What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Has Player 1 Advantage

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
And I’d just like it stated for the record, that I hold WB just as accountable, if not moreso, than NRS.

What started out as a blessing in the MK9-MKX era has turned into just another cash grab for WB. It being one of my favorite series of all time makes it sting even more. Now we get games that barely merit the $70+ price tag, with micro transactions aplenty. Granted, that’s more of an issue with the gaming industry as a whole, but I’m not going to pretend like those strings aren’t being pulled by WB when it comes to MK.

mrapchem

Noob
lmao yall have no idea what real p1 advantage is like, btw this is just a bug with certain characters, I cannot find any examples of UNIVERSAL PLAYER 1 ADVANTAGE. Stop baiting people off of mk9's legacy, yall barely even understood p1 advantage in that too
Firstly, let me say that I love MK9 just as much as you do and distinctly remember P1 Advantage from that game and how it amped up characters like Johnny Cage.

Secondly, I never stated or implied MK1's version of P1 Advantage is in any way similar to how MK9's was. As a matter of fact, in some of the comments of the video, I explained that MK9's version of it was completely different than MK1's.

But the fact is, this bug does give the edge to Player 1, so calling it Player 1 Advantage makes perfect sense to me and does harken back to the game that MK1 borrowed the most from. Plus, I knew that giving my video that title would immediately raise eyebrows and hopefully get tournament players to take notice and hopefully test their BnBs and do what they could to spread the word to NRS.

I'm not saying that your reply was directed at me, but I wanted to clarify for the record what the thought process was for naming my video what I named it.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Firstly, let me say that I love MK9 just as much as you do and distinctly remember P1 Advantage from that game and how it amped up characters like Johnny Cage.

Secondly, I never stated or implied MK1's version of P1 Advantage is in any way similar to how MK9's was. As a matter of fact, in some of the comments of the video, I explained that MK9's version of it was completely different than MK1's.

But the fact is, this bug does give the edge to Player 1, so calling it Player 1 Advantage makes perfect sense to me and does harken back to the game that MK1 borrowed the most from. Plus, I knew that giving my video that title would immediately raise eyebrows and hopefully get tournament players to take notice and hopefully test their BnBs and do what they could to spread the word to NRS.

I'm not saying that your reply was directed at me, but I wanted to clarify for the record what the thought process was for naming my video what I named it.
Instead of saying p1 advantage you should take the approach of my character is bugged on p2 side. P1 advantage means so much more and it's a universal thing. It's not universal. It's specific off of shit in the air too. It's clearly a bug. I think its possible that invasions p2 code leaked over but in my testing it only seems like p2 is one frame off of these specific "p2 side" strings

And I’d just like it stated for the record, that I hold WB just as accountable, if not moreso, than NRS.

What started out as a blessing in the MK9-MKX era has turned into just another cash grab for WB. It being one of my favorite series of all time makes it sting even more. Now we get games that barely merit the $70+ price tag, with micro transactions aplenty. Granted, that’s more of an issue with the gaming industry as a whole, but I’m not going to pretend like those strings aren’t being pulled by WB when it comes to MK.
i would love to see NRS go to a better parent company where they actually get the resources to polish and support their games more, but i dont see that happening and i also wouldnt know what company that would be. microsoft and sony are great for devs, but i wouldnt want mk to become an exclusive. all the other big publishers arent any better then WB.

Last edited: