What's new

Modders: Working on a stickless concept, need input plz

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
This is a stickless concept, modeled in 3D, that my brother in law and I have been working on. This is one of two versions, the other is basically the same, only reversed with the flat side forward. Hoping to have it completed in a month or so, its gonna be pricey, as it will be cnc milled out of a single block of acrylic. The concept uses 30mm buttons all around. My question, to you hardcore guys, what are your experiences with getting something so large cut from acrylic, and what are some things to watch out for when it comes to drilling acrylic, working with it, etc.

-b_s- :headbang:

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
I think the drill bit you use is important and also the speed in which you drill. I think you have to do it quite slowly, so you won't crack the Acrylic / Perspex / Plexiglass.... That was what I had to do when I tried to do my DDR platform.

Anyway, back on topic, when you are drilling through the perspex, just take your time and don't go to fast with the drill as you may cause the acrylic to melt, due to the heat generated.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thx man. Hoping to make this a real thing very soon. I mean, it is pretty bad ass :D

aj1701

Noob
Wow, that's sick. Why'd you switch the flat side to be toward you? Also, the directional buttons look a bit too close to the other ones for me.

Are you planning on producing these, or is this just for you?

Definately keep this thread up to date with what you've done. It looks killer.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well that's how my bro wants his, mine is gonna be the other way. Just seems like it'll feel better. As,soon as we have the units done, I'm thinkin about selling at least the acrylic box pre drilled for screws/usb feed thru and blank-predrilled/cut mdf panels. We will just have to see how much the cost on it is. I also plan on doing an MK layout concept as well.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Here's the revised concept, still lookin for ANYONE who can help me source out a place that does custom acrylic work, cnc cutting from solid stock is a must for the case on this project.