What's new

MMH New corner tech?

TheRFG

Noob
So I noticed the corner combo posted on the MMH combo thread, and didn't like it very much because it didn't keep the person in the corner, so I started playing around with what I had and found a cool trick. I wanted to end a combo with the grab, placing the opponent back in the corner.

Basic corner combo meterless, no trait - F123,F123, (cross under)B2 grab -33%

1 bar
*50% with Transitions- F123,F123, (Cross under)B2xxMBGrab, b3(transition).
*60% without Transition and corner interactible - F123,F123, (Cross under)B2xxMBGrab, B3 -38%(intractable ie car smash unavoidable dmg -22%)

You might be wondering how this works with a MB grab. If you input the second f123 quickly and hold forward, you change positions with the opponent. The inputs are still the same, but you have input them the opposite direction as from when you started the combo. the choice to meter burn is totally optional and the timing is strict, but not impossible. This will keep nice corner pressure on and provide a potentially nice finishing option. If you make it to the b3 part of the combo and your opponent still has clash, you're basically guaranteed unclashable damage that's relatively high. The b3 into transition or interactible will do about 27% unclashible.

I barely touched the surface of this, and didn't mess around with the trait at all. The other nice thing is that the string f123 hits overhead the last hit, so if you have an opponent who is ducking, you can continue the second f123 with the same results.

Orb mixup option - instead of doing the MB grab if you do a regular orb after the b2, the orb actually will be at the right distance to strike the person on impact or by timing. So just to be clear, at this point you are basically in the corner, and the opponent is between you and the mid orb, with it barely touching them(from behind). I haven't checked to see if backdash will be hit by this, but a stationary wakeup will, or someone who doesn't know what they are doing. A tech-roll will be punished by the MB version of the orb.
Orb Option 2 - Instead of Mid orb, you can do a close orb. This puts the orb between you and the opponent if they are a charging wakeup character (DD), and can interrupt any jump ins who think they have you "cornered". My favorite thing do do in either option 1 or 2 is to hit trait and do an instant air dash and try to cross them up. This with the orbs can cause them some real problems, and can put them back in the corner.

Edit: I just thought of another option. If you do the mb grab, you can get in any starter combo into a close orb and really mess with the opponent. It can act basically like teeth.

For a different spacing of orbs do b1 instead of b2 into either orb. Mix it up with MB orb, and it should hurt pretty bad.

I hope this helps, and maybe more can be learned from this. again, I just tested the b2 and b1 strings after the crossup. Maybe somebody can find something more usefull

I noticed that too. Not sure about this particular combo but I believe crossing under in the corner will have it's use.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I really think his meter is best saved for setups, so I wouldn't go for more damage after the MB grab. This cross-under tech is cool, I'll have to play around with it, but I don't love the idea of putting youself in the corner for an orb setup.

If you're going for good damage and an orb setup I would do something like 22b3, 3, f123, 11u3~db3, 3~df1b.