What's new

Question - Tigrar Fury Mobility and neutral.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I've got most of my gameplan down. I'd just like to know how you guys go about:

a.) Anti-zoning
b.) General movement while trying to get in on opponents
c.) Oki

Looking forward to all opinions, ty.

@Espio @YOMI REO

Espio

Kokomo
Oh goodie, someone wants to discuss Tigrar.

Tigrar Fury versus Mournful is a good example of counter zoning with tigrar. The speed and hitbox of it is perfect for knocking Kitana out of air glaives and since he heavily outdamages her in the fireball game, if he hits her out of it, he gets a major zoning advantage. You make her come in and she'll be in a lot of trouble. If you were more specific I'd be able to give a more nuanced explanation. How Tigrar counter zones is different depending on who he's fighting. There's no real flow chart to it.

For example, low fireballs might be good against people with low profiling fireballs cause he'll hit them, trade, knock them down and potentially get in range to attack up close or get zoning advantage.

Low fireballs are good because at a range they punish people for neutral ducking your fireballs and at several ranges and for a bar can launch for pretty hearty damage (30% is very feasible).

Flame breath is actually hilariously good for oki in a couple scenarios like at Summer Jam I was playing this Kung Lao player and was using flame breath at a range to beat out spin and ex spin because of its incredible range. This is effective against a lot of wake ups although advancing ones are in many cases an exception. Aside from that, most of your oki is universal with armor, back 3, 3, down 3 etc.

The movement is basically the same, this question is a bit too vague in my opinion. For the characters you have to get in on, it's the same general strategy as it would be for Kuatan or Dragon Fangs. Gotta be patient.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Movement, as in, I find his run speed ridiculously slow. Just getting around projectiles and getting in without using meter, is what I mean.

As for counter zoning, I'm talking Mileena or Kang type low profiling, low fireballs with fairly quick recovery. Since even the ex is all high, I was wondering how you get around it. Ex krush, maybe?

Also, are there any guaranteed otg krush setups? I generally tend to end my combos with DBF3. Any other setups available?

@Espio I just watched @YOMI REO and got quite a few ideas. Any of your match footage available?

Last edited: