What's new

Video/Tutorial More cool lex tech and things

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Btw, I shouldn't say "most of the cast" I meant more "some of the cast". A lot of the cast has wakeups that will trade in their favor or can evade it in some way.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There's a way you can do it that will still let you block quick tech rolled wakeups (at least it worked against Cyborg's swag punch) instead of having to trade it, but idk how to get it consistently yet. I need to keep testing j2/d2 timing.

Jon Berg

Noob
Instead of doing the jump at the end to reverse wakeups, cant you just dash forward into them to do it instead? And it will work 100% of the time.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Out of curiosity, why are you doing D2 Missiles instead of B2>orbital lasers. It's essentially the same situation and then if they get hit by laser you can just trait or throw a drone to reset the situation and do another High/low mixup. Plus in this situation you can block the wakeup and react to whether or not they get hit by laser.

This is cool, but seems meter intensive.

EDIT: Maybe I'm retarded, but I thought those missiles were unblockable? How were they getting blocked?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Because your word is bond. You state it, no need to discuss it. Plus after losing to lasers and batarangs I rather tie my dick in a knot and get an erection before I even think about Lex again...

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I know you are showing tech, but to get a little more percentage you could do...

b13, mb vac, F3, b2, 11, u3, mb orbital. You do 29% instead of 25% and still get the trade and also if you don't want to risk messing up taking out the 11 will still do 27% and trade.

I like using in the corner since u3 gives you a lot of time and if they wake up you can block it, they either block or get hit by the probe and you can trait up in the corner.

To me it looks like they get hit at the same time if they roll too.

I'm getting hit or miss on the corner reversal.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding something because I wanna be the next NYCFAB.

zaf

professor
I actually watched this....

Lex is like one of my favorites in this game because of the demo.
I still bet he is a lot of fun to play as.

Tyler, in a perfect world, what do you think the ermac lex mu would be ?

Just wanna say you can get 31% with B13, MB vac, F3, J2, B2, U3 MC orbital strikes. However, whenever I turned roll mode off and tried to have them block the missiles for the mixup, the missiles would always hit, so I dunno if thats a good or bad thing but I think its because they aren't as high on the U3 so they get up a little quicker.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Instead of doing the jump at the end to reverse wakeups, cant you just dash forward into them to do it instead? And it will work 100% of the time.
No, because I didn't think of it.

Out of curiosity, why are you doing D2 Missiles instead of B2>orbital lasers. It's essentially the same situation and then if they get hit by laser you can just trait or throw a drone to reset the situation and do another High/low mixup. Plus in this situation you can block the wakeup and react to whether or not they get hit by laser.

This is cool, but seems meter intensive.

EDIT: Maybe I'm retarded, but I thought those missiles were unblockable? How were they getting blocked?
1. That sounds like it's easy to escape but I haven't tested it. The thing about blocking the wakeup is that I want something where I don't have to care if they're waking up safely or not.

2. Because the missiles don't actually OTG, you're invincible to the first missile at that point. Only the first missile is unblockable

I know you are showing tech, but to get a little more percentage you could do...

b13, mb vac, F3, b2, 11, u3, mb orbital. You do 29% instead of 25% and still get the trade and also if you don't want to risk messing up taking out the 11 will still do 27% and trade.

I like using in the corner since u3 gives you a lot of time and if they wake up you can block it, they either block or get hit by the probe and you can trait up in the corner.

To me it looks like they get hit at the same time if they roll too.

I'm getting hit or miss on the corner reversal.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding something because I wanna be the next NYCFAB.
I'm worried about something like that because you're allowing for a lot more gravity to be a factor. That's why I kept it simple with as low gravity as you can get in a realistic combo. All the u3 setups I've tried like that, every character can tech roll and crossover. But I could see.

Are those your spitoons behind your tv?
No

More videos please! BTW, where is the Lex video thread?!?
There's like no Lex videos lol so I guess no one bothered to make one.

Tyler, in a perfect world, what do you think the ermac lex mu would be ?
8-1 Ermac

Just wanna say you can get 31% with B13, MB vac, F3, J2, B2, U3 MC orbital strikes. However, whenever I turned roll mode off and tried to have them block the missiles for the mixup, the missiles would always hit, so I dunno if thats a good or bad thing but I think its because they aren't as high on the U3 so they get up a little quicker.
That's exactly the thing I was talking about. When you have more gravity like that combo, it hits them as they're getting up and stuffs a lot of wakeups (sometimes even supers). But with roll mode on, wakeups beat it out more and you can crossover to avoid the missiles.

Less gravity = more time to let missiles come out = better chance of stuffing escape attempts with or without roll or getting a trade that still gives you a combo. I want their only options to be roll into super or guessing a 50/50.

zaf

professor
No, because I didn't think of it.

1. That sounds like it's easy to escape but I haven't tested it. The thing about blocking the wakeup is that I want something where I don't have to care if they're waking up safely or not.

2. Because the missiles don't actually OTG, you're invincible to the first missile at that point. Only the first missile is unblockable

I'm worried about something like that because you're allowing for a lot more gravity to be a factor. That's why I kept it simple with as low gravity as you can get in a realistic combo. All the u3 setups I've tried like that, every character can tech roll and crossover. But I could see.

No

There's like no Lex videos lol so I guess no one bothered to make one.

8-1 Ermac

That's exactly the thing I was talking about. When you have more gravity like that combo, it hits them as they're getting up and stuffs a lot of wakeups (sometimes even supers). But with roll mode on, wakeups beat it out more and you can crossover to avoid the missiles.

Less gravity = more time to let missiles come out = better chance of stuffing escape attempts with or without roll or getting a trade that still gives you a combo. I want their only options to be roll into super or guessing a 50/50.

Fuck yea. Get raped lex.

Thead

Noob
rev0lver What do you make of this?

Charge after the U3 leaves you with a HKD at ridiculous advantage for some reason.

Probe can be replaced with MB Laser (Trades with Corp Charge [Lex] for 14%, trades for 10% and allows follow up combo against Acid Blossom [Joker], some characters can avoid completely [Flash - Flying Headbutt]), or with Trait Dash; which still allows you to punish a 6f Wakeup Corp Charge.

I just used the Probe to give a 50/50 situation if they don't use a Wakeup.

Combo: B13~Grav Pull MB, F3, Ji3, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 38%

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Charge after the U3 leaves you with a HKD at ridiculous advantage for some reason.

Probe can be replaced with MB Laser (Trades with Corp Charge [Lex] for 14%, trades for 10% and allows follow up combo against Acid Blossom [Joker], some characters can avoid completely [Flash - Flying Headbutt]), or with Trait Dash; which still allows you to punish a 6f Wakeup Corp Charge.

I just used the Probe to give a 50/50 situation if they don't use a Wakeup.

Combo: B13~Grav Pull MB, F3, Ji3, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 38%
Nice. I can't test it now, but if you trait dash do you have enough time to block the wakeup, or only armor it? I've been looking for ways to setup trait safely against things like DD mb shoulder rush, which usually makes you eat the first hit. Same with flash spear wakeup thing.

Thead

Noob
Nice. I can't test it now, but if you trait dash do you have enough time to block the wakeup, or only armor it? I've been looking for ways to setup trait safely against things like DD mb shoulder rush, which usually makes you eat the first hit. Same with flash spear wakeup thing.
Corp Charge will hit your Amour, but you can punish it on recovery.

Doomsdays Venom (shoulder charge) is fully blockable after you've Trait Dashed.

What Flash move are you talking about?

This situation is also set up with an overhead : F2, 11, 11, 11, U3 Corp Charge - 30%

Thead

Noob
The torpedo thing. Meter burned on wakeup usually kills armor
Not sure what you mean lol. Just tested all of Flashes wakeups (albeit can't be MB) including Super. Lex has enough advantage to Trait Dash and block everything. Flash can only Wakeup with Flying Uppercut (45 degree angle thing) which throws him over Lexs head and out of the corner, although this can be punished with Corp Charge on recovery (still retaining armour). Or you can Backdash instead of Forward dash if you're expecting it.

Side note, against smaller characters such as Flash, you have to hit the Ji3 really late, otherwise U3 knocks him to high for Corp Charge to connect.