What's new

Discussion MKXL's New Online - Feedback From Those Who Didn't Play The Beta

How you guys liking it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
2 frame links on reaction to orbiting hat hitting with Lao, s1 anti airs all day, punishing follow ups after blocked pokes, etc. It's godlike.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Compared to the first beta this is pretty disgusting. I'm glad most of you don't feel the difference to offline. But to me, it's easy to notice especially after getting a taste of how good it could've been since the first few weeks of the beta.

EDIT: I say first few weeks of the beta because prior to a few days ago, I haven't touched my console to play neither MKX nor the beta. And the few games I played in the beta since then were god awful as if it were no different to MKX vanilla.

I'm guessing this is the compromise they set up with as any less input latency would cause more rollbacks and skips. Which is a shame because I'd rather have that than play old MKX online.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Compared to the first beta this is pretty disgusting. I'm glad most of you don't feel the difference to offline. But to me, it's easy to notice especially after getting a taste of how good it could've been since the first few weeks of the beta.

EDIT: I say first few weeks of the beta because prior to a few days ago, I haven't touched my console to play neither MKX nor the beta. And the few games I played in the beta since then were god awful as if it were no different to MKX vanilla.

I'm guessing this is the compromise they set up with as any less input latency would cause more rollbacks and skips. Which is a shame because I'd rather have that than play old MKX online.
Have you tried playing offline with the online input mode toggled on?
You might just be super sensitive to latency then most.

Again, it is a huge shame they don't give the option to adjust the latency yourself, I hope they consider it for Injustice 2.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

I agree, I played multiple people, and I have excellent wired internet, top 95% of my country iirc. I can combo fine now which is a plus, counterpoking against someone like Kotal is a joke tho

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Have you tried playing offline with the online input mode toggled on?
You might just be super sensitive to latency then most.

Again, it is a huge shame they don't give the option to adjust the latency yourself, I hope they consider it for Injustice 2.
It was the first thing I did and to be honest, it feels worse than actually playing online. I've disabled it since but I think there's a glitch with it as now it actually stayed and I even get the input delay in menus. I first thought it was my TV but I exited to the Xbox home and everything was fine again.

I'll be optimistic and hope that it's just the quirks of early release of XL and it'll be sorted out but if not, then it's very unfortunate.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It was the first thing I did and to be honest, it feels worse than actually playing online. I've disabled it since but I think there's a glitch with it as now it actually stayed and I even get the input delay in menus. I first thought it was my TV but I exited to the Xbox home and everything was fine again.

I'll be optimistic and hope that it's just the quirks of early release of XL and it'll be sorted out but if not, then it's very unfortunate.
Really huh?
I switched to it and it felt around 3 frames to me, noticeable at first, but easy to get used to.
I just kept it on since none of my friend will ever touch the game again.

Played someone with 56ms ping. It felt like offline. Other than that most matches were around 100ms and it felt good.

Is it perfect? No. Is it miles better than before heck yeah!

Have to give huge props to NRS for even doing this almost a year later. I hope they still tweak it to make it even better.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Update: Well I guess I have been only playing shady connections. Just played a set with my friend @imblackjames , and as always, our connection is great and I finally got to play a set as good as early beta.

Though other than him and 1 other random in ranked, most the games I played are vanilla MKX-tier quality.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I played some matches tonight and they felt very smooth. I'm no top-tier player, so I never really felt like the old "net code" was bad. But the new one somehow just feels super responsive. I'm managing to land combos much more decisively. I dig it.

I only had one issue. As soon as midnight hit, and I started getting all of the notifications that my KP2 stuff could now be used, the match I was in slowed to a crawl, and eventually just disconnected. It was my second or third match with that guy we had zero issues prior to midnight. I think it was just a hiccup due to everything unlocking. Played more matches to try out the new characters and everything was back to great.

Skedar70

Noob
Ok so I tested with my 3rd world internet and was able to play fine(got like an 18 win streak in KOTH). This is way better than the old netcode on which I only played like 2 times because it was terrible and I usually wasn't able to finish a single match.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"

man you need to be from Peru to vote that answer , this netcode is even better than the KI netcode. Its the best they did amazing work i dont know why you having issues , i live in Greece and the connection speeds here are not so good but even like that the MKX online plays perfectly now and it feels like local

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
man you need to be from Peru to vote that answer , this netcode is even better than the KI netcode. Its the best they did amazing work i dont know why you having issues , i live in Greece and the connection speeds here are not so good but even like that the MKX online plays perfectly now and it feels like local
"Better than KI netcode" now you're just being delusional. Even in the best connections in the beta were not on par with KI. Hell, I don't think I've ever experienced any form of lag (either input delay nor rollbacks) in KI. Whereas in MKX EO Beta or XL, you have at least one of them present.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
"Better than KI netcode" now you're just being delusional. Even in the best connections in the beta were not on par with KI. Hell, I don't think I've ever experienced any form of lag (either input delay nor rollbacks) in KI. Whereas in MKX EO Beta or XL, you have at least one of them present.
man the thing is 2 people voted that is bad , you and 1 more person . how you feel about that ? you feel like you are right and the netcode is like before ? for reals