What's new

MKXL (XXXL?) Oct. '16 Balance Patch Changes Reaction and Predictions Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So the game has changed -- what do you think (from what we know so far)? What are your reactions, positive/negative and otherwise? And how do you expect this to affect the gameplay and character placement?

Let's go!

EDIT:
LINK TO PATCH NOTES

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
My reaction for Cryo is that they NERFED him. They just took from him the pressure. After seeing this, I have no other option than to think of known combos being tweaked. His F42T was a unique one, and now this became just like what the other variations have.

About Kounter, I might have a glimpse of this from Cage. I might have my eyes blurred, but I think that the Kounter is the armored block.

E

Eldriken

Well, we can start with what we know -- and expand the discussion as we know more :)

My first reaction is:
Shirai Ryu -- safe
Thanks Based Paulo
Once the patch notes are released, should they be posted here or should a new thread be made?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
My reaction for Cryo is that they NERFED him. They just took from him the pressure. After seeing this, I have no other option than to think of known combos being tweaked. His F42T was a unique one, and now this became just like what the other variations have.
in replacement tho he gets a command grab that is two in one cancelable, do you know how insane that is?

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

About Kounter, I might have a glimpse of this from Cage. I might have my eyes blurred, but I think that the Kounter is the armored block.
if f42 ticks into cmd grab, then nothing changed. So he got major buffed

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Once the patch notes are released, should they be posted here or should a new thread be made?
Both. Deserves a front-page article -- but I'm still curious to see what people's early reactions are to some of the sweeping changes that were already announced.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

What?

less armoured launchers might really help the game, you already saw it in the belt match.
- demo nerf might be less harsh than it sounds.
- balanced kenshi gets hurt by rising karma not having armor.
- alien nerfs are good.
- goro might be top tier now.
- shaolin nerfs are dumb.
- cryo will be strong.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Both. Deserves a front-page article -- but I'm still curious to see what people's early reactions are to some of the sweeping changes that were already announced.
My reaction is the whole "launching armor needs more resources to combo off of" is fantastic and stamina nerfs are also fantastic.