What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.

Reiko's gonna get his head clapped. I'm looking forward to watching the movie but I'm more excited to read what fans are going to say once released, should be spicy.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
dialogue sounds cringe af

Some of the chars look really weak

But I will watch and have my popcorn ready lol

Am I stupid for hoping for a crazy upbeat electronic soundtrack like 1995? lol

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Seriously though... this was enough to make me look forward to seeing the movie. The dialogue already sounds Razzie Award-worthy so I'm not optimistic about the acting either, but ehh... the visuals seem pretty good and the fights are what's going to carry the movie anyway.

Point of personal preference, I don't care for ninjas being dressed in heavy armor, like they are here. It just doesn't fit the actual "ninja" part of their identity, or the image I have of the classic ninjas from MK1/MK2 (my own benchmark source material). Minor quibble though (I know that's where the modern take has gone). I think Shang Tsung looks great though; seems like they nailed him.

Overall, seems like a fun watch!

So maybe the Mileena we're seeing is a clone cause she definitely gets a hole blown through her by Sonya during the Finish Them montage.
They should sell replicas of that Raiden hat as popcorn bowls, too.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
not a big fan of Mileena ... really wish they went all out on the monster face : (

It always amazes me how cosplay dudes get it so near perfect, with next to no resources.. but films with millions of dollars fuck it up so badly. If they wanted they could have made her look so awesome.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Prediction: Cole Young is Scorpion. He is a reincarnation of Hanzo Hasashi. Or he is descendant of Scorpion (or connected to in some other way) and will be a Takeda like inspired character. The vision he gets of Scorpion in the trailer and the yellow hand wraps are tells. Could just be the way they cut the trailer though to throw us off so who really knows. Other prediction: Cole Young = Takeda in MK11...lol.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
not a big fan of Mileena ... really wish they went all out on the monster face : (

It always amazes me how cosplay dudes get it so near perfect, with next to no resources.. but films with millions of dollars fuck it up so badly. If they wanted they could have made her look so awesome.
She's going to have the monster face though.

Her cheeks are going split open and reveal her teeth. If you go frame by frame in the trailer when she licks the sai, you can see very subtle tearing from the corners of her mouth (And the obvious Joker scars are an indication of that.). And it's confirmed both by Sisi and I believe the Director that there's more of her than what we see in the trailer. She's going to have her monster mouth, but in a way that makes it easy for the budget while still keeping her true to the character, I'm assuming.

And I imagine that if we don't get a hint at Kitana in the movie (Besides the obvious fan from the trailer.) Then we'll get a sequel where we'll see Sisi return as Kitana. At least I hope so. Kitana's appearance in this movie could easily be one of the things kept surprise because Sisi's already there lol. Just put her in something blue and you get a Kitana cameo.

I just hope Mileena is more fleshed out than, "Okay here's this character, she's evil and she's one of Shang Tsung's lackeys. She'll have 2 lines of dialogue total, show off her teeth once, and then die <3. There's your fan service." Cause there seems to be a lot going on in this movie so I hope we didn't see all 3 of her scenes from the movie in the trailer lmao.

And if she DOES die I'm not gonna be too worried or upset cause it is Mortal Kombat. I'll just be happy with some super badass scenes from her.

This looks absolutely incredible for a mortal kombat movie. I'm fucking shocked that tym isn't more hype for this. Like what else are you comparing it to? What have you been watching the past few years? Lol, legendary was hot garbage, the anime was dope but wayyy more cringy than this, and even the game's story modes have been corny as fuck. Mk9 was straight cheese, MKX had some cool moments, as did MK11 and aftermath but both fell victim to the good guy only chapter point of view, forcing many characters to become jobbers.

Like my bar for this movie could not have been lower, I expected R rated annihilation (which it still might turn out to be, who knows). I was gonna have to smoke a ton of weed in order to dumb myself down to be entertained but from this trailer i don't think i"ll need to. I'm still gonna smoke or drink before.....but yeah, I don't HAVE to now. lol

So yeah, looks WAY better than I expected. Even tiny pocket Raiden. Raiden's mini me. Or Kid Thunder cameo perhaps? haha

NoCharge

Noob
TYM: “why can’t we get a new MK movie, one that’s violent, and with people who are actually great martial artists? We’d love that!!”
Also TYM: “Raiden is too short. Mileena is too black. Cole is too Young.”
Imagine If Jax was other than black though.

Also I will say, this is a bad time to be a Reptile fan if they just off'd my lonely lil lizard man in the fuckin trailer lol. Like not only does he look like something out of star trek, but he just got jobber'd and killed off in the anime last year. AND he's missed out on MK11.

Reptile is the scaly, acid spitting Rodney Dangerfield of MK

Status
Not open for further replies.