What's new

Montreal Mayhem #1: A New Beginning... Three Weeks Later!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #1
While this is the third week that the newly revived Montreal RanBats have been run, it was only now that it was given a name, which is why this is the first Montreal Mayhem but, not the first week of the RanBat.

With that all cleared up, I was very happy with the new and returning faces that showed up this week. Even if we haven't broken more then 10 entrants for either game yet, I'm really happy with where this is going and I see a bright future if we can keep at it.

Anyways enough with the idle chatter, it's time to delve into the results of this week.

Injustice

Before we all even met up on Sunday, @Jer had mentioned that he was doing some 'Dark Training' for Injustice. While many speculated what he meant by this very few thought that he was training his D1 xx Trident Rush in the dark depths of Atlantis.

Moving from a returning player to a brand new one, @rehti showed up to his first Injustice offline event and displayed an impressive Joker!

Unfortunately both these players hit early road blocks as the Winners Finals match came down to returning champ's @Ecodus 's Catwoman and @T.roll 's Martian Manhunter. While T.Roll did his best but, Ecodus' superior understanding of the game allowed him to pull out the victory despite some... Suspicious moments where, Catwoman literally disappeared for a second after armouring through a MMH orb. He was inspected for possible Game Shark usage but, the officials saw no evidence of such allowing for Ecodus to safely take the 3 - 1 victory.

T.Roll's luck continued to plummet as he was paired up with @xQUANTUMx 's Superman in Loser's Finals. While this was a runback from earlier in the event that T.Roll won, it didn't go so well this time around. As Superman in true heroic fashion turned the tide of the battle at the last second using superman punches ring in the laser show allowing Quantum to take the set with a clean 3 - 0.

Superman's heroics could only carry Quantum so far as the Grand Finals where Ecodus's Catwoman stood ready to take another weekly... Which he did with a 3 - 1.

1. Ecodus (Catwoman) [9 Points]
2. Quantum (Superman) [6 Points]
3. T.Roll (Martian Manhunter, Harley Quinn, Catwoman) [3 Points]
4. Charlie (Lobo) [1 Point]
5. Rethi (Joker)
5. hard_goodbye (Catwoman)
7. Darkbloom (Bane, Deathstroke, Batgirl)
7. MTL Bacon (Wonderwoman)
9. Jer (Aquaman)

Mortal Kombat
On the MK side of things we had @Darkbloom try his hand at the game for the first time, where he actually got a win in his first Mortal Kombat offline event. A very good start for him.
Additionally, the two who basically ran the Mortal Kombat scene for the longest time finally came out to a MK weekly RanBat since it's revival. Jer and @zaf came as ready as they always are when it comes to this game.

It was no surprise that it was a Zaf vs Jer winners finals match, that pitted Ermac and Mileena against each other in a match Montreal has seen many times before. On this occasion Zaf made all the right moves allowing him to take the set with a 3 - 0, including an amazing come back that had people nodding their heads in approval.

The Losers finals side of things pitted Jer and T.Roll against each other. Jer once again showed just how dominate he is in this game taking down T.Roll's Cage and Kabal for a 3 - 0 on his own.

In the Grand Finals rematch, Zaf showed everyone that he really did keep hitting the Mortal Kombat train grind as he beat Jer's Mileena and Kenshi with his Ermac. This set also ended in a 3 - 0 as Zaf mopped up the MK RanBat points.

1. Zaf (Ermac) [8 Points]
2. Jer (Mileena, Kenshi) [6 Points]
3. T.Roll (Cage, Kabal) [4 Points]
4. Charlie (Cyrax) [2 Points]
5. Ecodus (Reptile, Kitana)
5. Darkbloom (Liu Kang, Smoke)

7. Hard_goodbye (Cage)
7. MTL Bacon (Sektor)

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Ecodus [18 Points]
Quantum [8 Points]
DarkBloom [6 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [6 Points]
MTL Bacon [6 Points]
T.Roll [3 Points]
Charlie [1 Point]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Charlie [13 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
T.Roll [8 Points]
Jer [6 Points]
MTL Bacon [4 Points]

Conclusion
Was another fun week, was great seeing everyone playing some great sets. Tournament ran quick and smoothly except when we were waiting on converters but, even then it all ran great. Thanks to all of you that showed. Let's keep growing this community.

Hopefully we'll be getting a stream, or at the very least match recordings ready in the weeks to come. Until then I suppose we'll all have to deal with these mediocre write ups.

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. If you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

Last edited:

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Wow... Babying someone at their first MK event. Confirmed bully status. Makes you wonder why the Montreal MK community was only like three people for 2 years haha ;)

Then again he did body you with Bane in Injustice so, alls fair ;D
I actually didn't know it was his first MK tournament lol. It's just what that game brings out in my, if I could baby in Injustice, I would do it. I really hope Arthur Curry doesn't get his back broken again next week :(

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I actually didn't know it was his first MK tournament lol. It's just what that game brings out in my, if I could baby in Injustice, I would do it. I really hope Arthur Curry doesn't get his back broken again next week :(
Hue hue hue

Needs moar trident rush

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Oh bacon. I only used liu kang for casuals.
I was playing Charlie in MK1 when I turned back to see you guys playing I saw Liu vs Kenshi and thought it was still tournament which doesn't make sense since you had a 3 - 0. Will fix. (I'm the best organizer)

zaf

professor
I was playing Charlie in MK1 when I turned back to see you guys playing I saw Liu vs Kenshi and thought it was still tournament which doesn't make sense since you had a 3 - 0. Will fix. (I'm the best organizer)
Lol no prob.. It was just games for fun. Id use liu kang but not against jer since he can just go mileena. Dont like that mu. She ducks under everything

Awseome write up as usual bacon. Made me laugh a lot, and @Chimbz that s sick man, you should definitely come on sundays. Loved our games online and would love to have a main dumsday, cause @T.roll his only works when he is drunk.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Awseome write up as usual bacon. Made me laugh a lot, and @Chimbz that s sick man, you should definitely come on sundays. Loved our games online and would love to have a main dumsday, cause @T.roll his only works when he is drunk.
Haha I don't main doomsday bro. I was just trolling noobs with ES in the corner until they rage quit. I main aquaman and NW. I'll do my best to come this Sunday. Add me on my main account, Chimbimba123, we'll do some sets if you're down.