What's new

MLG - MK9 & SCV Online [US Only] Tournaments Announced!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Posted just yesterday over at on Major League Gaming's site it looks like Mortal Kombat will continue its reign of money-making thanks to MLG and PlayStation! These tournaments, powered by PlayStation, will give you the chance to show off your 'online warrior' skills for big bucks! These events will be a part of MLG's GameBattles all season long! This is very exciting news considering those who are unable to make it out to tournaments have the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to win and get "dat fight money". Wanna know what the best part about this is? It's FREE to enter and participate! Did you hear me, it's FREE! You may also enter both MK9 and SCV tournaments.

Full details go here!
mlgps3mk.png

Registration for this event is now open, register now!
Register for Mortal Kombat | Register for Soul Calibur V

Taken from MLG
Prize Money

$5,000 total is on the line for each tournament:
  • 1st Place: $2,500
  • 2nd Place: $1,500
  • 3rd Place: $750
  • 4th Place: $250
Competition Format and Schedule

The format for both tournaments will be a 1v1 ladder which leads into a 32-player double elimination bracket. Both games will be played on PS3.
  • April 27 at noon ET: Registration opens
  • May 2: Ladder play begins
  • May 29, 9pm ET: Registration closes
  • May 30, 9pm ET: Ladder play ends, and Bracket play begins
  • June 2, 12pm ET: Bracket play begins
Please see the rules and competition format for full details:
Soul Calibur V Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules
Mortal Kombat Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules

Attachments

Albo

Noob
Wow, this is great. Even more support and cash from MLG. Shame it's only ps3 though but i'm sure we'll see the usual in top four anyway considering they play online (Curbo, Detroit, REO etc). With this being an online tourney though, this is more of a chance for online players who can't go to tourneys to get their chance at the big money.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
so basically the people without jobs that can play and gain xp in Ladder Play will advance to top 32 bracket. You can play as many matches as you want in ladder play to bring you into the top 32, that puts me out, I have a job and kids.

Good idea, but some silly ass rules, anyone doing this I would recomend being able to record your matches as well.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
this sucks its only for ps3 also it looks pretty weird on how to regisiter asking u to create a team im like wtf

Tyrlix

Noob
4. The Maps Chamber of Flame and The Streets may not be played. If a Player selects one of these Maps, the Game must be restarted from the beginning and the Player must select another Stage.
I don't get this one, enlighten me.

Tyrlix

Noob
MLG staff will have to answer some of these questions
Then it sounds pretty ridiculous that certain levels aren't allowed. Not like that it would matter to me but still. At first I tought that it was something that there would be a certain bug/glitch/exploit that people would abuse.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah, still really salty though that I only own a 360. I mean, you don't see Microsoft sponsoring KoFXIII and them getting an online tournament for 2,500 as the top prize. PS3 folks are hella lucky. :(
Yea it does suck, but thats why Sony does this. They also sponsor Evo, too :/

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
5k over a fucking online tournament...are you kidding me? SCV ain't as bad but MK9 is ass online.

Actually, I'll bring my PS3 down to the McDonalds and use their wifi, and just do nothing but lagged out unpunishable bullshit and get that 5k :)

edit: I take that back. SCV desyncs like a mofo. A 'godlike' netcode isn't worth much when the game desyncs way more than it should. MK9 you can't AA or punish a lot of stuff and SCV desyncs constantly. Hmm...lol