Treason in the works and their general infects Mileena, perhaps?

Tanya looks very interesting and I'm interested to see more of the character.

Disappointing to see Li Mei in a role clearly suited to Jade (Leader of the Royal order of bodyguards, rivalry of sorts with Tanya, etc.), but it is what it is. We're now at 2 x 3D era characters in the main roster, which ties Mortal Kombat 1 for the most 3D era characters in the roster of an NRS Mortal Kombat (with Mortal Kombat XL).

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
That ball of light following Tanya around (starts at 0:55)... any ideas? It seems like she might "cash it out" to teleport/parry at 2:03.

Liu is a very strange character at this point and yeah I wanna see see how they handle it especially if this is old timeline Shang who knows what he did
Yeah, we'll see what they do with him. I suspect Liu is learning it's not so cut and dry, and moral, being the keeper of time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, we'll see what they do with him. I suspect Liu is learning it's not so cut and dry, and moral, being the keeper of time.
Yeah I think that the story will largely revolve around Liu learning the hard way that some conflicts will always happen.

He makes Mileena way more "normal" and tries get rid of Tarkatans in general it seems like. Maybe even the same for Baraka, perhaps he was supposed to be a "normal" guy in the new timeline. But it looks like they're both on track to end up being similar to the Mileena and Baraka Liu tried to "fix" because there is a disease that makes them Tarkatans regardless. He may have fucked over Mileena even worse if the end of the road for her is being a full blow Tarkatan because it is now a disease. Kitana will still have to fight Mileena just like in the last timeline.

He presumably made Scorpion Kuai Liang so that Bi Han wouldn't have a Scorpion to fight. But it looks like Bi Han is always going to be a dick head in any timeline, so Bi Han is probably killed by Scorpion just like in the old timeline. Only this time it will be Kuai LIang and Liu will have to find another Sub-Zero to replace Bi Han anyways. That's what I'm expecting at least, but the point is that Scorpion will always fight the elder Sub-Zero, and Kuai Liang will always have to redeem the Lin Kuei and the title of Sub-Zero.

There will surely be other examples of this in the game, but I think that's the direction they're heading.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
That ball of light following Tanya around (starts at 0:55)... any ideas? It seems like she might "cash it out" to teleport/parry at 2:03.
I'm guessing it might be the little hand light things she has going on, probably gives her access to new moves/ extended strings and all that

NRS giving Tanya the three section staff and managing to make it function like a whip, like a staff and using it like a boomerang.

I may not like it but credit to NRS for the versatility.