What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

How many chests have you unlocked so far? I am at 418. But I don't know where the remaining chests are. After forging Shinnok's amulett and inserting it next to the other 2 artefacts, the Krypt seems complete?! There is just nowhere to go anymore...

Still need to unlock Noob Saibot's Fatality. It's the only one missing. It is random or in a character chest that costs 250 hearts?
His second fatality is d,d,d,1 up close. Dont need to unlock it. There is a shao kahn chest in goros lair on a path to an elevator that has some noob stuff in it

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
10 head kabobs: Unlocks Shang Tsung's main throne room.
15 head kabobs: Unlocks the second door in the room.
25 head kabobs: Unlocks the third and final door in the room.

Holy fuck NRS.
If you play the game, you will end up fulfilling these requirements naturally. What’s the problem exactly?

His second fatality is d,d,d,1 up close. Dont need to unlock it. There is a shao kahn chest in goros lair on a path to an elevator that has some noob stuff in it
I know the inputs, I just like to have them all unlocked so I can see the inputs in the menu lol. Btw, I unlocked it already in the Dojo.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Damn OK. I'll have to get off my ass to find them when I hear them, in that case.
It’s about every 4 minutes or so. They usually have decent augments, or even hearts/souls in them when you smash them. If I’m not doing anything, I load up the Krypt and hang out at the entrance to the courtyard, looking toward the moon. When the meteors crash down, profit.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Already got all 25 heads. I was farming them. But I agree they will come naturally over time just by plaing the game.
How long did it take you? I have over 800 fatalities, majority of them from towers since I haven't done any online. And I don't have a single head. I've been setting my AI to grind the Survival tower. I'm starting to wonder if those don't count

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Refilling chests adds more than consumables. It also adds concept art, and potentially skins. I got a Johnny Cage skin from a chest I'm almost certain was a reroll. It was in a common spot, so I don't think I missed it on my first run

How long did it take you? I have over 800 fatalities, majority of them from towers since I haven't done any online. And I don't have a single head. I've been setting my AI to grind the Survival tower. I'm starting to wonder if those don't count
It took me about 2 or 3 days lol. Survivor Tower DOES count and it's the fastest way to do it. They will pop eventually :)

I am all out of Skeleton Keys, so I can't find Reptile lol. Also no more chests to open haha. Do I have to re-fill them to get new skeleton keys?

How many chests have you unlocked so far? I am at 418. But I don't know where the remaining chests are. After forging Shinnok's amulett and inserting it next to the other 2 artefacts, the Krypt seems complete?! There is just nowhere to go anymore...
Maybe the ~150 soul spires will fill in the rest. Have you opened them as well? If not, I'm wondering if they add to your # of chests opened, so post results if you test it to find out.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
ya, i would assume the green bodies and soul pillar things were included in the "600 chests" statement they made on the Kast last week

If you play the game, you will end up fulfilling these requirements naturally. What’s the problem exactly?
Actually, if you play the towers*, I think. I really like to play online and it seems that if I use a fatality it doesnt count . It's absurd. I wouldn't be grinding that much if I could just actually play the game online and get the heads. :(

Do I get skeleton keys if I re-fill chests? I already opened all chests that were available to me and ran out of skeleton keys. I need one to get to Reptile's hidden cave. I know there are chests in his cave. but as of now, i have no acces to them :(

I just got Cetrion's head from the Survivor tower. Ideally this means you're roughly 2/3 done with all the heads!

Do I get skeleton keys if I re-fill chests? I already opened all chests that were available to me and ran out of skeleton keys. I need one to get to Reptile's hidden cave. I know there are chests in his cave. but as of now, i have no acces to them :(
Dunno, but you can also get skeleton keys from the green soul spires/bodies.