What's new

more ermac help ?

Im once again struggling with ermac. :oops:

Both of these combos found in the character guide
5. (for a punisher or counter to a jump in attack) aaHP, TKS, aaHP,HP, JK, TKS, aaHP,HP, aaHP, JK 8 hits 82%

6. (Opponent at Midscreen) TKS, aaHP,HP, teleport punch (miss), aaHP, JK, TKS, aaHP,HP, aaHP, JK 8 hits 82%

I have extreme problems hitting 3 hp's im wondering how this sid eon as im beginning to think its impossible :\

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
For the last 4 hits, you have to connect the initial two aaHPs as high as possible, almost as if they were going to go over you, then cancel that second HP with the run button, enabling the 3rd aaHP to be connected easier, and cancel that with run too so you can get the JK.

any videos of this (Opponent at Midscreen) TKS, aaHP,HP, teleport punch (miss), aaHP, JK, TKS, aaHP,HP, aaHP, JK 8 hits 82% . I have put in hours trying this combo never done it when it was unblockable

Shock said:
For the last 4 hits, you have to connect the initial two aaHPs as high as possible, almost as if they were going to go over you, then cancel that second HP with the run button, enabling the 3rd aaHP to be connected easier, and cancel that with run too so you can get the JK.
I was looking over the general guide for run cancelling and i found glitch cancelling which i prersume is the same thing.

However im still unsure as to how to do this correctly. WHen i try to cancel it the second punch hits but my guy just stands there after it.

Any ides what im doing wrong?

It's most deffinitely not the same thing. Straight from the guide:
Glitch Canceling:

Many special moves in MK have a number of hits you can do before that move is locked. Moves like the Harpoon and teleport punch have a limit of 4 hits and the moves are essentially turned off. MKII did not really have a feature like this, but they start implimenting time limit usage on moves, which still exists in UMK3. You can cancel a LP, HP, JP, or JK on the frame of contact, into a special move with a hit limit, one hit beyond that limit. In other games this technique is referred to as "Just Frames" meaning essentially you have just one frame in 60 to get this to work.

When you "cancel" a HP or LP you are just making that attack recover faster. If you do aaHPHP normally it is nearly impossible to walk forward and connect a third HP. If you cancel, the animation for the second HP will end right after it connects, so there's almost no recovery and you can start walking forward sooner and get the third HP easier. You would also cancel that third one so you can jump sooner to get the JK to connect, otherwise it will whiff. BTW you can cancel with any button like LK, block, run, etc.

This is essentially what you are pressing for this combo:
aaHP, B,F,B,HK, HP HP run, JK, B,F,B,HK, HP HP run (hold F now), HP run, JK

very nicely explained DAVE thanks very much

however the TKS is B,D,B not B,F,B :)
Thanks for the explanation of run canceling.

EnterTheGecko

RS 3+4, +4 bitches!
Using Dave's canceling breakdown system; when would you input the canceling for this combo? HK, LP, JK, RH, (or aaHP), TKS, aaHPHP, JK, RH, HK, (or LK) 9 hits 64% (58%)

dreemernj

Ambassador
EnterTheGecko said:
Using Dave's canceling breakdown system; when would you input the canceling for this combo?

HK, LP, JK, RH, (or aaHP), TKS, aaHPHP TAP RUN, JK, RH, HK, (or LK) 9 hits 64%

(58%)
Added TAP RUN where you would press it to recover faster. It's the only place to do so in that combo.

If you use aaHP instead of roundhouse before the TKS, you use the TKS to cancel the aaHP instead of tapping run to make it recover faster.

You could and should cancel any HP or HPx2 (with run or whichever button you use). Again, there is no need to cancel with run if you are going to do a special like TKS, because all specials cancel HPs as well.

EnterTheGecko

RS 3+4, +4 bitches!
I can get the HK, LP, aaHP, TKS, aaHP,HP, JK, to connect. Im just having difficulty getting that RH, LK to connect. Im whiffing that RH in the last part of the combo. Now I get that push back from the first aaHP before I do the TKS. That's normal right? I can record that and just let you see it Dave; if that would get a better picture of what im doing wrong.

i have been working on this combo alot. Use an AAlp instead it still does 100% in the end and hits with a lot more regularity as far as the RH LK it is very difficult. But Run canceling has the last set of high punch has taken my success rate from around 20% to over 75%. To see how well you can run cancel just pratice TKS aaHPHP (run) aaHP (run) aajk in the mid screen just doing that part helped my run cancel timing a lot