What's new

MLB Playoff 2011 thread! Who will win it all?

Which team out of the following 8 this year will win the World Series?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, well figured since nobody else made one. I know this site doesn't have THAT many MLB fans apparently but I know some are big baseball fans on here.

Apparently, after seeing a great last day few days ago with the ultimate outcome of seeing Boston and Atlanta choking at the last minute, we instead have TB Rays and Cardinals as the 2011 Wild Card Winners.

AL East champs:
NY Yankees

AL Central champs:
Detroit Tigers

AL West champs:
Texas Rangers

WC winner:
TB Rays

NL East Champs:
Phillies

NL Central:
Milwaukee Brewers

NL West:
Arizona D-backs

NL WC winner:
Cardinals

So what's your predictions?

Here's mine

TB over Texas

Yankees over Tigers

Brewers over D-backs

Phillies over Cardinals

Yankees over TB

Brewers over Phillies

Yankees vs. Brewers in WS, take it in 5 or 6.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok, well figured since nobody else made one. I know this site doesn't have THAT many MLB fans apparently but I know some are big baseball fans on here.

Apparently, after seeing a great last day few days ago with the ultimate outcome of seeing Boston and Atlanta choking at the last minute, we instead have TB Rays and Cardinals as the 2011 Wild Card Winners.

AL East champs:
NY Yankees

AL Central champs:
Detroit Tigers

AL West champs:
Texas Rangers

WC winner:
TB Rays

NL East Champs:
Phillies

NL Central:
Milwaukee Brewers

NL West:
Arizona D-backs

NL WC winner:
Cardinals

So what's your predictions?

Here's mine

TB over Texas

Yankees over Tigers

Brewers over D-backs

Phillies over Cardinals

Yankees over TB

Brewers over Phillies

Yankees vs. Brewers in WS, take it in 5 or 6.
No way rays knock out the rangers. Tx takes the WS against az in 6

-b_s- :headbang:

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Let me be crystal clear in that I am a die hard Yankees fan. I have a tattoo of them on my right arm. However, the Phillies quite possibly have the greatest pitching lineup in the history of baseball. I don't see any team beating them in a best of 7. Their lineup is easily the NL All Star Team, it's just crazy.

My pick is Phillies over Yankees 4-2 in WS

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yankees over Tigers, 3-1.
Texas over Tampa, 3-2.

Brewers over D-Backs, 3-1.
Phillies over Cards, 3-1.

Yankees over Texas, 4-3.

Phillies over Cards, 4-2.

Yankees over Phillies to make it 2 Series to 0 in the rivalry. 4 games to 3.

#YAAAAAAAAAAAANKS.

EDIT: Nori, have faith in the pinstripes, my friend...remember last time? Idk if it was just living in Jersey, but NOBODY I knew in '09 thought we were gonna be able to beat them, let alone convincingly. Burnett aside, I think NY is fully capable of bringing home another WS banner.
There are few forces in sports more powerful or respect-demanding than the Yankees in October.

God, I love the playoffs.

MKF30

Let me be crystal clear in that I am a die hard Yankees fan. I have a tattoo of them on my right arm. However, the Phillies quite possibly have the greatest pitching lineup in the history of baseball. I don't see any team beating them in a best of 7. Their lineup is easily the NL All Star Team, it's just crazy.

My pick is Phillies over Yankees 4-2 in WS
Oh really? Yankee fan? Neat. Most people hate them(but no doubt due to envy)Thought I was the only one, I do think the Phillies have very good pitching but they also had issues with injuries too remember and not for nothing but play in an inferior league compared to the AL's line ups...just saying, people said the same thing in 09 and Yankees beat the Phillies.

I think if the Yankees are on their game, they can beat anyone honestly....the only flaw with them is some starting pitching, their BP is better then anyone and their hitting line up is arguably the best in the playoffs...should they perform at their full potential.

Nothing against the Phillies, but outside of the NL Central and West, the NL east is a joke for them. For them to beat the Yankees at their best, they would have to literally pitch their best to put down that line up. Just saying. I do prefer to face someone else in the Brewers, Cards or D-backs though as oppose to the Phillies but I believe the Yankees if they play their best, can beat anyone here.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The 09 pitching is NOTHING like it is now. First off, we had Matsui, who was a monster in the playoffs. And somehow, A rod batted in the 400s.

Second, the 11 pitching staff for the Phillies is as follows:

Cliff Lee (who beat the Yankees twice, by himself, in 09 WS)
Roy Halladay (I've lost track of how many perfect games and no hitters he's thrown, All star in ANY league)
Roy Oswal (another former All star)
Phil Hamels (I think that's how you spell it)

That is a pretty fucking retarded rotation that if THEY play on their game, I don't see how they lose. I'm hoping for Yankee magic in the playoffs as much as the next guy, I'm just trying to keep it real

MKF30

Oh of course, but just saying people said the same thing about Boston this year and where are they now? lol

You know all that "Boston will win, they're the better team then the Yankees or Rays"

Then choked...you can't predict Baseball, that's why I LOVE it! lol

Arod, I have no more questions about. He proved himself to me a long time ago, plus this year considering his bad breaks with injuries still has 16 hrs? Not bad at all considering. He'll have a big year no doubt either next year or the one after when he has a full healthy season.

Cliff Lee and Roy will be tough no doubt, but I do think the Yankees can manage if they're patient. I know good pitching stops good hitting, but with their line up the Phillies will have to be PERFECT literally....

We'll see, all I know is in October the Yankees more times then not, turn up the magic and pull games out of their ass as we've seen historically lol

MKF30

Not a cardinal fan but I don't like the Phillies lol, so if the Cards can get by them. Props...

If Tigers get past the Yankees, I can see them going all the way....Verlander>>>anyone else with pitching. The guy is a beast, dude was throwing 100 mph in the 8th against the Yankees...really? Unreal.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If somebody would have told me AJ Burnett would only allow 1 run, I would be convinced they are heavily medicated. OH MY GOD, GO FUCKING YANKEES!!

MKF30

Yeah, my friend I fight with constantly every year around this time....because he was blaming "the yankees losing" on Arod and AJ constantly, even though Verlander was fucking owning the entire line up...

I think some people forget Baseball=TEAM oriented sport lol

Now, I told him "told ya so" lol I'm really happy for AJ, so many Yankee fans had him down. I can understand their skepticism but at the same time the guy has A grade stuff when he's on, props AJ. I don't hate you, I just want you to do well and defeat your mental obstacles. Telling you, that's all it is, you saw what he did to the Yankees when he was with the Marlins and in 2009 with the Yankees...

Now, let's hope tonight Nova is on! If he is and if the offense whole wakes up like they did on Tuesday NY should be ok.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Go rangers. I think they'll take it in 7 over the phillies. Then again, I never watch baseball so I dont know jack****

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
We need to trade A-Rod so fucking bad. What a giant waste of space on the roster. He's washed up and only hurts you in the playoffs. Detroit is garbage, I cannot believe we lost to this trash ass team

MKF30

Arod isn't washed up, he was hurt a lot this year....had surgury and his thumb was bothering him...Trading Arod would be utterly retarded....you then lose your 3rd baseman, I can't blame him...sure I'm annoyed but Yankee fans forget, fucking Teixeira, Gardner, Jeter, Swisher, Posada, Martin etc also came up with men on base or bases loaded and did NOTHING...I don't get why some supposed Yankee fans are blaming all of it on Arod, not to mention he was flawless defensively (which of course always goes unnoticed, big shock) I admit he could have done better, but then so could have the ENTIRE offense....

And Nova giving up back to back bombs first inning sure as hell didn't help...I'm not even sure he "was hurt" I wouldn't be surprised it's a front for him doing bad, all of a sudden his forearm is sore? I don't know....

But I definitely don't blame just Arod, I blame the entire team for not hitting in the clutch. Nobody last night hit in sync...nobody.

Whatever, Texas will own the Tigers I'm betting...

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
W/the Phillies and Yankees out, I want to officially congradulate the Texas Rangers on the 2011 WS Title