What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Ok, had to watch it again to refresh my memory. You're right, the wrist twist after he "catches" the dagger is unnecessary and disrupts the flow of the movement. Probably should have been slow-mo twisting the whole time to turn the motion of the spatter into his own stabbing motion. As is, it looks more staged and less real.

Oh well. A good editor can still cut out some of that gratuitous styling and make it look better. If this trailer was rushed out, they're probably still editing the movie now to clean it up.
Damn some folks are picky. I'm just happy to have another MK movie (and one that's rated R.)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Damn some folks are picky. I'm just happy to have another MK movie (and one that's rated R.)
I think we should be picky. We've been waiting for how long for this movie...... I want it to rock because I want it to grow in popularity and get a movie universe going as they plan. I want a movie that will please fans and general audiences alike. If they were making the movie just for me, i wouldnt care about the details so much but they arent. By demanding a better product, its the only way of hopefully getting a better product.

I think we should be picky. We've been waiting for how long for this movie...... I want it to rock because I want it to grow in popularity and get a movie universe going as they plan. I want a movie that will please fans and general audiences alike. If they were making the movie just for me, i wouldnt care about the details so much but they arent. By demanding a better product, its the only way of hopefully getting a better product.
While true, there are some people who'd throw a fit if Sonya was a strawberry blonde instead of a dirty blonde their complaints get so granular. Color me cautiously optimistic

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
One of the producers for this MK movie is Lawrence Kasanoff, who you may know from his stellar work on Mortal Kombat Annihilation.
He was the main creative force behind Annihilation, and I have no doubt that this whack ass Reptile was one of his contributions to the new movie.
Thanks, Larry.
That worries me a lot because who knows how much input he has had on the movie........

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That worries me a lot because who knows how much input he has had on the movie........
Kasanoff, sadly, is in control of all MK television, film and comic productions. He made the deal for those rights decades ago, and has held onto them. He has A LOT of say. He was quite humbled by the disastrous Annihilation, so that has helped a bit.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I refuse to believe that's Reptile. Its design is hideous and they wouldn't spoil his death like that in a trailer.

I bet its the old "lets fool the people into believing we killed off Reptile" part of the trailer.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I refuse to believe that's Reptile. Its design is hideous and they wouldn't spoil his death like that in a trailer.

I bet its the old "lets fool the people into believing we killed off Reptile" part of the trailer.
They spoil multiple deaths in the trailer lol

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Mileena gets her stomach ripped open
Kabal is about to get eaten by Liu's dragon (granted its not seen)
Reiko gets his head clapped by Jax
And ofc Reptile
  • Kabal doesn't seem defeated nor do we see him die.
  • At no point has it been confirmed that this is Reiko being killed by Jax. Its speculation. For all we know, this is just some random goon. Oh, and you don't see him die either even though he most likely does. Just pointing that out.
I guess I missed Mileena being gutted by Sonya's fireball. This is the first confirmed death of a main character it seems. Though, it seems pretty weird to me that that is her fatality.

I still don't buy it being Reptile getting killed. Like, they show one shot of him and thats him getting killed? I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I really don't see them blueballing any of the gore. If someone sets up for a fatality, they're more than likely gonna die. Could be wrong tho

trufenix

bye felicia
Why do you think so?
for starters, there's no plot in that trailer. Like none. And thats scary, considering its release is two months away. Something about a tournament and champions, but fuck all about how, why or where. And literally all of that dialogue was voice over. Not one shot of actual plot happening during the movie, just a lot of random action scenes. Uh, yay? Second, I mean, look at it. If you didn't already know what Mortal Kombat was and who these characters are and what they are probably going to do, would you be interested in any of the principle characters? Or would you be interested in the laser eye guy, the ice guy, and the fire guy, and all the other monsters who you know only make up about 30 minutes of the movie. Meanwhile, the trailer spoils Jax, Scorpion's transformation, Goro, and Liu Kang's dragon powers.

Yawn.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
for starters, there's no plot in that trailer. Like none. And thats scary, considering its release is two months away. Something about a tournament and champions, but fuck all about how, why or where. And literally all of that dialogue was voice over. Not one shot of actual plot happening during the movie, just a lot of random action scenes. Uh, yay? Second, I mean, look at it. If you didn't already know what Mortal Kombat was and who these characters are and what they are probably going to do, would you be interested in any of the principle characters? Or would you be interested in the laser eye guy, the ice guy, and the fire guy, and all the other monsters who you know only make up about 30 minutes of the movie. Meanwhile, the trailer spoils Jax, Scorpion's transformation, Goro, and Liu Kang's dragon powers.

Yawn.
I respect your opinion.
That said, I don’t know how presenting MK to a film audience of people who don’t know the lore or know it fully, is supposed to work.
Honestly, they could have had a teaser or two earlier that was character-based, then a full trailer that was more plot focused.
perhaps that would have been better than cramming it all into under three minutes.
Is your issue specifically with the trailer itself, or are you just disappointed in the look/feel of the MK stuff in general?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Didn't think it could be more garbage than the previous movies, but it definitely looks like I was wrong.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
It's not about being picky. No one (who should be taken seriously anyway) will judge the movie based on the color of Sonya's hair or Mileena's skin. But the fight scenes matter to everyone; they'll determine how the movie is remembered.

This was a small bit of choreography, but it was visually jarring enough to catch my attention, even when I wasn't looking for something to criticize. Tiny detail, but it doesn't take many of these for a staged fight to go from real, immersive, and exciting, to fake, disjointed, and boring. I'm rooting for the movie to succeed here, that's the only reason I point it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.