What's new

MLG Anaheim's Competitor/Spectator Passes for Killer Instinct and Injustice are now available!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
People from Arizona still can't pre-reg for these. It was like this for MK9 too. It's stupid
what law makes it so you can't do that? thats so dumb to me lol grass-root tournaments don't need this but MLG does?

4x4lo8o

Noob
what law makes it so you can't do that? thats so dumb to me lol grass-root tournaments don't need this but MLG does?
I think it's some kind of anti-gambling law. I think grass roots are technically supposed to do it to but they aren't big or official so they just ignore it.

Already did, but it's frustrating that I have to go through that extra step and will have to stand in line and pay at the door instead of just doing it all online, and not being able to just sign up online like normal might make some of the guys here who aren't sure about going less likely to go. You know how bad most people are about pre-registering. This doesn't help. Especially if it caps and they can't just sign up at the door. I already had someone in my scene ask me if he should go to Evo or MLG, and this doesn't make it easier for me to convince that the correct answer is "both"

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I think it's some kind of anti-gambling law. I think grass roots are technically supposed to do it to but they aren't big or official so they just ignore it.

Already did, but it's frustrating that I have to go through that extra step and will have to stand in line and pay at the door instead of just doing it all online, and not being able to just sign up online like normal might make some of the guys here who aren't sure about going less likely to go. You know how bad most people are about pre-registering. This doesn't help. Especially if it caps and they can't just sign up at the door. I already had someone in my scene ask me if he should go to Evo or MLG, and this doesn't make it easier for me to convince that the correct answer is "both"
okay how about this take a group of AZ guys out of state for an hour and pre reg on someone's CPU or at a library in NM cali colorado UTAH wherever and pre reg, could you do that? is that a possibility? not saying thats your only option on anything, it sucks that you guys have to go through that, i would do it if i had to.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
okay how about this take a group of AZ guys out of state for an hour and pre reg on someone's CPU or at a library in NM cali colorado UTAH wherever and pre reg, could you do that? is that a possibility? not saying thats your only option on anything, it sucks that you guys have to go through that, i would do it if i had to.
Why not just use a VPN or proxy to have an IP address that is in a different state? You could also have someone out of state register for them but there is an issue of trust and privacy for that. It's pretty dumb that such a law exists, stupidly easy to circumvent but I would rather the AZ people learn the law before doing anything.

CRUM

Noob

Completely understand, and I'm going to be blatantly honest in saying I don't think it will cap before the event but that's just me. Hope the AZ guys can make it out.

CRUM

Noob
they also dont accept mastercard for FG pre reg when it clearly shows mastercard as a form of acceptable payment lol
It says they don't accept MasterCard for team passes which generally means for COD. Not sure if that applies to fighting games as well, though. I don't think Injustice and KI passes are technically team passes.

GhosT

Noob
It says they don't accept MasterCard for team passes which generally means for COD. Not sure if that applies to fighting games as well, though. I don't think Injustice and KI passes are technically team passes.
thats why i said wat dafuqq.. i had to use paypal (not really a bad thing) cuz they didnt accept MC for KI either