What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Kombat Pack Roster Reveal Trailer

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Thank you for posting these. It is killing me that I'm at work! And, since I manage a movie theater, this is like our busiest day ever due to Barbie and Oppenheimer lmao
The old Barbenheimer effect.

On topic, Takeda looks SOOOO good. Fan of most of the designs, barring Ermac's, but I am warming to it. I just wish he had a mouth covering, I think that would sell me on it. I know he will have a classic alt, but I want NRS to do good, new modern designs on the ninja's without having to always fallback to 'classic skins' in order to get the ninja feeling. Just keep some aspect of it.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I’ve said it since he got leaked and I’m gonna say it some more, but I’m hype for the gameplay possibilities for Omni Man.

I’ve never seen Invincible, but I watched some of his fight scenes, and dude is just a menace. Super super brutal hand to hand combat. And I played Jason in MKX and currently play Marisa in SF6, so I’m really hoping he hits hard lmao

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I normally hate guests, but I am pretty hyped for Homelander. I love The Boys, and they can get soooo creative with him. Is it too much to ask that they sneak in a Boys cameo? Either as a kameo or in one of his fatalities lol. I wanna see The Deep or somebody stupid make an appearance haha

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Quan and Tekada are the most hype reveals so far so me... I main Quan over many games and Tekada was, imo, one of the best Kombat Kids from MKx with a super unique combat style using that whip... so super happy he is back.... Ermac is cool I guess, but he never really did it for me play wise over the games... but Quan.. that is hyper hype for me.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
It says “Homelander available spring 2024” at the end. Is he gonna be our first DLC character? If so, spring is a bit far out from release, but I’m not gonna complain about dlc before the base roster has even been revealed lmao

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Sigh… The leak was true. I believed it, but I am still kinda disappointed. I’m not a fan of those hero characters being in the game. I guess I’ll just have to wait for their gameplay to see if I would play them or not.

The old Barbenheimer effect.

On topic, Takeda looks SOOOO good. Fan of most of the designs, barring Ermac's, but I am warming to it. I just wish he had a mouth covering, I think that would sell me on it. I know he will have a classic alt, but I want NRS to do good, new modern designs on the ninja's without having to always fallback to 'classic skins' in order to get the ninja feeling. Just keep some aspect of it.
Agree on Ermac being the weakest of the designs, but I guess we'll see.

Side rant- as someone who picked up ermac in arcades (very very poorly) I always loved how he played and how he was this crazy combo monster. And then kenshi shows up and suddenly ermac is this awkward zoner. I doubt i'll ever get "no fuck you" ermac back but i always hold out hope. This crypt keeper's mummy costume makes clear it won't be this game either.

Honestly with how amazing the base roster is they can put in as many shitty hero guests as they want. I’m not complaining.
This is where I sit. I likely won't ever touch any of the guests, maybe Homelander once or twice just to see how he plays. But this roster is really shaping up to be something exciting. Kenshi, Smoke, Li Mei, Tanya, Shang Tsung, with Quan Chi and Ermac in the KP? Yes please. Still a lot of roster spots unrevealed as well. I always, ALWAYS play Sub Zero first, then Liu Kang. But it's looking like I'm going to have quite the list to try after that this go round.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mk1 is either going to be one of the best MK ever or one of the most broken
Or both :cool:

It’d be hard for a game to be more broken than the 3D MKs, though. Even MK9 and pre-last patch MKX, which were considered to be pretty broken, don’t hold a candle to those.