What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao More pictures for Kung Lao's variation + Special force division stage confirmation

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
From the description, that Tempest variation sounds like some sort Black Adam trait/SF Rose ability. But improved.

Not bad, not bad at all.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
From the description, that Tempest variation sounds like some sort Black Adam trait/SF Rose ability. But improved.

Not bad, not bad at all.
not really, this variation is similar to his gameplay in Shaolin Monks gameplay

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
not really, this variation is similar to his gameplay in Shaolin Monks gameplay
I was going off of being able to have the hat hover around you as a shield of armor or so, and it being described as a defensive property in that variation. Sounds very similar to Adam's and Rose's abilities to me as I can see Lao's hat circling him as a shield in the exact same manner.

Though I am not familiar with that Shaolin Monks game in the slightest. What from that game can he do that sounds similar to the Tempest variation?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was going off of being able to have the hat hover around you as a shield of armor or so, and it being described as a defensive property in that variation. Sounds very similar to Adam's and Rose's abilities to me as I can see Lao's hat circling him as a shield in the exact same manner.

Though I am not familiar with that Shaolin Monks game in the slightest. What from that game can he do that sounds similar to the Tempest variation?
Hat Satellite, that is what i though too.

Tempest will definitely give him free pressure with the hat circling over his body, i wonder if its going to be fast or fully un-touchable, or if we will be able to hit him when his hat is circling anywhere else.

The Hat Trick one seems very prominent to use meaty setups lol. Interesting stuff.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hat Satellite, that is what i though too.

Tempest will definitely give him free pressure with the hat circling over his body, i wonder if its going to be fast or fully un-touchable, or if we will be able to hit him when his hat is circling anywhere else.

The Hat Trick one seems very prominent to use meaty setups lol. Interesting stuff.
I think it'll be something that is consistently there until removed by the opponent or Kung Lao. It can't imagine it not being a strong tool.

You're right about hat trick though. The set ups seem too great just thinking about them. Lao seems like he may be as diverse as a character can be this time around. By the variations descriptions he seems equipped to handle all styles of gameplay.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
So do I. I can only think of one thing to say: Broke as fuck out the gate.

His variations seem way too damn good. But alas, we don't know anything outside of their description, but still. I foresee some massive complaints about this guy, lol.
totally agreed bro! I mean now he can move towards you while doing the spin???? really NRS???

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
totally agreed bro! I mean now he can move towards you while doing the spin???? really NRS???
Similarly to how he could do it in MK9. Granted, back then it required meter, but MKX already seems to have all kinda of hilarious stuff, so...

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
For balance purposes, I hope he doens't have his teleport move this time around or at least not in all three variations