What's new

Modders Unlock TAG Fighters... claim it is a hidden mode not yet released.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
People were reporting about this early in the release cycle.

I wonder if it’s a placeholder for a more fleshed out mode, or just remnant code of a scrapped idea.

Kameos have really been THE feature of MK1, and tag mode kinda completely does away with them. Unless the plan is to give a kameo for every main roster character then tag could incorporate both?

Either way, this demo looks cool :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
tag mode, I don't know, it seems was not so popular in MK9 .... Ed Boon has said that the data information collection they did at that time, showed it was not so much fan favourite ......

I would like a future MK game, with that KOF format : you pick a team of 3 fighter , and play each round with one of them ..... but not using tag team mode gameplay mechanic , but, each one playing a round per time, without assistance

Would be so cool having a team with Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Smoke, hehe

Last edited:

rifraf

Noob
Heh, it seems to me that's probably how Kameos started and then evolved into what we have today. This game is an homage to MK9 through and through anyway.

I could be wrong and this could come in an expansion, but I would be very surprised if it did.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
could be wrong and this could come in an expansion, but I would be very surprised if it did.
MKx and MK11 both added massive features in the mid life of the game. MK11 for example added unrestricted variations.

Not saying it IS going to happen, but it is not unprecedented for them to "unlock" something as a way to inject life into the game after it goes a little stale. Could easily be "a plan" on how the game evolves over time.